First Mod Complete - Epipe Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

2buildawall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Bellingham
I have been wanting to build a mech mod since I started vaping two years ago. I have finally finished my first all mechanical 18650 pipe mod. It is made from mahogany turned on a lathe. It has a Fat Daddy 22mm 510 and I created (from rough instructions) the magnetic switch on top. It works perfectly. It was a steep learning curve for me. Now that I have done one the next pipe will be all about refining. It is an addictive hobby!

Epipe.JPG

2buildawall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Bellingham
Thanks everyone!

Pdizzle - the switch I turned on my lathe then used magnets and copper. I followed instructions from another forum that sent me in odd directions until after about three attempts I figured it out.

I press the switch that sits on top of the battery and the copper contacts the negative ring around the battery and she fires. Let go and the opposing batteries in the switch force it up off the negative contact. It is smooth and works perfect.

Reactions: thetrucker

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
I have been wanting to build a mech mod since I started vaping two years ago. I have finally finished my first all mechanical 18650 pipe mod. It is made from mahogany turned on a lathe. It has a Fat Daddy 22mm 510 and I created (from rough instructions) the magnetic switch on top. It works perfectly. It was a steep learning curve for me. Now that I have done one the next pipe will be all about refining. It is an addictive hobby!

View attachment 533852
That is awesome! Very cool! It looks great too.

Reactions: 2buildawall

2buildawall

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2014
Bellingham
Pdizzle - It is a lot like a tube mod. When I was first trying to figure out how it was done I could not get past the lack of a mosfet. You don't need the mosfet due to the switch. You can buy a fuse that sits between the positive and the copper connection for a safety device. It is not a device I use for sub ohm builds but other people do.

Reactions: wvducklady

thetrucker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
Syracuse,NY

View attachment 533852

Looks really nice --------great for first pipe mod...........

Reactions: 2buildawall

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
Pdizzle - It is a lot like a tube mod. When I was first trying to figure out how it was done I could not get past the lack of a mosfet. You don't need the mosfet due to the switch. You can buy a fuse that sits between the positive and the copper connection for a safety device. It is not a device I use for sub ohm builds but other people do.
That is very interesting! I have so much respect for vapers who make and create their own mods :) I think it is very cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread