Fix for Non-Working Cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sallyem

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
California
I discovered a Fix for cartos that do not work at all. No vapor...no nothing...just not working. I have several new cool carts that I had to fix. Take a needle nosed pliers or something else that would work, and turn the round connector in the screw-in part of the carto. Turn it counter-clockwise about a quarter turn. It lifts that contact, and then it makes connection to the contact on the battery better. That has fixed my problems. GOOD LUCK!! :)

MX5

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2009
TEXAS
I discovered a Fix for cartos that do not work at all. No vapor...no nothing...just not working. I have several new cool carts that I had to fix. Take a needle nosed pliers or something else that would work, and turn the round connector in the screw-in part of the carto. Turn it counter-clockwise about a quarter turn. It lifts that contact, and then it makes connection to the contact on the battery better. That has fixed my problems. GOOD LUCK!! :)

Thanks for that Info!!!!!!!!!:) Tricks of the "Have Tried and It Works!" :D

Why smoke when You Can vape!!:banana:

Sallyem

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2010
California
Is it only cool carts or also premiums and wows?
Thanks!!!

Sometimes the center circle connector of our batteries somehow get pushed down a bit. Sometimes sticky stuff gets under there and it sticks in that down position. This is a reminder that when cleaning the batteries, and we stick a pin or whatever into the holes to keep them clear, we should also remember to try to lift that center of the battery a bit.

Assuming that has been done, and the cart still won't work, use my
FIX as stated. It is for all the carts....I have used it on cool carts and on premium carts, and on regular carts. I have had to use the FIX many times, and believe me....it works! :D

Mactrick

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2010
Ventura, CA
This thread should be stickied. I just revived 3 carts using this method. 2 were from a brand new pack and one died on me after much use. I know that I've tossed others that could have probably been saved.

I've included an image because it wasn't 100% clear to me what part I was supposed to spin. I used a flat-head screwdriver to spin the center, instead of the recommended needle-nose pliers. The needle-nose pliers that I had was not needly enough. The area that needs to be spun has a slight recess running down the center (visible in the image) which you can push with the screwdriver. Hopefully bumping this thread will help others.

carto-fix.jpg

Last edited:

resonator

ECF Veteran
Sep 17, 2009
The Badger State
Just tried this on a self-refilled carto that was showing no sigs of life. It worked!

My method was just a little different. I used a tiny flat-head screwdriver as a lever and just pry the inner circle on the cartomizer up a little bit on two or three sides, using the inside of the outer wall as leverage. Great thread!

P.S. Mactrick, that's an appropriate alias for your post, having your "Mac" in the picture to demonstrate this "trick" =) I live in Wisconsin but I have family in Ventura that I visit occasionally. I've stealth vaped at the Bench Warmer pub a few times now.

deback

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2010
Michigan

Turning the round connector is to loosen the draw (to the left) or tighten the draw (to the right). When trying to unstick the round thing(s) at the threaded ends of the battery and the cartomizer, use a paper clip or something similar to lift the round things a little bit. Lift a little while going all around the round things. This will help to unstick them and make sure the gasket underneath the round things is sitting correctly. You don't want to turn the round things with pliers or a screwdriver, or this will affect the draw.

I'm referring to Boge and KR808D-1 cartomizers that have an indentation in the middle of the round thing at the threaded end. I also did not read this entire thread when posting this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread