Not open for further replies.

wheelie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2014
Ont. Canada
www.independentont.com
I smoked 42 years so what's a little machine oil in my lungs. I am usually to excited and build and vape with no washing. But I do wash all my fruits and vegetables from the grocery store as I don't know who touched them. Go figure. That's my little pea sized brain not hard at work. LOL CHEERS!

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
When you get a new rebuildable, do you break it all down and wash it before you build on it?

Looking to try and build for the first time on a Siren GTA, took it out of the box, unscrewed it, looked at it and thought, am I supposed to wash this first?
Always Wash with detergent abd water to remove any machine oil. Dawn dish detergent is best.

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
I have never washed any of my tanks but I do check with my fingers and smell it to see if it has machine oil residue. Maybe not a 100% accurate way but I am familiar with the smell of oils. But also I never buy clones so the quality of authentic allows for the manufacturer to clean the components. Just my opinion and I have not had my new rda/RTA/RDTA's tested for residual machine oil.

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
I have never washed any of my tanks but I do check with my fingers and smell it to see if it has machine oil residue. Maybe not a 100% accurate way but I am familiar with the smell of oils. But also I never buy clones so the quality of authentic allows for the manufacturer to clean the components. Just my opinion and I have not had my new RDA/RTA/RDTA's tested for residual machine oil.
My authentic Lemo 2 stank of machine oil.

My little Kayfun clone from FT didn't. All i had to do was rinse it out

Authentic attys are not the Panacea many people think.

Riplea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2010
IL
Guess it all depends on how much of a hand wringer you wanna be. I've never washed a single new atty and haven't grown a third nose yet.

Good luck with Siren! Hope it's not a 25. Mine found it's way to the trash as soon as it started falling apart.

It's the 22, seems to have a fan club and I have highs hopes for it I gave it the dawn washing once over....just waiting on my other build stuff to get here.

Thanks all.

Reactions: Foggy Road

SteveS45

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2016
Long Island, New York
My authentic Lemo 2 stank of machine oil.

My little Kayfun clone from FT didn't. All i had to do was rinse it out

Authentic attys are not the Panacea many people think.

This is why I always give them a sniff and so far never had one with machine oil but I have heard from many that the clones they bought had it. Also one friend bought what he thought was authentic and had machine oil and it turned out to be a fake. Not knocking clones but I go for the authentic products.

Reactions: 2GLR

Foggy Road

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 22, 2015
Garland,TX
It's the 22, seems to have a fan club and I have highs hopes for it I gave it the dawn washing once over....just waiting on my other build stuff to get here.

Thanks all.
That's good! The 25 has a poor design due to the glass coil chamber. It just comes apart in the middle! Great vape!!!!! Until your wearing your juice. 22 is good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread