First VW mods on the way..recommend me a RDA

Status
Not open for further replies.

samcm010

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 4, 2013
Ashburn Virginia USA
I dont have one but have you looked into a REO. Everybody says it is a great on the road mod that is a bottom feeding dripper. I just havent pulled the trigger as I dont like the looks and price. I have a Richman Hybrid and it is the closest thing I have in a tank flavor wise to dripping. Richman does sell just the tank but he is closed right now.

ch1naski

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Well, I found an IGO-W close by, 20 dollars. Grabbed that and some 30g kanthal along some silica wick (almost bought a roll of ekowool). Wrapped my first coil. 1.4 ohms. Set the wattage to 14.5 and.....puff puff.
Not as flavorful as I'd hoped....I probably have uneven heating going on...and probably need bigger air holes..

But, it give humongous draws. :thumbup:

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
And also check to see if the RDA comes with a gold Hello Kitty skeleton key. ;)

I've been using a PT and a vvnova, but recently mostly carto tanks.

Have not been completely satisfied with any of them. I'm searching for that seemingly elusive "perfect vapor hit", on EVERY puff. Being a former 30 year clove smoker, my throat-hit needs are a bit more demanding than most others'.

The only issue I will have is on the road vaping. Dripping and driving is probably not a good idea, so next on my list is finding an tank atty that can come close to dripping, performance-wise.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Aurora BFT, whenever they get back in stock...or the surge tank if it is in your budget..

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
Thanks, I have heard about the REO , but haven't actually checked it out. Will now, though. :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

I've been chasing my perfect vape for some time. Got my first Reo yesterday and I don't have to look any further. Love this more than any other setup I have.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

rabernet

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2011
Buford, GA
Aurora BFT, whenever they get back in stock...or the surge tank if it is in your budget..

I got an Aurora BFT. It wasn't that great for me, and I hated fiddling with it. Promptly sold it to one of the guys at my B&M who wanted to try it.

ch1naski

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Los Angeles, CA, USA
I've been chasing my perfect vape for some time. Got my first Reo yesterday and I don't have to look any further. Love this more than any other setup I have.

Maybe I'm confused, but isn't the REO rda modified to work on their bottom feeder mods?

Curt.

gotch23

ECF Veteran
Jan 27, 2011
Fukuoka, Japan
i have the igo-w. For the price you can't go wrong with it.
Easy to build... plenty of space... 3 posts for dual coils.
However it needs bigger airholes imo. You can get the igo
already drilled out to your liking at some shops... or diy.

I also have the trident v2 (original). Build quality is much nicer,
it hits harder (possibly due to copper firing pin), has ajustable
air-flow control and is even easier to rebuid with the slots.

I also have a Reo and Reomizer 2.0.
Correct... the Reomizer only works with bottom feeders. But then it is a thing of beauty.
It performs just like a dripper... without the hassle. The taste is fantastic... maybe something
to do with the ceramic bottom.
Airflow is in the standard configuration imho optimized for mouth-inhales... Great combination of flavor,
throat hit and amount of vapor. If you like lung-inhales you can order the Reomizer with a bigger hole/holes.

So i'd say... get a cheap dripper like an IGO or Trident-clone... If you love it, then get a Reo + Reomizer.

VaPreis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 5, 2013
St. Louis, MO
Fasttech shows the igo-l as dual coil even tho it has only two posts, which means I'd have to wrap each close to 3 ohms to keep above 1.2 ohms.

Right ? Unless I go with single coil?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

The dual coils that came on Igo-L clone I just received are done in parallel and ohmed out at 1.8 ohms. It vapes great out of the box, but it isn't done quite right, because there is only a single air hole, when each coil should have it's own. I love the draw on it without having drilled the air hole, so I'm going to redo it today with a single coil and see how it performs. I expect I'll be equally satisfied with it seeing as the 2nd coil wasn't getting proper air flow anyway and tended to get gunked up faster.

For the low entry price, I'm totally satisfied with how the Igo is performing. The clone even came with a nice drip tip, two more pre-wrapped coils/wicks, and some extra o-rings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread