First time using unregulated device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chester R Bridgewater

Mar 31, 2017
I might be in the wrong section and I'll point that out first. I have a Noisy Cricket 2 and brand new Samsung 25R batteries that are in the charger. Just to point out, I haven't put batteries in the device or fired it up yet. What I have on my Tsunami is a .19 ohm dual coil build (just simple wraps, nothing fancy) with 22 ga nichrome.

Since I am new to this, I wanted to ask questions. Also, I'm not planning on firing it up, until things are straight in my head. I take it that I want this with the batteries in parallel. If I'm wrong, I have no problems with any of this. If anyone could point me in the best direction for using an unregulated device, that would be fantastic. Like I said, I'm not going to fire the device until I'm clear on everything. I figured that this was the best and safest way to go.

Many thanks!

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
20170303053708837.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Bad Ninja

Verb

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2014
Eastern, PA, USA
Yes, you want it in parallel for a .19ohm build. Parallel halves the load on each cell. So, each cell is only being tapped for 11A. Series doubles the voltage, but each cell gets the full load. Many folks add 10% to their amp calculation when using multiple cell mechs due to the chance that the batteries can become unbalanced and one cell will be driven harder than the other.

I think the NC2 is not a pure mech and has some protection. Read the manufactuerer's documentation to be sure.

Chester R Bridgewater

Mar 31, 2017
I just built a 1.02 ohm single coil for my first try. After doing ohm's law, I realized that, in parallel, I would be using about 4 amps, which is well within the 20 amp limit. It was lackluster, so I switched to series, which is using 8.2 amps. In series, a one ohm build is actually nice. I turned the voltage pot on the side all the way up and I'm enjoying it.

There are built in safetys. I'm just trying to be cautious at first.

Thanks!

Reactions: BackDoc

daviedog

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
Florida
I tried it in direct output (white light) and 1 ohm using series isn't a tolerable vape. When I switch to the red mode in series, 1 ohm is fantastic. I just built a .5 ohm dual coil that I'm going to try in parallel.
Hi voltage chasing hi resistance in series.
So old school, yet so good.
Your #s are similar to mine, fun mod eh?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread