Not open for further replies.

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
Good God... This is some fine e-liquid!

Stumbled upon their brick and mortar store today. Had never seen their product at any of my normal brick and mortars...

My favorites

Gambit
It's like vaping Apple pie... With all the flavor subtleties of pie, the buttery crust, Apple, hint of cinnamon.... And a touch of creamy vanilla...
8/10

Castle Long Reserve
Apparently only sold at the store.
Such a complex flavor I can't even adequately explain it... Absolutely unlike any e-liquid I've ever tasted.

Part of this is due to it being steeped in oak barrels! Amazing earthy, toasted flavor, layers of flavor that vary dramatically depending on wattage and delivery system... Dripped, it would pair excellently with a fine scotch or bourbon...
10/10

Sent from my mobile, using Tapatalk... so ignore the typos. ;)

Last edited:

Frankenmizer

ECF Veteran
Jul 6, 2013
Dimension V
Good God... This is some fine e-liquid!

Stumbled upon their brick and mortar store today. Had never seen their product at any of my normal brick and mortars...

My favorites

Gambit
It's like vaping Apple pie... With all the flavor subtleties of pie, the buttery crust, Apple, hint of cinnamon.... And a touch of creamy vanilla...
8/10

Castle Long Reserve
Apparently only sold at the store.
Such a complex flavor I can't even adequately explain it... Absolutely unlike any e-liquid I've ever tasted.

Part of this is due to it being steeped in oak barrels! Amazing earthy, toasted flavor, layers of flavor that vary dramatically depending on wattage and clever system.... Dripped, it would pair excellently with a fine scotch or bourbon...
10/10

You can get Castle Long Reserve from Five Pawns partners. And I agree with your assessment of it. :)

Five Pawns has been a contentious subject on ECF, so obligatory pre-emptive strike graphic follows:

can_of_worms_ahead.jpg

Hidden Dragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
Maryland
It IS expensive... In the case of Reserve, maybe crazy expensive...

BUT, I figure, it's damn good juice.... I thought so before I knew the price.... So, until someone makes something better... It's priced appropriately.

Sounds like I really need to try this juice since I really enjoy complex flavors :facepalm:

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
Sounds like I really need to try this juice since I really enjoy complex flavors :facepalm:

if you were closer i'd let you try mine...

After vaping literally thousands of ml, I had begun to think that there was a limit to eJuice... that I had tried everything new and would hence forth only get variations of the same few things I liked...

I had wondered if it was possible for someone to make something that was on that next level... Castle Long, is that juice I think.

Here's the thing...

• I had actually never heard of Five Pawns. I don't frequent this corner of ECF and get my premium juices at my local brick and mortars... which (as I found out yesterday) don't carry 5p due to proximity to their own retail store.
  • I just stumbled upon their brick and mortar location in Irvine, CA (happens to be next store to my friend's chiropractic office, which I hadn't been to in months)
  • I was up front with them that I didn't want to try any juices, that I "wasn't buying anything today". I just wanted to find out about them, since I had never heard of them and just noticed the shop as I walked by
  • The rep I dealt with was friendly and insisted that I sit down and try it. We chatted while I sampled juices, he was knowledgeable about his product and also about the community. I enjoyed the experience
  • I tried every flavor, In both drippers and tanks, even tried the Castle Long on a Kayfun.
  • In all cases, I did not ask the price until AFTER I had tasted it. I have found with boutique juices, that's the best method... judge the flavor without any sticker shock.

And when I was told the price, I won't lie, I found it high. But not ridiculous for the quality.

and now I'm sitting here vaping Gambit... with a bottle of long reserve at home, waiting for that special occasion to enjoy that special juice.

Last edited:

kbjoran

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Riverdale, GA
Thanks for the offer ClippinWings because if I lived 2995 miles closer, I'd take you up on ya offer...lol. If one of my B&Ms sold it locally, I'd probably go get some this weekend, but I'll just order it online and give it a try. Gambit and the long reserve sound like my kind of vape.

Castle Long can't be ordered online. :(

Talk to your local B&M because I know 5P is looking for stores to carry their juices.

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
Five pawns is ok juice, ahlusions stuff is really really good and complex juice for less money

We'll have to agree to disagree.

Ahlusions is good... but it's not Five Pawns good... the complexity isn't even close.

But It's dirt cheap... so I can see that some would find the value for the money being better.

Hidden Dragon

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2013
Maryland
Castle Long can't be ordered online. :(

Talk to your local B&M because I know 5P is looking for stores to carry their juices.

Funny you should say that. I was talking to my local B&M owner about 5P this Saturday. I'm going to see if I can talk him into it since he's opening up a new store, which means more traffic (and hopefully some family discounts for me on other stuff) :D...lol

kbjoran

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Riverdale, GA
Funny you should say that. I was talking to my local B&M owner about 5P this Saturday. I'm going to see if I can talk him into it since he's opening up a new store, which means more traffic (and hopefully some family discounts for me on other stuff) :D...lol

Count yourself lucky! :D

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
We'll have to agree to disagree.

Ahlusions is good... but it's not Five Pawns good... the complexity isn't even close.

But It's dirt cheap... so I can see that some would find the value for the money being better.

What Ahlusion juices have you tried? While I agree that several Five Pawns juices are complex, I completely disagree that "the complexity isn't even close." I've had all six Five Pawns e-liquids and at least 35 different Ahlusion juices. The complexity in some Ahlusion juices is exemplary, particularly the teas and tobaccos. My opinion has nothing at all to do with price.

ClippinWings

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2011
The OC
What Ahlusion juices have you tried? While I agree that several Five Pawns juices are complex, I completely disagree that "the complexity isn't even close." I've had all six Five Pawns e-liquids and at least 35 different Ahlusion juices. The complexity in some Ahlusion juices is exemplary, particularly the teas and tobaccos. My opinion has nothing at all to do with price.

That must be where I've gone "wrong"... I'm not a big fan of Teas or Tabaccos... With a few exceptions, (I do like I nice RY4 for instance).

Since I wont be bothering with Teas and Tobacco, I'll just take your word for it...

Am I wrong in thinking that Castle Long is, as of yet, unmatched, for flavor and complexity?

I mean... to me, it's utterly original in both regards, if I'm wrong I'd love to know.

Last edited:

MsComptrtchr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Tucson, it's a dry heat
I DIY and I can make about 10,000 ml of juice thats even better than 5 pawns for the price of one bottle of 5 pawns

I hope we see your recipes posted in the DIY forum - I'd like to know WHAT you're making that's better than Five Pawns. What natural flavorings are you using (I assume you are using natural flavors like Five Pawns, right?) I DIY and it's good and cheap, but in terms of complexity, I can't get up to 5P level.

Calivapr123

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 28, 2013
USA
... Am I wrong in thinking that Castle Long is, as of yet, unmatched, for flavor and complexity?

I mean... to me, it's utterly original in both regards, if I'm wrong I'd love to know.

My friend, don't worry about being wrong, you don't need approval to like or dislike a juice, as the argument for which is the best juice will go on till the end of time.

Also, whether we're talking about juice or some other thing, price doesn't always mean "better." We can say "you get what you pay for" but we can also say "there's a sucker born every minute." This can be argued till the cows come home too. Enjoy the juice you like and don't worry about all the crap that is said in the internet, maybe even this one, lol.

"This juice is the best"
"No it's not..."

And on and on, it's 99.9% crap.

Last edited:

RobinBanks

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2013
Jersey Shore
I hope we see your recipes posted in the DIY forum - I'd like to know WHAT you're making that's better than Five Pawns. What natural flavorings are you using (I assume you are using natural flavors like Five Pawns, right?) I DIY and it's good and cheap, but in terms of complexity, I can't get up to 5P level.

I think I'm detecting a bit of sarcasm from Altaire Versailles ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread