first week with the 306LR w/Ego XL and 510 batts(auto)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kahuna

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
San Francisco
After removing weird brown primer liquid with a balloon, it took about an hour to break it in. Used 80/20 VG/PG unflavored 0 nic, to know when I got that primer taste out and see real vapor production.

The good:
- I got huge clouds.
- Airflow is better than my 510LR
- Using a few flavors that I thought were dead (strictlyejuice hooka apple, VB Mango, etc), their flavors came through nicely.

The bad:
- The atty gets hot. Being so close to the mouthpiece makes for a uncomfortable long term vape.
- Carts only hold about 8-9 drops.
- understandably eat up 510 batts. 650mAH egos last 20-35 mins less. EgoXL last relatively as much.

The Ugly:
- The carts are a PAIN to fill without a fill tool or pipette. I need to hold a penlight in my mouth to see the square reservoir in that deep cart. And even then with 4 side channels for inhaling, it's too damn easy to drip into them and get a mouthful of juice.
- They leak like crazy with the poly fill. i had replace it with blue foam and used slightly more than I would for my 510 to make a tighter plug since leaking is so problematic with it's cart design.

Overall I love the LR atty, great clouds and good flavor; I just wish the carts didn't suck.

I haven't found a drip tip for them yet but I figure I'll carve out the little partition behind the rubber mouthpiece since there is no reservoir with the cap that came with the atty.

doots

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2009
safe-list.com
I drip with the 306's only and don't find too much an issue with leaking.
I do use the reg 306's, not the LR ones.
They do get hotter IMO than 510 attys.
I drill out the little center part in the mouthpiece cover and just drip with them.
They have an outer little snap off piece with the hole in it and then just below that there is some kind of center piece that I drill through and it makes for a good dripper without having to buy a drip tip for them. Works good..

I think I do prefer the 510s over the 306s.

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nhaler.com has the drip tips for the 306 and they make the atty to me!

I've used the same LR306 from him for over a month and a half.... No leaks and works like it did on day one!

The attys do get hot and produce a nice warm vapor but are best for dripping IMHO. The drip tips seem to absorb the heat better than the cart.

I tried the standard 306 awhile back and it was okay but the LR/drip tip combo....blows it away!

Drozd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2009
NW Ohio
whats the resistance of a 306?

same as a 510 maybe slightly higher... 2.2Ω with a tolerance of +/- .3Ω ....

all the regular ones I have meter in at 2.4 -2.5Ω....really the only real difference between them and a 510 is:
exposed bridge...
slightly bigger bridge...
smaller resevoir and really none of the mesh surounding the pot so it doesnt hold flavors nearly as long when switching flavors
shorter overall length..

but vapor production is the same...threading is the same as the 510

the LR306 are the same as the LR510..... 1.5Ω

Last edited:

piratecaptainbob

ECF Veteran
Jun 5, 2010
north carolina
same as a 510 maybe slightly higher... 2.2Ω with a tolerance of +/- .3Ω ....

all the regular ones I have meter in at 2.4 -2.5Ω....really the only real difference between them and a 510 is:
exposed bridge...
slightly bigger bridge...
smaller resevoir and really none of the mesh surounding the pot so it doesnt hold flavors nearly as long when switching flavors
shorter overall length..

but vapor production is the same...threading is the same as the 510

the LR306 are the same as the LR510..... 1.5Ω

cool thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread