Status
Not open for further replies.

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
I'm prompted to make this post because of a narrative I've seen reflected in a few responses on our new Flavor 39.

This new flavor is similar to Boba's Bounty but not an exact match or mirror flavor. We have a more new flavors on the horizon and all of them are new tobacco flavors. They will all aim to meet the standard Boba's Bounty has set for our company, but none of them will be Boba's Bounty. Different ingredients, different recipe, different name. Flavor 39 hits on 4 points that are similar to the Boba's flavor but there are areas where it doesn't match up.

We've all seen long forum posts where customers do an excellent job of trying to recreate the Boba's Bounty flavor with only limited success. We've seen other companies attempt to take the name and apply it to their own juices with no lasting effect. It's a unique blend and, for good reasons, it nearly impossible to recreate fully.

Flavor 39 is a smooth and rich tobacco flavor it has a golden/amber (amber in the bottle more golden in a carto) coloring and vapes like a champ. It mixes excellently with Banana and will be a base for a new Banana/Tobacco flavoring we have coming out at the same time(Simian Slam).

I'm sorry if I've misinformed anyone about what this new flavor was intended to be, but it is not intended to be a Boba's Bounty mirror. I'll address this to my team as well so that their customer service responses don't mislead anyone. If this has happened already I apologize.

To recap: Flavor 39 is a good and smooth tobacco flavor. It is not a flavor match to Boba's, only similar. I personally feel it's a flavor that could compete.

Last edited:
Reactions: jifjifjif

gmcjing

Feb 18, 2013
Houston, TX
Just received my order of flavor 39. It's definitely not Boba's, but it is smooth and produces good vapor as advertised. It is thinner (less viscous) and lighter color. Can't see it being considered a replacement for Boba's as it lacks a lot of the subtle sweetness and complexity that Boba's is famous for. Exhale tastes a little like cloves or tea leaves to me, a tiny hint of sugar. It's decent, but not love at first vape for me like Boba's was. Maybe it'll grow on me.

Reactions: Wingnut73

BNEAT

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2013
Louisville, Kentucky
Just filled my tank, and I'm plesently surprised: it's closer to Boba's than I was expecting! It's not exact, and I can't pin-point what's different, but the parts that are important to my palate seem to be there!

Hey Ben, how fresh is this stuff, i.e. how much can we expect it to change with some steeping? (I'm assuming it hasn't been mixed for very long)

Last edited:
Reactions: Wingnut73

heretic617

Mar 26, 2013
Boston, MA, USA
Just received my 39 and Simian today as well. Other's already said it... it's close, and good. I like it, but it's not quite the same. Doesnt have that "Really really really good Graham/Raisin Bran"-ish hint.. but it's smooth, rich and sweet/earthy like Boba's was. It is NOT "mulchy" like a lot of tobaccos out there. I like it and will buy a big bottle next time (Got a 30ml to test but used to buy 100mls of BB)

I have yet to try Simian Slam (just opened my package) but I imagine it's going to be nice. I have a new favorite banana flavor from my home-town juice-meisters anyway so I'm happy. :)

Good job on the new flavor 39 AVE/Ben. It's good!

Reactions: Porphy

Porphy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 12, 2009
Lancaster, CA
www.AVEJuice.com
Sadly I'm missing the sweetness and raisin kind of flavor that was in Bobas

Hey Ben, how fresh is this stuff, i.e. how much can we expect it to change with some steeping?

I'm also curious to see how it changes over time.

The same answer to everyone here. It steeps WELL. It tastes good right off the bat (in my opinion) but steeping makes it better. It adds a bit of sweet.

AntnyMikal

ECF Veteran
Mar 3, 2014
Clarksville, TN, USA
Just got my order of 39 and chimeras call in. Not bad. I'd say the base tastes pretty close. Sadly I'm missing the sweetness and raisin kind of flavor that was in Bobas
This is exactly what I said about it on their FB page. It's missing that raisin-graham sweetness, I still like it though. I've been vaping it all day, I'm now starting to get the sweetness too as the new wicks are all settled in now. This is really close for me minus the raisin-graham, it's there just barely though, hopefully some steeping will bring it out more.

Simian Slam I actually like more than Gorilla Juice, it just seems smoother and more balanced. With GJ I got a lot of Banana and a little Boba's with this it seems more balanced. I could only vape GJ in spurts as the banana would just overwhelm and shock my buds eventually, I think I'll be able to vape the Simian more often and in longer spurts.

Otherwise I'm happy with both, still has good TH, thick clouds and that hit I just don't get with some other juices. I also like that it's a little thinner, should be no problems in the tanks that I actually use the stock coils in, and maybe it won't gunk as quick either. If we can't get Boba's again, I'm happy with this, It's the closest thing to it I've tried.

Jshill520

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2012
Cumberland, MD
The same answer to everyone here. It steeps WELL. It tastes good right off the bat (in my opinion) but steeping makes it better. It adds a bit of sweet.
Ok good! Trying not to be too hard on it right off the bat lol. The base is definitely nice. If the sweetness sets in later I think it will be really nice. I'm still amazed at the fact that NO ONE has a tobacco base even remotely similar to yours.

Levitas

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2011
Saint Louis
Personally, I'm extremely pleased with flavor 39. It has the right elements that I adored from Boba's, and I'm very excited, granted that this is a juice that will remain for some time to come, that I have something consistent again to drip at home.

Differences? I have a bottle of OG Boba's, and flavor 39. F39 seems a little lighter, overall, in color and taste, but that's no problem. Personally, and it should be obvious to all, the main difference I taste is the tobacco. I have some suspicions as to why that is (bearing if my guess on what the previous tobacco flavoring may of been is close to correct).

Of course, I could be completely wrong. But when three flavors that share a similar element go off the shelf, and all of those juices are tobacco flavorings, my intuition points in one direction.

Either way, bravo Ben! Thank you for the sale, and I'll be gladly purchasing my monthly 100ml/dose.

Much love!

Me

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
I have some suspicions as to why that is (bearing if my guess on what the previous tobacco flavoring may of been is close to correct).

I'll be the bad guy and call out what I suspect it is. I am almost certain that this new formula is using a naturally extracted tobacco (cold extraction) as I am able to taste a slight plant like flavoring to it now. This is not necessarily a bad thing in my opinion. This is also not to say that the Boba's was not also using a naturally extracted tobacco.

As a matter of fact this is kind of interesting to me as most NETs (Naturally Extracted Tobaccos) benefit greatly from steeping. I am excited to see how the flavors develop over time with Flavor 39.

Overall IMHO Flavor 39 has the magical undertones that satisfies my craving for Boba's. It is still lacking the wafts of cocoa/cookie/bran muffin flavoring that Boba's once had but this new flavor certainly can stand on it's own two feet.

Last edited:
Reactions: gmcjing

Saltwater

ECF Veteran
Apr 29, 2013
NC
The whole time rewicking and filling the calix today I was trying to remember the taste of Boba's.

I was pleasantly surprised. The parts I like about the original, for me, are there. After a few hours now I don't think I'll miss the original much. I agree with others that as the wick settles in, it's really close, and close in the right way.

Now that the bones are there, maybe Ben can try some different additives other than banana. I loved gorilla juice but always wanted to try it with a different flavors.

I'd like to see some offshoots of flavor 39, they might come out better than the original.

Last edited:

piruned

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
huntsville, al
It's close. Closer than I have had in forever. For me, as I vaped it all day, the flavor got really intense. I ended up cutting it with some sugar cookie juice I have, and it turned out to be pleasant.

There is something sweet in the background, but can't place my finger on it. Either way, it brings memories back of the original Boba's Bounty. It's in there somewhere, and I hope this isn't the last iteration of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread