• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

First Japan Official Post Yeah(please check in)

Status
Not open for further replies.
New the forums and new to E cigs. Living in the beautiful inaka of Phukui. Bet most people, even Japanese don't know where it's at :)
Anyway I've read most of this thread, but it seems people order most of their stuff from abroad. Has anyone tried any Japanese products? I don't mind ordering juices from abroad, but would like to buy something locally. I don't mind modding either. I just don't want to have to order parts from abroad if things go wrong. Maybe the cheap 1400 yen ones you find at most places can be modded?

Yoroshiku onegaiitashimasu :)

Edit: Since it wont let me type my prefecture in, Ill try and spell it differently.

Last edited:
Yeah I meant the 510. I live in 福井。 It won't let me type it in Romanji.
The 510 will be my first kit. I just want to try it out first. Chotto mendou kusai to have to order stuff all the time, especially if it's from other countries. It's so easy to buy cigarettes here because they are so cheap and you can get them anywhere :(

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Erm, my kanji sucks, so I can't read that lol. Separate the letters in full stops or send me a private message or tell me your nearest town or train station, then I can look it up. Anyway, do you ever come to Tokyo? Why do you want a 510 in particular and why can't you order online from Health Cabin in China for eg.? Actually I'm going to be placing an order from them soon and can maybe add in a small order for you? Do you have any juices or anything else?

Last edited:
here you go. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ui_Prefecture
Never been to Tokyo since moving here. Too far and expensive. Kyoto and Osaka are closer to me, but cost a lot to even go out to those cities. I was interested in the 510 because it's the cheapest I think you can go as far as an intro to PVs. They are a lot cheaper than any Japanese kit, which cost 3 to 4 times as much. Plus they are pretty standard, so if I decide to get myself into the hobby deeper, it would be easier to mod or build up equipment I may need. I did order juice from the company I ordered from. Like I said this is just all to get my feet wet while I research more in what I may want in the future.

Edit: Wow it actually edited the link. OK here we go F U K U I. see if that works

Last edited:

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Wow, sounds harsh. I'm not a fan of the extreme Japanese weather. I have a beautiful terrace garden that I worked so hard on, but all in all I can only use it a few weeks in total in one year. If it's not freezing, then gale force winds, or typhoons or snow or rain or sweltering heat and humidity etc.
How long have you been in Japan and what are you doing here, teaching?

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Wow, cool! Your Japanese must be awesome! I know what you mean about the food. I remember some bitter disappointments when I was craving something western and getting all excited about seeing it on a menu - then the dish arrives... Lol. Now I know to expect something bland and totally different to the dish name, and if it exeeds my low expectations - nice. If not, well, that is what I expected to start with. Anyway I bake my own bread, make my own yoghurt, grow my own herbs, and stock up on spices, ready made sauces etc. when I go on holiday, so I can cook food to my tastes all year long. It also helps that we have a Costco nearby, where I buy my cheeses, sausages and Australian beef etc. I believe you can shop online and have goods delivered.
I presume you are a guy?

It's not so bad. I make burgers and San Diego style tacos. We have a Brazilian butcher here that has Australian beef that I use to make the burgers and carne asada. They also have cilantro for the tacos :) And they did just open a costco in Kyoto. It's a nice 3 hour drive around lake Biwa, so I don't mind. I tried gardening last year. I had jalapeno, ancho chilies, and some other stuff, but I just couldn't hang getting bit by mosquito when I had to water, so meh.
My Japanese is all right. I can get by and hold simple conversations, but it's not great. Our dialect here kinda sounds like Korean. At least the intonation does. We're kinda like hicks, so it could be thought of as Tokyo-ben sounding like a California accent and ours sounding like we're from Arkansas :p

P.S. Yup a dude

P.S.S Where did you get an oven?!

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
We specified for a buit in oven when my husband bought this apartment 9 years ago. It was in the 'model room' and I insisted that I want one even though it wasn't part of the deal, it just for show. It took 2 weeks of arguing lol. But hey what did I know, I was just the gaijin.
Actually I use a panyaki to mix the dough and sometimes to bake it too, if it's just a loaf, but for pizza or rolls etc., I use the oven after the panyaki has done all the hard work for me.
I think you can buy ovens in places like Yamedadenki and Big Camera quite easily these days.

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
Yes I suppose so. Maybe a big Home Center then? I know the Viva Home near us has stuff like that. My oven is Convention style and can grill bake or microwave. The actual oven can heat to 250 C, I think that is more than 450 F, but I bake my pizzas at about 190 C. I do roasts for special occasions too, like roast chicken, leg of lamb or turkey.
But hey, that's not my pride and joy... That special spot is reserved for my clothes dryer :) which I FINALLY got last year after struggling for 12 years!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread