First post and a few questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

furbs

Oct 23, 2013
Leighton Buzzard
First of all hello all!

Im a very new to vaping, 3 weeks this Sunday but already im very happy i started, did so to give up the cigs and found it very very easy to do so and so much more enjoyable!

The last 3 weeks have been filled with buying a starter kit, watching a ton of utube vids, buying some juice and getting a new tank, but already im thinking of upgrading my kit and or getting a dripping style set up, so i have a few questions.

Here is what im using right now...

Tornado C-Twist battery with a Kanger pro tank 2.

1. Is it really worth getting flashy MOD like a Lava tube, iTaste etc...what are the pro's and cons, is the flavour/vaping experience that much better?

2. Dripping? again worth it? i do like the sound of getting better flavour, what sort of set up is it worth getting, worth spending more?

3. Juice, so many choices. Are the premuim Juices worth getting, im using the normal HS juices at the moment, but thinking of looking elsewhere, maybe DIY?

4. Is it normal to be really enjoying fiddling with my kit and juices all the time? lol :)

Really would love to hear some opinions from you guys, thanks for reading.

Cheers in advance for any help.

Dana A

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 25, 2012
Iowa
Welcome to the forums :) I am going to try and answer your questions as best as I can. It really is a better vaping experience from a mod. Dripping is strictly a personal preference. Some like it and some don't. I do find premium e liquids to be better but do like some cheap ones as well. If you are loving to fiddle with your gear I see RBA/RDAs in your future. They save you money, allow you to personalize your vape and are fun if you like to fiddle.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
Hi. :) Fabulous to have some more Brit Vapers.

1) Probably. Depends on the sort of kit you use. I can get the same vape from a twist/Spinner and protank as on my eVic SID. (eVic dead)
However, things are never that simple.
2) Dripping - well i.m.o. this is the best way to experience the full flavours. Don't do it much/often, but always a pleasurable experience. Maybe start with a baby dripping atomizer. (306 perhaps?)
3) I only vape one Hangsen liquid. I think that answers that question.
4) Yep....welcome to the wonderful world of Vaping.

P.S. I DIY, but in all the time I've done it, I've not created anything much in all honesty. I make Citrus and menthol/fruits.

Do you have just one twist battery? If so, what else have you got. If you ever need another, try here.

Vision Spinner 1300 MAH

Cheaper, and longer lasting. Not necessarily better though. TW sells Joyetech, which is good, but I'm not a big TW fan.

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
Im a very new to vaping, 3 weeks this Sunday but already im very happy i started, did so to give up the cigs and found it very very easy to do so and so much more enjoyable!
Welcome!

Is it really worth getting flashy MOD like a Lava tube, iTaste etc...what are the pro's and cons, is the flavour/vaping experience that much better?
Some people might consider this a "con": Even with a good VV/VW mod, you will need to learn more about rechargeable batteries and how to use them safely. Baditude has some great blog posts on this:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...eeper-understanding-mod-batteries-part-i.html
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...eper-understanding-mod-batteries-part-ii.html

Never skimp on high quality batteries from a reliable source, and get a high-quality charger. I would also recommend owning and using a multimeter (e.g. to check batteries for overcharge or overdischarge).

I don't personally consider this a con. It's just something we should all be aware of if we're going to use the equipment. :)

On the "pro" side: I get longer battery life and more personal control over my vape experience. I'm sure some of the veterans will articulate this better than I can, but I would say that mods have vastly improved my vaping experience.

You do not have to do it. There are plenty of long-term vapers who never get a mod, sticking with eGo-style batteries. If I'm not mistaken, DruidPriest (hope I spelled that right) is among them. If you're satisfied with your experience, do not feel pressured to change. Each of us wants something a little different from our own vaping experience, so when you have what you want, you've got a great thing.

Dripping? again worth it? i do like the sound of getting better flavour, what sort of set up is it worth getting, worth spending more?
Some folks love it. I haven't experienced better flavor yet, but I'm only a novice dripper. The Ocelot has a good beginner's guide here. It does not necessarily involve spending a lot of money.

Juice, so many choices. Are the premuim Juices worth getting, im using the normal HS juices at the moment, but thinking of looking elsewhere, maybe DIY?
Some premium juices are excellent. Some inexpensive juices are excellent. In my experience, quality and cost are not always well matched in this realm. If you can find a place to sample juices before buying, whether at a vape shop or among friends, that's ideal. Otherwise, I recommend looking for sample-sized bottles, or at the very least sticking with small bottles for a while.

Taste is very subjective, but I have personally found reviews worthwhile (and not always for the reasons intended by the author-- sometimes a negative review mentions a quality the reviewer disliked but I think I will like).

Is it normal to be really enjoying fiddling with my kit and juices all the time? lol :)
Among a lot of ECF users, very much so. :)

StarDose

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2013
Brampton
Well let me start by saying I use my twists everyday when I'm out of the house. Mods just seem too big to carry around as easily as an ego and clearo and I don't see a big difference in the quality of vape between my ego and apv.

At home I use my mechs and rdas(rebuildable dripper) which I think is the best vape. Although strong liquids tend to taste way too strong in my rdas, to the point I thought the liquids were terrible until I tossed it into a clearo and its one of my ADV now.

I have a couple ego twists, an apv and 3 mechs with rdas and I only use my apv to check the resistance of the coils I make now.

Some premium flavors are good but all companies usually have a few great flavors atleast. I tend to try samples of premium flavors for ideas for new DIY recipes.

Blu916

Verified Member
Oct 30, 2013
Sacramento, CA

1. Is it really worth getting flashy MOD like a Lava tube, iTaste etc...what are the pro's and cons, is the flavour/vaping experience that much better?

I've been on a Chinese Ego kit for 7 months, it worked but they never seemed to give me a very consistent vape, especially when the charge would get lower. However, to answer your question Pro's of a Mod? More consistent vape, longer charge and with VV/VW you can change the characteristics of the vape. IE: Taste/Throat Hit. Cons: Weight/Size more or less the portability of the device.

The "flavor" depends more on the type of tank system you're using, and while the Mod will play a role (Consistent Voltage is one piece). The second piece to the puzzle is the resistance and type of "tank" system you're using up top. There are top wick Clearo's (CE4/Vivi Nova) bottom wick's (EVOD/ProTank), or Cartomizer systems (Smoktech/Igo30) and those are just the "Well-Known" models. All of these can be used on a Mod and while you'll get a more consistent vape, the taste probably won't change much unless you're using VV/VW. Remember though, because taste and vape can be VERY subjective, it can be worth it to buy a few different kinds and see which you prefer most.

My personal preference on an Ego is an EVOD at 1.8Ohms, now that I'm moving up to a mod, I'm going to check out different Cartomizer systems and find one that I like.

2. Dripping? again worth it? i do like the sound of getting better flavour, what sort of set up is it worth getting, worth spending more?

Matter of personal preference, do you want a hobby or are you just trying to quit smoking? Most people who drip, do it on custom Rebuildable Atomizer systems and crazy home-made coil setups. Some of my co-workers do it and swear by it. I've vaped their Mech's and RBA's just to experience it, but honestly for me? Its a matter of convenience. Do I want to carry around bottles of liquid with me plus my mod, plus whatever else I might need for the day? Then every 5-10 vapes have to drip more liquid into the top over and over again?

My answer is no, when I'm at work or out and about, I'm gonna use a tank system for convenience. However thats a trade off I'm willing to make and honestly I can look at a Hybrid Tank/RBA or Reo. There are a TON and I do mean a metric ton of different options out there. Will dripping give you more taste/better vape? Based on my experience? Yes, but only you can decide if the extra work involved and portability is an acceptable tradeoff.

3. Juice, so many choices. Are the premuim Juices worth getting, im using the normal HS juices at the moment, but thinking of looking elsewhere, maybe DIY?

This question is so loaded I'm not even sure where to start, some people will spend $5 on juice, swear by it and it can be an all day vape for them that they'll always keep that on hand (Some MtBakerVapor Juices) others can spend $20 on juice and hate it (Fusion Vapes - Bobba's Bounty). The two examples provided above are US vendors, I'm sure you have some choices in the UK but I wouldn't know where to point you. Buy whatever sounds good to you, small at first to try and go from there until you find something you like. As for DIY, I've never done it (rely on the tastebuds of others :)) but there are several who enjoy the chemistry side of the hobby. (PG/VG/Nic/Flavor)

4. Is it normal to be really enjoying fiddling with my kit and juices all the time? lol :)

Totally, and if you let the bug catch you like it did me... well you'll be spending more money than your wife would like :lol:

furbs

Oct 23, 2013
Leighton Buzzard
Thanks very much for the replys guys, some really good info, going to look for a drip kit i think, seems the way to go for home vaping/trying flavours....like the idea of switching flavours quickly.

Can you buy whole drip kits? at least until i get good handle on the bits and pieces needed.

I must say the switch from the cigs has been painless and very surprising for me, i do wish i had done this a long time ago.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread