Status
Not open for further replies.

Mazinny

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
NY
IF I were you I wouldn't embark on that. Unless you want to be slapped with a lawsuit (5P seems to be a tad on the litigious side) and / or have *recorded* those conversations.

At the very least, be supped to a deposition, and having been supped to 1 myself it is clearly NOT how I ever want to spend my day again. :) (i had nothing to do with the lawsuit, etc.)

As willyzee points out, the *parsing* of words becomes eminently important, as the difference between "Dap Free" and "we don't ADD any DAP" becomes a real CF is you know what I mean.

They will have their day in court.

Once litigation was brought, I just failed to see the usefulness of "trying them" here on the forum. That was game before the litigation, once a lawsuit is brought my gut feeling is to tell anyone I remotely care about to STEER CLEAR.

I dont' mind "generalizing" about vaping companies in general, i.e.who i think are drawn to the vaping industry to just make big $$$, (which is sort of like cashing in on desperate people), or the ones that won't make an investment back into the business to help vapers in some way (like providing testing so their consumers can make choices) , or about all the "venture capitalists" who have entered (and it wouldn't matter to them if it was vaping or paper towels or flavored water or some high tech endeavor).....its all about branding and hype for those sorts.............but nbody here REALLY knows enough about the back end of any business down to the exact details of every little thing.

All those things will eventually surface, but it will indeed, be years. Who knows what the industry will even look like by that time.

Not to mention, in most cases, a few large checks exchange hands, quietly and without much fanfare, and everyone gets back to whatever. (they learned well from the insurance companies :lol: )
I didn't mean i was going to divulge the contents of the private conversation i had with Gavin Tucker, just a timeline of the pertinent facts that lead to this lawsuit, but nonetheless point well taken.

I called 5P after i heard about Vaporshark publishing test results for the vendors they carried. I was hoping that 5P was one of the vendors they carried, since it was the only vendor i bought from that i wasn't sure about, as far as their claims re DA/Ap. When i found out Vaporshark doesn't carry 5P, i called 5P directly. The customer service rep told me that there is no DA/AP in their juice. I asked if they have done tests to confirm, and i was told that they cannot respond to that question. When i asked who could, i was told Gavin Tucker and my call was forwarded to his voice mail. I left a couple of messages for him, but didn't hear back from him, and i didn't really expect to either. Then out of nowhere, about a week or two after Cloud9 posting the test results, and the ensuing fiasco, Gavin called me back ....

As far as the different types of vendors and whether or not they care about the " vaping community ", i am not as romantic as you are. My relationship with the vendors i purchase from is one of vendor and consumer, nothing more, nothing less. I don't lionize any vendor, and i assume their primary intention is to maximize their own profits.

Last edited:

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
As far as the different types of vendors and whether or not they care about the " vaping community ", i am not as romantic as you are.

I'm not romantic at all.

It was from reading all the flowery ad copy at vendor sites, and the sentiments expressed when they are interviewed, where I got the notion they "cared". ;)

Not MY wording. But i do tend to take people at their word, I mean, I was taught a person is only as good as their word.

I'm all for maximizing profits. I prefer to see it done honestly ...... and with some transparency, i.e. divulging test results would qualify as being "above board", for instance, when something that is being made is to be put into my body.

Racehorse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
USA midwest
Then you have the ones that have several pages of "lawyer-speak", basically denying any IMAGINABLE problem a customer might have. :lol: Have you guys noticed any of these? :p

Terms, Conditions, and Return Policy

Really, a bit much. Before I bought anything I guess i'd have to have my own attorney help me decide if I should even use my credit card lest I receive a faulty product, try to get my money back, then find a sherriff at my doorstep. :lol:

What I'd like to ask my lawyer is, how do you determine something doesn't work w/out USING it, which this website seems to state will automatically void any and all protections you have. tee hee

CountingCrows

ECF Veteran
Jul 31, 2016
  • Deleted by retired1
  • Reason: Read the forum rules please.

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
  • Deleted by retired1