Status
Not open for further replies.

JimZet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2015
Hey people,

I'll get right to the point,
I have a new friend that always bugs me about five pawns juices saying its the best etc etc.
At end of all i decided to waste some money and try their juices.

All i can say is this:
What?? WTF ?? 28$ for this ?
What was all the rush about?

Doesn't worth 28$ at all, not even close, i was expecting for something amazing that would make my eyes close and enjoy the vape.
Seriously, DIY juices that i do, often way better than what i've tried from five pawns :D
Can't say its bad, but i cannot call it special, can't say its really good, its not bad, nice - 7/10.
Tomorrow i'm gonna lat this friend try my special recipe juice and see what he says XD

If people ready to pay this kind of money for whatever Five Pawns offers i might need to rethink about my job [removed]

Can't say for everyone of course, its my personal opinion. Maybe its because I'm a cook in real life dunno.

What you think about Five Pawns, and which company makes the best juices in your opinion?

Last edited by a moderator:

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
I tend to avoid seafood based flavors myself. I learned very early on in my vaping life that so called premium juices are a ripoff, others will disagree. I'm sure that you could market dog poop if the branding and packaging were good enough.

qMxWNFQ.jpg

Forkeh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
California
Frankly I think some of their juices are delicious....but way too expensive. I'm not paying that much for juice. Especially considering their customer service is non existent. I spent ages trying to get information from them about one of their juices I wanted to try. I wasn't asking for a recipe, just if one of their flavors was a natural extract, or synthetic. A yes or no would have sufficed. I was asking because of an allergy concern.

Never got a single reply. Not even to say they wouldn't release the information. White noise. They lost a customer.

mcol

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 5, 2013
Missouri
I did that with another very popular vendor here. I just had to try some of their
juices about a year ago. Had scoured their webpage and knew I'd love 4 or 5 of
their offerings that fell in my flavor profile. Most I had to mix with unflavored to
get through them. One or two I just tossed. Those juices were so overloaded with
flavorings it just ruined them, in my opinion. Learned a lesson.

subwayaznm

A Geek with a Cool slice
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2016
USA
I like three of their flavors but way over priced. Any juice over $20 for a 30ml bottle is over priced IMHO.
But I did purchase a couple of Oak Barrels to steep my DIY E liquids in and really like the way it adds that flavor to your liquids. Helped me get away from the Tobacco flavored juices; which also helped me stay off the Cigs at first. So some good came from trying their juices

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Especially considering their customer service is non existent. I spent ages trying to get information from them about one of their juices I wanted to try. I wasn't asking for a recipe, just if one of their flavors was a natural extract, or synthetic. A yes or no would have sufficed. I was asking because of an allergy concern.
After the scandal some time ago where their CS reps repeatedly gave people incorrect information regarding certain controversial flavoring compounds, I suspect they're not allowed to answer such questions.

Reactions: Ed_C

seek2

ECF Veteran
May 25, 2014
Chicago, IL
Five pawns is good. I love their gambit. One of my favorite juices. Castle long is great too.

Right..your diy juices are better than five pawns. Send your samples to 20 vape shops. If even 1 picks hours up, I will buy 1000ml personally off you. Lols. Probably the funniest .... I read I this forum. Five pawns is worth millions and won't even deal with low end shops. You would be jumping for joy if the dollar store picked up your juice.

To answer your last question. Suicide bunny is probably my favorite. The ob, mother's milk, and madrina are my favorites from them.

There is a huge difference between premium and garbage juice. You can taste it right away. The good stuff has that layered thick flavor. While the cheaper juices just don't have that flavor.

Everyone has different taste buds. But there is a reason why they can get away with $25+ for a 30ml. You just have to take advantage of sales and deals. Like a local vape shop always has a happy hour daily where it's buy 1 get 50% off one. Or a 15% coupon from some onlinevapestore.com, etc. Don't think I have ever paid the asking price for any juice.

Last edited:

Forkeh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2012
California
After the scandal some time ago where their CS reps repeatedly gave people incorrect information regarding certain controversial flavoring compounds, I suspect they're not allowed to answer such questions.

I would have considered that a reasonable answer. Simply "we can't, sorry"....if they'd responded at all.

we87

ECF Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
DFW, TX
I agree with most of the comments in this thread. That being said Castle Long is one of the best store bought juices I've ever tried. And also one of the hardest to clone. I've been doing DIY for almost two years and have a few outstanding recipes I've made, tried, etc.... But all the Castle Long recipes I've tried hardly come close to the real thing. And I search all the time for new recipe percentages, flavors, etc. It's coconut note is dominant and I've tried Flavor art coconut (to my knowledge one of the better ones) and it still didn't seem right.

Just saying. I'll agree with their others being okay or not for everyone. But to each his own I guess

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ilikeholoejuice

May 31, 2016
I like three of their flavors but way over priced. Any juice over $20 for a 30ml bottle is over priced IMHO.
But I did purchase a couple of Oak Barrels to steep my DIY E liquids in and really like the way it adds that flavor to your liquids. Helped me get away from the Tobacco flavored juices; which also helped me stay off the Cigs at first. So some good came from trying their juices
Can not agree more with you!:toast:

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas

More likely due to the ongoing lawsuit against them.

Reactions: Rossum
Frankly I think some of their juices are delicious....but way too expensive. I'm not paying that much for juice. Especially considering their customer service is non existent. I spent ages trying to get information from them about one of their juices I wanted to try. I wasn't asking for a recipe, just if one of their flavors was a natural extract, or synthetic. A yes or no would have sufficed. I was asking because of an allergy concern.

Never got a single reply. Not even to say they wouldn't release the information. White noise. They lost a customer.

I've always wanted to try them, but now that you say their customer service is non- existent. No thanks. Sounds like an expensive lesson waiting to happen.:glare:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread