Status
Not open for further replies.

Midniteoyl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2014
Indiana
Any advice on how to get the cotton through the coil? Im having a hard time.

If its going in hard, use a little thinner piece. You want it to just drag the coil without actually dragging on it. Mine go in and I pull it through until the coil barely moves, then pull it back out a touch to recenter the coil and call it done. Trim it and go.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I do use the 5/64 to rebuild Kangers. 10 wraps will give you 1.7 ohms and you should torch the coil in a pair of tweezers to compress it before dropping it into the bottom part of the coil. This is a 10 wrap, place a finger on top of the coil and toothpick while you get your insulator and post in place. Cut off the leads before pulling the toothpick and everything will stay pretty much in place. I give the tails a little tug when placing the insulator and post to keep it nice and tight and avoid shorts.

kanger.jpg

Last edited:

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Im not getting good hits from my cools. They are coming out to 2ohms. It works at first then I get liquid coming through the mouthpiece. My coils arent as tight as they should be.

You may not have enough cotton - did you replace the flavor wick too, or did you just wick the coil? The coil spacing or tightness shouldn't be a problem, unless you don't have enough wicking.

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
Try adding a bit for the flavor wick on top - that should stop the excess from leaking. Also, torching the coil isn't completely necessary but if you do, hold one of the legs with the tweezers, then torch it. Then with another set, pinch the coils together. What' happening is that the tweezers are absorbing all the heat and it's not getting to the coil.

schapiro72

Jun 20, 2014
Buffalo,NY,USA
I am wetting the wick before the first hit. i dont get the coils to glow when I torch it with a lighter but a previous post solved that. THe coils do glow when I press the button. I think my problem is two fold. First I think Im using too much cotton. I have to pull it very hard to get through the coil. Second, I think I had my voltage set too low. I was having a problem with the stock coils as well until I upped the voltage. I was getting a little juice through the mouthpiece.

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Getting frustrated. Its working but not getting a good hit. Ive tried everything.

Not saying I do it perfect but I made a two part tutorial on how I rebuild Kanger duals into a single, click on the blue "2" next to blog entries under my avatar. Maybe it will give you some ideas...

Here's a sneak peak...
wicked coil.jpg

pinched cotton.JPG

pinched wire.JPG

Fluffy wick.JPG

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread