Five Pawns now on ECF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob Fitz

Unregistered Supplier
Jan 20, 2013
California
What sort of open dialogue were you wanting to have? I'm always up to share my thoughts and opinions. Welcome to ECF! :cool:
Thanks for your response Utsuru. We just want to be a part of this community and are really excited to have the opportunity to speak with our loyal customers and also our naysayers. I hope this helps...

Rob Fitz

Unregistered Supplier
Jan 20, 2013
California
Hello. Why is 24mg no longer being offered? 18 just isn't enough sometimes...
We felt with the evolution of this industry and the move from clearo's and cartos to rba's that 24mg was on its way out. Additionally, we were no longer comfortable with that much nicotine in our liquids as it poses more risk to kids, pets, etc..., albeit, we do use child resistant caps. What kind of setup are you using Stevegmu?

Reactions: aceswired

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
We felt with the evolution of this industry and the move from clearo's and cartos to rba's that 24mg was on its way out. Additionally, we were no longer comfortable with that much nicotine in our liquids as it poses more risk to kids, pets, etc..., albeit, we do use child resistant caps. What kind of setup are you using Stevegmu?

Oh, ok. I use IBTanked carto tanks and Kayfuns on ProVari. No big deal, I just don't like losing flavor mixing 18 with 36 base to make something near 24, so I have abandoned vendors who no longer make e liquid for low power vapers...

Rob Fitz

Unregistered Supplier
Jan 20, 2013
California
Oh, ok. I use IBTanked carto tanks and Kayfuns on ProVari. No big deal, I just don't like losing flavor mixing 18 with 36 base to make something near 24, so I have abandoned vendors who no longer make e liquid for low power vapers...
Well we would certainly love the opportunity to win you back should you get down to 18mg. Until then Vape On on my man.

Rob Fitz

Unregistered Supplier
Jan 20, 2013
California
I would like to hear your side of the Cloud9vaping story. Are u willing to talk about it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Absolutely willing to talk about it. We completely dispute those results and we believe it's haphazard to release results when there is no data on the chain of custody where there can be possible tampering or cross contamination, were the bottles that where tested in their original sealed packaging, were the bottles shaken properly before testing, utilizing an unaccredited lab for such tests, no standard for testing (there are multiple ways to test and extraction methods) which can result in very differing results, etc... We completely stand behind the safety of our liquids and would not have our family members, friends, and loyal consumers vaping our liquids if we ever thought the opposite. Let me know if you have any other questions regarding this situation.

Last edited:

JohnD0406

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA
1) I was a big fan of Five Pawns. No question the flavors were outstanding. However, as if the Cloud9 fiasco wasn't enough, your own test results posted in your blog indicate VERY high levels of AP, WELL BEYOND what's considered safe by scientists that have been studying it for years. Since you can't dispute your own test results, what do you have to say about the VERY unsafe levels in your own results?

2) You know this is as easy of a question you'll get on this topic. Hopefully you can provide a better answer than the unbelievably poor blog post response, now that you've had plenty of time to think about it. Besides a handful of BS and contradictory statements, you flat out lied to your customers when asked whether your liquids contained any DA/AP. You/your company rep has publicly stated that never happened, but I happen to be one of those people with such an email stating NO DA/AP in your liquids. One of your reps has even been caught lying when called on a popular podcast (I'm sure you've heard that one too).

3) What are your future plans for providing your customers a new revision of current flavors that do not contain any DA/AP? Also, will you be providing test results to back up those claims, assuming you move forward with DA/AP free liquids?

4) One response on your blog post mentioned "PG-alternative". What does that have to do with DA/AP? Are you trying to indicate that not only is there no PG, but also no DA/AP?

The world is becoming more and more educated about the dangers of DA/AP, and the trend seems to be that retailers are asking for test results, and when they don't get them, they're testing juices themselves. The Cloud9 fisaco is JUST THE BEGINNING of your troubles. Don't think others won't be testing your liquids and publishing the results. You need a solution NOW - at least a publicly stated plan, and then proper execution of that plan.

Have you considered that, assuming the FDA allows open vapor products to be sold, the FDA will not allow the sale of any liquids containing unsafe levels of DA/AP? There goes most of your product line.

I'm sure you've taken a financial hit from lower sales, and returns from retailers that no longer carry your product. That's probably why you're surfacing here how. Well, this is your chance to do damage control. I'm eager to hear your response, and I'm sure many others are as well.

SeniorBoy

VapeFight.com Founder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
vapefight.com
...Well, this is your chance to do damage control. I'm eager to hear your response, and I'm sure many others are as well.

Thanks and very well stated in your entire post. Count me as one who would like to hear the 5P Response.

Fair use extraction from my last Blog post on this issue:

I’m a stakeholder
I vividly remember the first day I discovered Gambit about 1.5 years ago. What a fantastic and well crafted mix. Yes, Flamingoes DID fly around my crib. :) Then came Perpetual Check, which until recently was my after dinner delight. As a DIY geek, I have a huge amount of respect and admiration for the talents which are necessary to produce mixes of this caliber. Although some of the other Five Pawns mixes were not to my liking, I still marveled at the talents involved. At a certain level, this Five Pawns Tragedy saddens me a great deal. It’s negative implications for the Vaping industry and the negative impact (hand them red meat) on our respective activism efforts only makes me more skeptical about the survival of vaping, post FDA regulations. Think “Self Regulation” and my answer is unfortunately, highly unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread