Jul 20, 2017
Texas

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South
Are clones just as good as the originals? I know fasttechs drip tips are fine but Ive always been kinda wary about tanks. Have you ever had any problems?
Hit or miss, depending on the tank. A lot of people love them, I love my nectar. I don't own a original one so I can't compare. Maybe someone else can chime in that owns both a clone and original.:)

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    oh I like that you can buy pre made coils ill google that TFV4. Thanks for the suggestion.

Sorry, but I was not intending the TFV4 for your device as it probably would not fit any way... I was merely trying to indicate that there are many tanks in which you can both wind your own coils if you choose or use factory ones... So, please do not get the TFV4 as that is intended for much higher wattage devices.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    I think my recommendation for under 15w vaping would be the Kayfun v3.
    The v5 is kind of interesting (forget the v4) but curiously never quite managed to hit the spot for true MTL. There is an airflow reduction kit, but I never ventured that far.
    You could easily get a 3.5ml v3 from FT (go for the top reviewed one) and a pack of pre-made coils and even some LTQ cotton pads.
    All that should come in under $18.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2016
    Fredericton NB Canada
    I think my recommendation for under 15w vaping would be the Kayfun v3.
    The v5 is kind of interesting (forget the v4) but curiously never quite managed to hit the spot for true MTL. There is an airflow reduction kit, but I never ventured that far.
    You could easily get a 3.5ml v3 from FT (go for the top reviewed one) and a pack of pre-made coils and even some LTQ cotton pads.
    All that should come in under $18.
    You like the LTQ pads? I found them to fluffy, rip easy. Much prefer Koh Gen Do. The Lemo 2 is alot like the kayfun with a proper MTL driptip, not the one provided. More versatile if he wants to step up to 24 awg or something later too. Best suggestion I can think of is UD Goblins or a Bellus, both very versatile and can remove the block or change decks in the future if you want dual coil.

Reactions: AXIOM_1

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2016
    Fredericton NB Canada
    Oops, yeah. The holes in the Lemo 2 are a little harder to work with then just trapping it under the screws but they fit regular claptons, 24 awg and twisted 26 awg. Screws barely take 26 awg. "She" should probably start with 28 awg 6-7 wraps, a 3m spool will be more then enough to last awhile and give "her" a better idea if she wants 30 awg or 26 awg next.

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2016
    Tempe, Arizona, United States

djsvapour

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Oct 2, 2012
    England and Wales
    You like the LTQ pads? I found them to fluffy, rip easy. Much prefer Koh Gen Do. The Lemo 2 is alot like the kayfun with a proper MTL driptip, not the one provided. More versatile if he wants to step up to 24 awg or something later too. Best suggestion I can think of is UD Goblins or a Bellus, both very versatile and can remove the block or change decks in the future if you want dual coil.

I thought I'd better go and find them actually, having suggested them.
    You are right... darn fluffy....
    Just set up an SXK 3.5ml Kayfun v5.
    4mm ID 0.8ohm coil. Fairly short cut cotton. (26awg Nichrome, 6.5 loops) (Fasttech coil x 50)
    2 full twists on the juice flow, 2 dots on the airflow.
    Chef's Flavour "Tickle me Pink" (Guava, Berries and Apple).
    14.8w.

Not bad!

I'll report back. :)

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2016
    Fredericton NB Canada
    4mm ID 0.8ohm coil. Fairly short cut cotton. (26awg Nichrome, 6.5 loops) (Fasttech coil x 50)
    14.8w.

Not bad!

Good cotton, just seems to be made of fluff in the middle (little specs of cotton) not strands of cotton. If you just split it in half instead of removing both ends its easier to work with just much prefer KGD over other pads, haven't tried vapjoy yet but guessing its just Muji or Puff like LTQ.

I got the Lemo 2 maybe a week ago for $4 usd locally just because I'm waiting on a tank from FT and figured I'd use it as a back up when it shows up but I was shocked at how good it is. Didn't think it would be anywhere near as good as my newer tanks since its so old but I may have to retire one of them now to use as a back up. The top fill is great too, sooo easy.

paintedvape

Jul 20, 2017
    Texas
    14.8w.

Not bad!

thanks for the detailed suggestion

Reactions: DPLongo22

paintedvape

Jul 20, 2017
    Texas
    Sorry, but I was not intending the TFV4 for your device as it probably would not fit any way... I was merely trying to indicate that there are many tanks in which you can both wind your own coils if you choose or use factory ones... So, please do not get the TFV4 as that is intended for much higher wattage devices.
    ya I looked at that now I think im gonna have to just go ahead and buy a new mod too. something with watts instead of volts. I'll look at something less advanced thanks for clearing that up.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA
    ya I looked at that now I think im gonna have to just go ahead and buy a new mod too. something with watts instead of volts. I'll look at something less advanced thanks for clearing that up.

yes, you seem to have the exact problem I had when I started vaping..... You are basically transitioning from a mouth to lung style of vaping into a direct lung style of vaping.... The provari is a nice mod for sure but it was not intended to produce loads of vapor.... It is more of a mouth to lung device.....

If you are going to get a new mod (which I would) then you will need something with more power and you will also need a bigger tank......... Some of the all-in-one kits that are emerging on the market are fairly nice and will give you the vape you are seeking.... Most of the Vape Companies have such type of kits... Kangertech makes a few good ones that would probably suit you.

Reactions: DPLongo22

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 11, 2016
    Tempe, Arizona, United States
    47374b2907d7c2e44c698bfc1a6f0f4d.jpg
    This is my baby, Jac Vapour Series B DNA 75 and the above mentioned SXK kayfun v5 mini. If you're transitioning from a tube mod I think it's worth mentioning as it is slender and slim, with a fantastic hand feel. Has lots of advanced features but works beautifully in plain old wattage mode too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA

Here is a device at a good price that would probably suit your style fairly well....... It has a 50W max putput, which is plenty of power to get a large amount of vapor. The link:
    Kanger SUBOX Mini-C staret kit

Reactions: Gramdogg

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 22, 2016
    Fredericton NB Canada
    Here is a device at a good price that would probably suit your style fairly well....... It has a 50W max putput, which is plenty of power to get a large amount of vapor. The link:
    Kanger SUBOX Mini-C staret kit
    I usually suggest that kit too or a Pico 75w, the melo 3 is a better and more versatile tank. The subtank-c aka protank 5 has no air flow control and wont fit the RBA coil (the juice flow control is in the way). About a $10 difference of course you don't want to get stuck in the "but for $10 more I could get" hole lol. Maybe just get a 2 battery mod incase you want more power or run time between charges later on.

Reactions: AXIOM_1
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread