First RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

paintedvape

Jul 20, 2017
Texas
Hello I'm kinda "new" to this I've been vaping for about one year straight on a pro vari 2.5 with an aspire nautilus. I'm burning through atomizers like crazy so I think I'm ready for an RTA I've done a bit of research and I guess I'm between an Avacado by Geek Vape and the Lemo 2 by eleaf(but open to wise suggestions) I'm not ready for SuB OHMs but I do Need an RTA. What Is the Best for a newb? and why? I run at like 4.0 to 4.1 Volts on provari 2.5.. I need something easy to build on with great flavor production, but that will also be useful after I get the hang of it. Any suggestions? sorry for any typos or (likely) wrong wordage. Thank you

Reactions: Eskie

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Welcome @paintedvape .... I am a bit confused as to why you would jump up to an RTA unless you desire to blow lots of large clouds/vapor....... If you are desiring to build your own coils rather than continue to purchase factory made coils all of the time, then there are many options available to you. Are you a mouth to lung type of inhaler or do you inhale directly into your lungs?"

Reactions: paintedvape

oplholik

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 22, 2011
    San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
    Last edited:

djsvapour

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    "Surely the answer to this is some sort of Kayfun"

If you really don't want to Sub-ohm, then
    a) what you have looked at it is not ideal and
    b) some of what you are being recommended is also not great for you, possibly 'wrong'.

Also, unless you tell us the resistance of your coils (I'm guessing 1.6/1.8) that you are using on your Provari at 4.0 volts, then it's hard to determine the exact preferred power of your vape.

I'm guessing you are vaping at around 9-10w - so this confirms my comments a) and b) above.

Be careful. Not all RTAs rumored to be MTL capable/adjustable are not.

Eskie

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    May 6, 2016
    NY
    For a first RTA that's simple to build, has excellent flavor, is a single coil deck (easier to build and get to work well with restricted air) and the air can be way restricted for more of a mtl type experience, check out the Serpent SMM. It hits everything on that checklist.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona

b) some of what you are being recommended is also not great for you, possibly 'wrong'.

Also, unless you tell us the resistance of your coils (I'm guessing 1.6/1.8) that you are using on your Provari at 4.0 volts, then it's hard to determine the exact preferred power of your vape.

I'm guessing you are vaping at around 9-10w - so this confirms my comments a) and b) above.

Thats the range of resistance's on Nautilus Mini 1.8 when i used it.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 4, 2015
    Northern Arizona

paintedvape

Jul 20, 2017
    Texas
    Welcome @paintedvape .... I am a bit confused as to why you would jump up to an RTA unless you desire to blow lots of large clouds/vapor....... If you are desiring to build your own coils rather than continue to purchase factory made coils all of the time, then there are many options available to you. Are you a mouth to lung type of inhaler or do you inhale directly into your lungs?"
    You know it's kinda both in a way I am sick of running out of attys and having to constantly order more but I've slowly raised the volts as well because those clouds are pretty satisfying which makes the atomizers burn out in a bout a week. I don't inhale my vape like a cigarette at all so I'm gonna say i direct to lung hit I taste the flavor on the exhale. I'm sure when I get the hang of building coils I'm going to want to play around with larger clouds too. Hope I'm not over complicating things.

Reactions: AXIOM_1

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    Hope I'm not over complicating things.
    No, you are not complicating anything...you are fine. Sounds to me like you are desiring to get more vapor production in which case you will need a tank that can handle the increased power....... You can purchase larger tanks with pre built sub ohm coils that will handle considerable power or you can buy tanks that allow you to wind your own coils (which is easy). If you need to learn how to wind your own coils then just go to your favorite search engine and search for how to rewind vaping coils... There are many good YouTube videos you can watch that will show in detail how the process is done........ As for what tank to get, there are way too many out there that allow you to build your own coils...... My current favorite tank I use is the older TFV4 by Smok... It allows you to either use large pre built factory coils or it also allows you to wind your own coils if so desired.... There are many such tanks on the market....... I am sure lots of folks here will suggest many tanks for you to try with your particular device.

paintedvape

Jul 20, 2017
    Texas
    I know some forum members mtl with Engine Nano. I have several along with SMM & they're both user friendly.
    would this be good for a beginner and still begow

I

your guess is correct the attys are exactly 1.6 and 1.8 but they are running out too fast and while im sure im not ready for sub ohm, I think when I finally grasp it i'll start playing around with that too. maybe I'm looking for something that doesn't exist? I am new so forgive my ignorance here, but I was hoping there is an rta that's easy enough for a beginner to get the hang of it but still advanced enough that when i want more vapor I don't have to buy a new one. If not then I will just google the suggestions I've been given here for easy to set up. sorry if I'm complicating things :(

Reactions: AXIOM_1

paintedvape

Jul 20, 2017
    Texas
    No, you are not complicating anything...you are fine. Sounds to me like you are desiring to get more vapor production in which case you will need a tank that can handle the increased power....... You can purchase larger tanks with pre built sub ohm coils that will handle considerable power or you can buy tanks that allow you to wind your own coils (which is easy). If you need to learn how to wind your own coils then just go to your favorite search engine and search for how to rewind vaping coils... There are many good YouTube videos you can watch that will show in detail how the process is done........ As for what tank to get, there are way too many out there that allow you to build your own coils...... My current favorite tank I use is the older TFV4 by Smok... It allows you to either use large pre built factory coils or it also allows you to wind your own coils if so desired.... There are many such tanks on the market....... I am sure lots of folks here will suggest many tanks for you to try with your particular device.

oh I like that you can buy pre made coils ill google that TFV4. Thanks for the suggestion.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread