Five Year Vaperversary !

Status
Not open for further replies.

katz-in-boots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2011
Under Down Under
Yes, it's true: 5 years cigarette-free. 10th December 2010, late at night I ran out of the cigs and made the switch. I have not had a single puff of a cigarette since that night.

I won't say it was easy, I know I could not have done it without e-cigs to take the edge off. I started on an outrageously expensive brand of e-cigs, and struggled to get the nicotine level right and find satisfaction. I tried a few brands in the first 3 months, tried to go 0% nic too soon, and found this forum as I was deciding between V4L and another brand to try next. The wonderfully warm, family feel here at that time helped me make the decision to try V4L and 4% nic. These decisions contributed to my 5 years smoke-free.

I tried so many different flavours to begin with - other brands I tried had one "menthol" flavour, nothing like the V4L range of "menthols". I soon got over needing my e-cig to look like a real cig, and ended up with a rainbow of Vapor Titans. I was never going to get into filling my own cartomizers, but it didn't take too long to make that change.

For a while I tried things like variable voltage egos and even a Provari. I tried tanks for a while too.

Then the Vapor Zeus came along, with Smileomizers. I started with the auto batteries but was sent a Dual-mode to review and that was that. Didn't take long to realise I had finally found my vaping 'Nirvana".

So now I am happy with my Dual-Mode Vapor Zeus medium batteries and smileomizers. I have 4% New Menthol Wow for daytime and 2% Wowboy Peppermint for evenings. I've just received my latest order of juices and have mixed them to make 2% New Menthol and 1% Wowboy Peppermint.

Ironically (or perhaps just because I was thinking about my vaperversary), last night I dreamed I had a cigarette. And then another. I know I could so easily get hooked again, so I can never have even one of the nasty things. Can't afford it either; packs of cigs are heading towards $40 a pack here (yes, per pack, not carton), courtesy of increasing taxes.

That's my story. I am now a confirmed vaper. In the past year I have seen/met more vapers than in the previous four years, which tells me it is becoming more common even in our little city of Hobart.

So a big thank you to: Smilin' Steve and the wonderful people at V4L, and the people on this forum who gave me such amazing support, which includes so many terrific people while singling out Morandir and Snow Dragon. Love you guys !!!

Thanks everyone, hope you find your vaping Nirvana too. Mahalo.

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
Yes, it's true: 5 years cigarette-free. 10th December 2010, late at night I ran out of the cigs and made the switch. I have not had a single puff of a cigarette since that night.

I won't say it was easy, I know I could not have done it without e-cigs to take the edge off. I started on an outrageously expensive brand of e-cigs, and struggled to get the nicotine level right and find satisfaction. I tried a few brands in the first 3 months, tried to go 0% nic too soon, and found this forum as I was deciding between V4L and another brand to try next. The wonderfully warm, family feel here at that time helped me make the decision to try V4L and 4% nic. These decisions contributed to my 5 years smoke-free.

I tried so many different flavours to begin with - other brands I tried had one "menthol" flavour, nothing like the V4L range of "menthols". I soon got over needing my e-cig to look like a real cig, and ended up with a rainbow of Vapor Titans. I was never going to get into filling my own cartomizers, but it didn't take too long to make that change.

For a while I tried things like variable voltage egos and even a Provari. I tried tanks for a while too.

Then the Vapor Zeus came along, with Smileomizers. I started with the auto batteries but was sent a Dual-mode to review and that was that. Didn't take long to realise I had finally found my vaping 'Nirvana".

So now I am happy with my Dual-Mode Vapor Zeus medium batteries and smileomizers. I have 4% New Menthol Wow for daytime and 2% Wowboy Peppermint for evenings. I've just received my latest order of juices and have mixed them to make 2% New Menthol and 1% Wowboy Peppermint.

Ironically (or perhaps just because I was thinking about my vaperversary), last night I dreamed I had a cigarette. And then another. I know I could so easily get hooked again, so I can never have even one of the nasty things. Can't afford it either; packs of cigs are heading towards $40 a pack here (yes, per pack, not carton), courtesy of increasing taxes.

That's my story. I am now a confirmed vaper. In the past year I have seen/met more vapers than in the previous four years, which tells me it is becoming more common even in our little city of Hobart.

So a big thank you to: Smilin' Steve and the wonderful people at V4L, and the people on this forum who gave me such amazing support, which includes so many terrific people while singling out Morandir and Snow Dragon. Love you guys !!!

:banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana::banana:
Thanks for this post, katz! It moved me so much and struck a bunch of chords.

First of all, a big congratulations to you. What a huge triumph. That's half a decade!

I really appreciated hearing your vaping journey thus far. Mine has driven me to peppermint recently too. (I used to smoke menthol cigs) and the new Winter Breeze which is a pretty potent mix of wintergreen and dunwoody menthol But I think peppermint might be my nirvana!

I also relate to your dream. I've been a vegetarian for about a year and a half and the other night I had a vivid dream I was eating chicken soup. I think it's that part of our subconscious reminding us of the path we didn't take, so we can wake up and be proud of the path we've taken.

I'm very proud of yours! And Smilin' sends his love.

Vape on!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

LadyVapentine

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2015
Sweet Home Chicago
www.vapor4life.com
Huge congratulations !!!!
I'm about to celebrate my 500th totally tobacco Free day. Like you I know I can never smoke another. You are an inspiration !!!!
Congrats to you too, VNeil! 500 days is a very big achievement!

Woohoooooo!

BLKDOLL

Mar 20, 2015

GOOD on you!!
awoohoo.jpg

bigbob2322

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 27, 2014
    Schiller PK IL USA

Congrats on your victory over the stinky cigarettes, WTG

LadyVapentine

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    Nov 16, 2015
    Sweet Home Chicago
    www.vapor4life.com
    Happy, happy 5th Vapeversary, Katz!!!

(I believe "we" were the ones to coin that term, right here on the old V4L forum . . . :))
    It's pretty cool to hear the origin story of the term, EleanorR. I keep adding an extra "r". We oughta come up with a vaping dictionary!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread