First thing in the morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

squee

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Central CT
I found 2 flavors that i like so far for morning and afternoon vaping - banana nut bread and caramel cappuccino (from Gingers) and when I reordered those I got them in 24 mg. But I also like variety, so I've ordered some maple french toast (from Virgin) that is currently steeping - I can't wait to try it!

I'm now truly inhaling my breakfast :p

BecknCO

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2013
Denver, CO
I've been at this just under 2 weeks, but a straight up coffee flavor at 24mg is what has been working okay for me. Since you said you vape mostly coffee flavors, I'm sure you've tried this. I agree with you that it's hard to do the too sweet stuff early. That's been my biggest struggle is finding flavors that aren't too sweet or don't taste too much like burnt popcorn.

Leglessshane

Verified Member
I had the same problem. I would wake up and be like "I need a cig". So, I went to my "local" vape shop (which is over an hour away) and talked to them. They recommended me up my nicotine, I was vaping on 20 mg and moved up to 30 mg. Ever since then, I have NOT picked up a cig or even craved one.

Amraann

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2011
Florida
Okay, I have given up the stinkies & started vaping...mostly a pleasure. But I have a hard time first thing in the morning. I used to get up & SMOKE. Yucky, but true - at least 3 right after each other with my first cup of coffee. I can't seem to get the same feeling with vaping. Any suggestions for that start-the-day-off-right (or wrong) liquid? It is partly nic, which I can fix -but it is also flavour. The sweet ones taste weird at that time of day, the tobacco flavours taste gross...
Please, don't suggest anything menthol - I buy orange flavoured toothpaste because I dislike mint.
I know that others have gone through this. What works for you?

I dislike mint too. I have not read all the replies but if it has not been suggested yet... Up the nic in your morning vape and maybe try a coffee/ vanilla or mocha type flavor?

RubyRuby

ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
British Columbia, Canada
I've been at this just under 2 weeks, but a straight up coffee flavor at 24mg is what has been working okay for me. Since you said you vape mostly coffee flavors, I'm sure you've tried this. I agree with you that it's hard to do the too sweet stuff early. That's been my biggest struggle is finding flavors that aren't too sweet or don't taste too much like burnt popcorn.
I had terrible trouble with the burnt popcorn thing too - until just very recently. I'm not sure if it my tastebuds have finally healed, or if the change in my vape gear has made the difference, but it is FINALLY a thing of the past.

Meggiewegs

Nov 18, 2013
California
Anything with a good throat hit is enough for me. But since vaping isn't as "effective" for that instant satisfaction, it's hard. Mornings are busy around here, so I don't get to sit and puff for like 15 minutes to get the same satisfaction as smoking. It's more a lifestyle adjustment, though. Old habits still die hard. But still a million times more worth it.

Ruby_Red_Shoes

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 29, 2012
Cleveland OH
Okay, I have given up the stinkies & started vaping...mostly a pleasure. But I have a hard time first thing in the morning. I used to get up & SMOKE. Yucky, but true - at least 3 right after each other with my first cup of coffee. I can't seem to get the same feeling with vaping. Any suggestions for that start-the-day-off-right (or wrong) liquid? It is partly nic, which I can fix -but it is also flavour. The sweet ones taste weird at that time of day, the tobacco flavours taste gross...
Please, don't suggest anything menthol - I buy orange flavoured toothpaste because I dislike mint.
I know that others have gone through this. What works for you?

Hi RubyRuby - Know just what you're going through - Those were the freaking hardest ones for me to chuck - I started by limiting myself to two stinkies with my morning coffee - once those were done I picked up my stick - I like vanilla creamer in my coffee so I was used to a bit of sweetness in that area and found that the caramelly-butterscotchy flavors went well while I finished up the rest of my coffee (and I only drink coffee in the am - got off the pm caffeine quite a while ago) - Did that for a few weeks then backed it down to just one and that 'one' was really tasting like dogdoo so I'd have a few puffs, put it out and pick up the gear - That lasted about two weeks and never get through a whole stinky - Hubby would finish the butts! lol This week I am working on breaking the 'wooby' of having a stinky in my purse (would bring just one with me to work but just left it there - now not bringing any at all!) - I suppose the hardest part will be finding a taste you like to go with your coffee - Maybe changing up your coffee will help? I enjoy fruity flavors throughout the day but not first thing in the am - Good luck!

patkin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 6, 2012
Arizona USA
I would never had made it without my strong TH, high nic, tobacco flavor. My brain will not accept a food taste as smoking nor a smoke taste as breakfast. The first tobacco flavors I tried from two different vendors left me thinking "They have GOT to be kidding... how bad can something taste!" But then I kept reading what tobacco flavor members were saying and took the plunge on a tobacco flavor from another vendor. I am so glad I did. Now I know that tobacco mixing is a skill acquired by really expert mixologists and most vendors selling pages of food flavors don't do them well. Anyway, ditched those morning smokes and I owe that to my fav tobacco flavor vendor.

Last edited:

Sewage

ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2013
Texas
Used to be big time on my morning smoke too, so I know exactly how you feel. But not to worry, I'm assuming you just started vaping? If so, your still going through analog withdraw but it should be long gone in a few days. And once it is if not already, vaping in the morning will start to feel just as great if not better :) I used to wake up and grab my vape right off the dresser drawer next to my bed pop in a freshly charged 18650 and I was ready to go. I've learned it's much better to wake up a little more than just to hop out of bed and take a vape, so wake up grab a cup of joe, put on Jerry Springer, and go grab your vape. Take a drag and relax. It'll feel awesome. My first morning vapes are still the best vs my all day ones.

Last edited:
Looks like I am not alone in my morning coffee ritual. I found this is what I miss the most about the stinkys. I used to put my coffee on and go outside (never smoked in the house) and have my first smoke of the day while I waited for my coffee to brew. By the time I was finished with the smoke, my first cup was ready. Now I find I put my coffee on, and vape at the pot while I am brewing. Works good and I get enough nicotine into my system to start the day. Same as most, don't like sweet in the AM and I have always drank my coffee black. I am the same way about my juice and don't like flavor in the AM. I use a stragiht tobacco flavor, seems to do alright. Anyway, as I dribble on, I am going to go back to my kerig machine and leave the "stinkys" behind. Hope this helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread