First mech mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloodless2010

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2015
So I saw the tugboat V2 and I wanted it. You guys probably know the feeling, shinyitis. I've been wanting a rda and mechanical mod setup for a little while, mainly just because of simplicity, something that works nice and looks nice too. Well the tugboat V2 is just that, I noticed it was really damn expensive (atleast what I consider expensive for a tube of metal)
I found this on fasttech;
https://m.fasttech.com/p/3476800
And damn, 22$ is an epic price, yeah it may be a clone. But it shouldn't be too much of a big deal. I understand ohms law, and a handful about batteries. I may skimp on the mod here, but I know damn well not to skimp on the batteries, I plan on getting some genuine protected aspire ICR 40A 18650, or possibly the 20A version as it has higher mAh. I'm wondering if these will work well together, and if I should make any adjustments. I would also like to know what's the lowest safest ohm I can go, not the minimum (wouldnt risk that) but just the lowest safest I can go. Thanks :)

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
Part of your answer: Using a unregulated mechanical I would NOT build below 0.20 and insure that you are using a quality battery purchased from a trusted vendor that delivers at least 20A continuous. I prefer the Samsung R25 battery.

Also, watch this video and insure that you have a meter and use it to test and measure your builds before you fire on your mod.

Vape safe

:)

Last edited:

MagnusEunson

Bearded Super Villain
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2011
Behind you
.. but I know damn well not to skimp on the batteries, I plan on getting some genuine protected aspire ICR 40A 18650, or possibly the 20A version as it has higher mAh. I'm wondering if these will work well together, and if I should make any adjustments. I would also like to know what's the lowest safest ohm I can go, not the minimum (wouldnt risk that) but just the lowest safest I can go. Thanks :)

I think a lot of both answers can be found in @Mooch 's battery tables:

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/f...des-picking-a-safe-battery-to-vape-with.7447/

He covers temperatures, actual CDRs, etc. across a bunch of blog posts and tests too. -Mags

Reactions: SeniorBoy

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
So I saw the tugboat V2 and I wanted it. You guys probably know the feeling, shinyitis. I've been wanting a RDA and mechanical mod setup for a little while, mainly just because of simplicity, something that works nice and looks nice too. Well the tugboat V2 is just that, I noticed it was really damn expensive (atleast what I consider expensive for a tube of metal)
I found this on fasttech;
https://m.fasttech.com/p/3476800
And damn, 22$ is an epic price, yeah it may be a clone. But it shouldn't be too much of a big deal. I understand ohms law, and a handful about batteries. I may skimp on the mod here, but I know damn well not to skimp on the batteries, I plan on getting some genuine protected aspire ICR 40A 18650, or possibly the 20A version as it has higher mAh. I'm wondering if these will work well together, and if I should make any adjustments. I would also like to know what's the lowest safest ohm I can go, not the minimum (wouldnt risk that) but just the lowest safest I can go. Thanks :)

That mod has no centerpin
Mod features:
  • 510 threaded connector, without 510 center pin

Do not use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread