15ml
0.5 ml 100 mg/ml mix base pg
7ml vg
5ml pg
.5ml lychee
.5ml mango
.5ml juicy peach
.5ml sweet cream

All flavors are Capella. I used twenty drops of each flavor. Graduated cylinder was just over 15ml. After shaking and dripping, it was bland. I have two bottles in a hot bath now. Any recommendations?

Frenchfry1942

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 12, 2014
Pardon the question, but what is 20 drops equal to? I have syringe that goes to the 1/10 of a ml, so I haven't used drops.

I have no idea what Lychee is either. I just have the flavors for the 10ish recipes that I just downloaded. None of them have Lychee, so I have not ordered it yet.

Last edited:

icharus29

ECF Veteran
Feb 2, 2015
Tampa, FL
Pardon the question, but what is 20 drops equal to? I have syringe that goes to the 1/10 of a 3ml, so I haven't used drops.

I have no idea what Lychee is either. I just have the flavors for the 10ish recipes that I just downloaded. None of them have Lychee, so I have not ordered it yet.

Lychee is a fruit. Tastes sweet.
I just counted out 20 drops of each flavor. The finished product was right at 15ml.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
If it were me I think I would have added something in there with a contrasting flavour to perk it up as it seems to me that the things you have there all belong to the same taste family.

Menthol, cinnamon, ginger, mint?????

Anyway - well done you, you've made your first and it was vapeable - not one that had to go straight down the drain.

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Lychee is a fruit. Tastes sweet.
I just counted out 20 drops of each flavor. The finished product was right at 15ml.

Whereas your recipe only totals 14.5ml.
I'd guess that would make those Cap dripper bottles just under 40 drops/ml.
But... room temp will affect the drop size.
That's why you need several test runs into a small syringe. You get a feel for the drop size and can better guess the total amount in the future.
I do it with my FA bottles, but it's really quite a quick and dirty method. Works in a pinch.

Your amounts (at around 3%) sound more like FA percentages, not Cap or TFA/TPA. But you do have three main fruits so that may not be a problem.

But you should give each a proper taste to see if one is much stronger or weaker and adjust from there. I did eyeball a complex fruit smoothie a while back, so it can be done. But I was aware of how strong I felt each flavoring was. I lack the "chef" gene, so I'll call it luck. :p

The dairy makes it a bit less shake & vape, but still... you can add minute amounts of a flavor you feel is muted and see if it starts to pop.

None the less, I agree... well done. If it's vapable, that's a win. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: Yiana

Jim_ MDP

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 24, 2015
Menthol, cinnamon, ginger, mint?????

Coconut maybe?
I got on a run not long ago with that and mango etc.
The (tropical?) Lychee may make that combo workable.
I've never had that, or dragonfruit IRL myself. Don't know what they taste like.

So many flavorings... so little time. :p

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Way to go! Mixing your first recipe is always an accomplishment, and it's fun. And, you made something you can vape...rather than paying someone else for it. :)

You said have 2 bottles of your mix. Are those 2 smaller bottles that each hold 1/2 of what you made? Or did you make 2 bottles that were 14.5mL each?

Reason I ask is...if they each hold 1/2 of what you made (approx. 7.3mL)...you could try "tweaking" that small amount, to better suit your taste, if you wanted to. Maybe choose 1 fruit flavor of the 3, that you'd like to taste more prominently, and add just 1 drop of that to the little bottle. Shake it like crazy and then vape test a drop or 2 to see if it changed to your liking. Decide how it is then, and go from there. Either it's better then, or you could continue tweaking it. If you get too much of a fruit flavor in it, you can use your sweet cream to tone it down a bit. I saved a mix that was a tad too "fruity" to my taste that way.

In any event, again, way to go and have fun with it! :thumbs:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread