RDA First RDA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexfeetham

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
Halifax, West Yorkshire, UK
So I'm interested in buying an RDA at this stage as I love my tanks but would love to be able to just get that extra vapour when I want it. Got a sigelei 100w plus on the way so want something good to go with it. Pretty competent with building coils as I used to rebuild them for my evod/protank. Any suggestions? Been looking at the fogger RDA.

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
So I'm interested in buying an RDA at this stage as I love my tanks but would love to be able to just get that extra vapour when I want it. Got a sigelei 100w plus on the way so want something good to go with it. Pretty competent with building coils as I used to rebuild them for my evod/protank. Any suggestions? Been looking at the fogger RDA.

What tanks do you have? Some of them can be assembled as rda's by leaving out certain pieces.

For an rda that is super easy to build on there's the magma:
https://www.fasttech.com/product/1754904
1754904-2.jpg

MattyTny

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 8, 2013
New York
Are you interested in an RDA or an RTA? The fogger is an RTA, not a dripping atomizer. As for your first RDA, you really can't go wrong with most of what's out there. Most RDA units have dual coil capability while offering single coil airflow. Do you want something with a reduced chamber to intensify flavor? Some RDA units have different ways of how the air hits the coil, like the mutation X diagonal holes compared to the infinite CLT slots. There's all different types, it comes down to how you like it opposed to performance, because they all seem to perform. I'd suggest getting a couple to try different builds. Magma is supposed to be great for flavor, Mutation X is supposed to be great for vapor production. The vertex looks nice because of the reduced chamber. There's a lot of options, check them out in video reviews.

alexfeetham

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
Hey thanks for the responses, Matty the fogger i was looking at was an RDA I know there are Fogger RTAs aswell. I'm after an RDA, I dunno I just dont fancy an RTA, if I want a tank i'll just use a regular old tank atty. Got my sigelei 100w now so I definately need something that I can turn this up with and get some serious vapour production! Got a decent budget as well now.

I'll keep in mind the ones mentioned and keep looking as I wont be ordering for a few days.

Mccannch

Nov 10, 2014
NY
Take a look at the Hobo v2. I have an authentic (Sub ohm version from VaporDNA) and a clone currently, and just ordered another authentic. I have tons of droppers right now and find myself using just the Hobo right now. They are easy to work on, takes a lot to make them leak and small chamber gives lots of flavor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alexfeetham

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
So i've made a decision, found a local shop that seems to be the first one i've come accross to stock good products and not just a shops rebranded evods etc... Im gonna pick up an aspire atlantis regardless but they stock a few RDAs. These are the Mutation X v2 Clone, Plume Veil RDA v1.5 Clone, TOBH Atty v2.5 Clone by Ephro and the Tugboat v2 clone. So impressed with the sigelei 100w though, on my mvp it takes a full vape from it to get the same vapour i get in 1-2 seconds on the 100w at 15-20w with the same tank.

alexfeetham

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 18, 2014
Got my first RDA! Local B&M I found sells all sorts of RDAs, mechs and great e-liquids. I ended up with a freakshow RDA! Tried it in shop and it was great. Just got my first successful build on it which is 10 wraps of 28ga kanthal that came out to 1.10hms. Used steam engine and aimed for 1 0hm so I think I did pretty well to come close! Thing is awesome though, using some nana's cream by vapetrik and the flavour is awesome.

Stringplucker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2014
Tarentum, PA, USA
Congrats! Mine arrived in this morning's parcel delivery. I ordered a white one to match the white Apollo clone. I also had a white Dynasty drip tip to complete the effect. My only complaint is that the color was slightly chipped on the cap, and again on the barrel. I decided that it wasn't enough to make me suffer the time of a return and replacement.

All in all, I think it's a great RDA and the flavor is pretty good.

Now for comparison...Flavor from the Tobh is greater. It's the top cap that does it. I have yet to find one that is as good as that for flavor. Clouds from Doge, Mutation X, and Dark Horse beat the Freakshow. That's not saying the Freakshow isn't a producer...it's a great producer. It's just that production is better on other RDAs.

Will I buy another Freakshow? Yup. I want a black one next, then the carbon fiber one. I really do like these.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread