First RTA

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
your guess is correct the attys are exactly 1.6 and 1.8 but they are running out too fast and while im sure im not ready for sub ohm,
Welcome and glad you joined.
You should do well staying in the 1.6 - 2.0 ohm range to start, I have read about quit a few vapers who try to run before they learn to walk.
Might like to check out the Kanger Subtank Mini with the RBA/purch option.
In General higher ohm coils/lower wattage (generally MTL) vaping will:
Heat the coil slower, which may produce “less” vapor
Provide A “cooler” tasting vape, can produce more flavor
May use less E-Juice (<$ less money)
Prolong battery life (<$)
Prolong coil life (<$)
Prolong wick life (<$)
May be more healthier--lower temps
More likely zero spit back
May result in less PV maintenance/Issues
Less irritation to non vapers
Aids stealth vaping

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
Hello I'm kinda "new" to this I've been vaping for about one year straight on a pro vari 2.5 with an aspire nautilus. I'm burning through atomizers like crazy so I think I'm ready for an RTA I've done a bit of research and I guess I'm between an Avacado by Geek Vape and the Lemo 2 by Eleaf(but open to wise suggestions) I'm not ready for SuB OHMs but I do Need an RTA. What Is the Best for a newb? and why? I run at like 4.0 to 4.1 Volts on provari 2.5.. I need something easy to build on with great flavor production, but that will also be useful after I get the hang of it. Any suggestions? sorry for any typos or (likely) wrong wordage. Thank you
OBS Engine Nano - for direct to lung.
Kayfun V5 - for mouth to lung.
Both easy to coil/wick.

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Reactions: Winblows

Winblows

ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2017
Copenhagen (UTC+1)
I can't believe no one mentioned the serpent mini, provides plenty of airflow, easy build. only drawback is the tank capacity.
I can (believe) :)
In my attend to use it as an "always with me" tank, I only succeeded with leakage and dry hits. Believe me, I've tried a lot of cotton constellations.

Devijack

Jul 31, 2017
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Multiple ID Company

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
If you ever desire to do dtl and sub 0hm i got the big baby beast from smok has an rba section in it (no idea about the kit though, i just got the tank). If you get something like this don't bother with factory coils they chugg the juice like alcohoolics would drink beer lol (mostly the x4 and t6 i've tried).

That would be another approach. however, i hate handing a brand new builder an RBA as their first challenge. They're smaller than typical RTA decks and can be fiddly to build and wick correctly. I view it as get used to building on something simple to throw together without a lot of work and heartache, then a fiddly little RBA that if not built just right will result in juice spilling out the air slots like a open spigot. Not saying you can't, some work quite well, but a full size deck on a tank design forgiving of wicking "errors" seems like a better first experience. I guess the same can be said for ah, other activities too.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
That would be another approach. however, i hate handing a brand new builder an RBA as their first challenge. They're smaller than typical RTA decks and can be fiddly to build and wick correctly. I view it as get used to building on something simple to throw together without a lot of work and heartache, then a fiddly little RBA that if not built just right will result in juice spilling out the air slots like a open spigot. Not saying you can't, some work quite well, but a full size deck on a tank design forgiving of wicking "errors" seems like a better first experience. I guess the same can be said for ah, other activities too.
Totally agree i just found it nice they gave the option in the box itself,didn't know the one in the beast tank was smaller :p Still like the tank overall though.

Reactions: Eskie

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Don't have a Serpent SMM but I can tell by videos its a loud one, for that reason only I don't want one. Enough jets fly over my house I don't need one more in the house lol. Could just be the airflow setting they use but I hate tanks that 3/4 of the setting whistle or sound like a mini turbine engine. As for the Serpent Mini it needs a different drip tip or the flavour gets muted by the wide bore, the Alto looks like the best option of the 3 to me unless you want 3mm exotic coils.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread