First time vape kit user. How do you clean tank for new flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HauntedMyst

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 18, 2013
Chicago
Just take the tank off the mod and rinse it with warm water. Then reattach it and burn the water off the wick with a few button hits. The refill with the new liquid. It will taste a little muted at first but it wont be long before the new flavor is dominant. If you plan on vaping the same old flavor, just put a new coil in for the new juice and save the old one.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
A few ways to approach it. If the flavors are quite similar, you can simply remove any remaining juice with a long blunt tip needle and syringe. Put in your new juice, and it will taste a bit blended it will "change over" to the new juice. Second is disassemble the tank, remove the coil from the bottom and place to the side, rinse and dry everything, wipe the coil off, reassemble and fill. The coil will still have a crossover taste from the prior juice for at least several draws.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I usually run similar profiles in my tanks. So, no need to rinse. If it's something totally different it's worth your time to rinse out your tank, and at least wipe down your coil, if you are worried about rinsing the coil. That should help the new flavor become dominant more quickly.

Anna

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I always disassemble my tank and remove the orings and clean well in warm water making sure to dry all pieces prior to putting them back together - i put in a new coil for a new flavor. Make sure you lube up your well rinsed and dried orings with your new e juice, or just straight vg, whatever you have on hand.

The only time I wouldn't do that is when I'm using similar or complimentary flavors and don't care about mixing them, such as apple pie and cinnamon roll.

If the flavors are extremely strong (such as tobacco or menthol) and im going to a dissimilar flavor I will use dawn dish soap on the tank and metal parts making certain to rinse EXTREMELY well and change out to new orings and new coil prior to adding new juice..

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Most of my flavors will blend, so not an issue. I have only been using rtas lately so all I do is empty tank and change wick. Maybe try the rba for your BBB. That is the only way I've used mine. Superior flavor IMO. Will your local shop teach you install coils? I was surprised at how easy it actually is. Wicking does have a bit of a learning curve. Once you have that licked you are a pretty self sufficient vaper.

RainSong

An adult who likes flavors.
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2016
Tempe, Arizona, United States
Similar flavors profiles I just add right in. Completely different flavor I rewick, which would be like changing the coil. I do recommend that you get yourself at least another setup, this allows for different flavors or nic strengths and gives you a safety net in the case of technical difficulties.

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
When new I do a complete disassembly and wash with HOT water and dish soap. If oil is present I may use stronger cleaner..... between flavors.... I MIGHT rinse the tank......
I usually wash with HOT water and dish soap when coil is replaced.... I usually rinse at rewick.

I don't always clean anything between flavors. It not always required or desired....

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
I would recommend a second tank =)..

But what people are saying above is good information. Similar flavor profiles can crossover and you will fade out the old flavor for the new one. There are certain situations where things won't work too well.

If you were vaping on a menthol flavor, you will forever get menthol or at least a hint of it until you discard that coil,

Strong dominant flavors will forever be present in the coil. My experience tells me that cinnamon, chocolate and coffee flavors will forever be tasted no matter what other juice you swap out.

Crossing over from dessert flavors to refreshing fruit flavors generally do not work.

With that being said, I have made certain flavor changes work. I once was vaping a chocolate donut flavor and changed over to a caramel macchiato flavor and I got a chocolate caramel coffee type flavor. But I couldn't go from a coffee to a sour belts. Yuck..

T0mmy1977

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 1, 2015
    I take the tank completely apart. If it's a sub ohm tank, I wipe the coil head down with a paper towel and blow from the bottom of the coil into the paper towel to remove any excess buildup of juice. I set the coil aside. I fill one of those Glad plastic bowls with warm water and add a little amount of Dawn dish detergent. Don't go overboard with the dish liquid. I let it soak for about 6 hours. I remove each part and rinse them under warm water. This is to remove any dish detergent. Beware of o-rings. Make sure when dumping the bowl of water down the sink there are no o-rings in the bowl of water. This method insures there is no after taste of the previous e-liquid's flavor left over. If re-using a sub ohm tank coil there will obviously be the taste of the old liquid until you take a few vapes and your new e-liquid has saturated the coil head.

ScottP

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Apr 9, 2013
    Houston, TX
    You can clean and to some degree revive coil heads by soaking them in a high proof grain alcohol like Everclear for a couple of hours, then rinsing with water, pat it dry as possible and then set aside to dry completely.

If you don't mind a little mixing of flavor you can just rinse the tank and refill and not worry about the coil. The mix taste should go away semi-quickly unless the first flavor was really strong.

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jun 13, 2013
    Alabama Gulf Coast
    www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
    I just pour in the new liquid. I don't even wipe out the tank. I've stumbled across some interesting flavor combos that way. Mocha and non citrus fruit tastes surprisingly good.
    Same here unless the coil head is shot (or the RBA head needs a new wick). I've even come up with a new recipe or three that way.

T0mmy1977

ECF Veteran
  • Mar 1, 2015
    You can clean and to some degree revive coil heads by soaking them in a high proof grain alcohol like Everclear for a couple of hours, then rinsing with water, pat it dry as possible and then set aside to dry completely.

If you don't mind a little mixing of flavor you can just rinse the tank and refill and not worry about the coil. The mix taste should go away semi-quickly unless the first flavor was really strong.
    There is still some degradation of performance, correct? I like the idea. 2 pack of Uwell Valyrian coils are $10!

mcclintock

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
  • Oct 28, 2014
    If I'm not changing the coil I might empty out the tank but won't rinse. I don't rinse with water unless I have 12+ hours to dry and don't rinse coil units, plus I use filtered water and a final rinse with distilled water or PG or unflavored juice. Lately, as a DIY juice maker, I'm tending to rinse bottles and tanks with a little PG, immediately ready to go.

Reactions: stols001
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread