First time DIY- Twinkies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road King

ECF Veteran
So today I got all my stuff in from MFS & got right to it. I had a couple of simple recipes at the top of my list for my first time, being that I'm just starting to build up a flavor collection, so Twinkies is my first. I got the recipe off of Kritkal Mass & am told it was posted simply by an "Arnie". Well Arnie, I couldn't be happier with how it turned out. I only wish I would have made more than the 30 ml batch, but I want to now let it steep for a week & see what happens. It's not EXACTLY "spot-on" as far as tasting like the snack cake, but it's pretty close, which is very good. If it turns out it gets even better next week when I come back to it, I'll be beside myself!

5% Yellow Cake (FW)
5% Vanilla Cupcake (TFA)
4% Bavarian Cream (TFA)
4% Sweet Cream (TFA)
5% Sweetener (TFA)

Also- I made it at 70VG/30PG using ejuicemeup's calculator, but it seems thicker than all my 80/20 commercial juices I have?

Road King

ECF Veteran
UPDATE-

So it's been sitting a week now since I made it. I had vaped a quick tank (shake & vape) last Thursday (when I made it), but since then I've had it in the cupboard. This morning I was getting up early to make another 90 ml of it & also a 30 ml batch of a clone of Suicide Bunny's OB, so I filled up on a tank of the Twinkies. Nothing much (if anything) has changed. It was a good when it was fresh & a week later it's just as good.

Just thought I would report on it, as I like to hear the same kind of info on recipes I'm thinking of making myself.

Reactions: xdragonx917

Road King

ECF Veteran
Ssounds good, I may have to give the recipe a try.

You shouldn't be disappointed. I should however, point out, I tend to get vapor's tongue a lot, so the flavor percentages are up there. I also like a nice, thick 80 VG or better juice, so I tend to stay higher on the flavor while using little-to-no PG. You may want to back things down .5-1 % each or so.
That said, I really like this juice.

Road King

ECF Veteran
2 Week update-

It's now been two weeks since I first made the Twinkies. We broke it out again last night & my buddy & I each vaped a about 3ml. It is very, very good, as good as most anything I've ever bought. It's gotten darker now over the last 14 days, but is still relatively light-colored. The smell makes you want to just drink it. I don't see this one not being in my rotation for a long time. It will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth. My bud wanted bad to get into the 90 ml batch I made 7 days ago, but I'm going to try & resist at least another week (preferably two). To Arnie, the guy that originally posted this recipe, my hat's off to you.

Reactions: Kenna

b.m.

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 30, 2014
Ohio
Arnie has alot of very good recipes.He used to post here quite a bit,but i haven't seen him here in quite a while.If you search his name here in the recipe section though,you will find a thread he started where he linked to a site with all his recipes,there are probably 100 or more of his on the site he links to.I've tried several of them and never been disappointed.

Reactions: Road King

Road King

ECF Veteran
Arnie has alot of very good recipes.He used to post here quite a bit,but i haven't seen him here in quite a while.If you search his name here in the recipe section though,you will find a thread he started where he linked to a site with all his recipes,there are probably 100 or more of his on the site he links to.I've tried several of them and never been disappointed.

Yeah, I found a site that has 215 of his recipes on it, so this won't be the only one I try.
I have ingredients on the way for two more coming up.

Reactions: idahohermit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread