First time user, need help buying a kit

Status
Not open for further replies.

nshunz

Oct 17, 2015
Hi,

I have been a pack a day smoker for over 10 years and have tried everything to quit smoking without any success. This time I want to give eCigs a shot.

I need your help finding the right hardware. Since it is my first time I prefer buying a kit rather than individual parts.

This is what I've been thinking of getting, please let me know if it is good enough.

hXXp://www[DOT]vapingkings[DOT]com/kits/basic-kits/max-kit-basic.html

URL again, www[DOT]vapingkings[DOT]com/kits/basic-kits/max-kit-basic.html

It includes,
1 KangerTech Battery (650mAh)
1 Aspire tank (BVC Clearomizer CE5) 1.8ohm & 1.8ml capacity
1 Replacement coil for your Clearomizer
1 USB charger
1 Carry Case
1 10ml e-juice of your choice.

Thanks.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Just looking at the list if you're paying over 25 dollars it's probably not a good deal. I started on the same OLD technology. It wasn't until I got an Aspire Nautilus Mini tank ($25) on a mod battery (I started with the iStick 50W) that I knew I had the cigs gone.

There are 3 main issues to successfully switching from cigs to vape. 1. The proper nicotine level. (I smoked 2 packs a day of lights and started at 12 mg) 2. A juice flavor you will enjoy. (go to a local vape store and sample the flavors, even though everything will be less expensive online) 3. Decent worry free vape gear. You can quit on the gear you described, but the first time you want to vape and the puny 650 mah battery is on charge you'll reach for a cig or go buy another overpriced cheap battery like I did).

I second the 30 w iStick (or 40 w iStick, Coolfire IV) or better mod (battery). You will want a minimum of 30 watts for the mod in most cases. At one time I had 5 of the Aspire Nautilus Mini, they are great tanks. For someone switching from cigs to vape the Nautilus is about as close to the draw on a real cig as you can get. You will also need spare coils for this tank.

I noticed Vapingkings is in India, I would look at Fasttech in china for gear.

niczgreat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
Chino California
The kit you are looking at is very inadequate. If you buy it then you'll be throwing it away and upgrading within a month. I started with that kind of kit and it was a pure waste of money.

I agree with the above posters, a more powerful Mod with better Tank will increase your chances of quitting the stinkies.

Since you are just beginning and want to avoid making battery and charger decisions is the MVP3 Pro or the Joyetech Evic VT. Both are offered in kits including the tank for under $70.00. MV# Pro is the easiest to use of the two. I taught a Granny to use the MVP1 in less then 3 minutes.
I believe the Isticks have the batteries built in so they are also viable options.

Look at a Tobeco Super Tank Mini. to pair with it and I think you'll be a happy camper.

If you go to youtube you can enter the models you are interested in and see reviews.

Last edited:
Reactions: Baditude

travis b

Oct 27, 2015
I'm a young man but I've smoked cigarettes over half of my life tried patches gum the cheap gas station ecigs all to no avail. that is until I decided to step up my budget and spring for a decent mod and tank I'm very rough on my things at 22 years old I'm on my 35th cell phone. I purchased an istick 50w and a kangertech subtank mini 2 months ago and within a week the thought of a cigarette disgusted me. on top of that you can buy a plastic replacement for the Pyrex glass so no fear of breaking :) hope the info helps cheers

haleysdadda

Ultra Member
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2015
Santee,San Diego
i started with an ego battery and a cartomiser and moved up to a aero tank. decent vape expierence. then i bought a sigeli 30w box and a subtank mini what a difference! for me the cheap way in was a costly learning expierence. wish i would have started with a sub-ohm tank to begin with. tanks are everywhere now. look to you tube for advice also. don't be afraid to ask questions in your local vape shop. i've found them to be helpful. since feb. i've gone from ego's & cartomisers to an ipv4s & doing my own nickle builds it's become a hobby as well as a lifestyle. to quote RipTripper "smoking is dead & vaping is the future".

Esoterica

Oct 31, 2015
Atlanta, GA
definitely get extra coils! your kit looks good but possibly get, as suggested, a "pass through" (being able to vape while charging) does help NOT to grab that tobacco. I have the eleaf iJUST2 ($39) specifically for that reason and am very happy with it. I smoked 15 - 20 cigs a day and have been fine with just 3mg of nic. Also as I'm learning getting good juice will make you very happy so try a sampler pack. Flavors I thought I'd hate I actually loved & visa versa. There are so many variables that effect your experience I feel there's a learning/experience curve. Good luck & ENJOY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread