Flavor 39 clarifications

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zildjian

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2012
Oregon
Question on Flavor 39, I just ordered some to give it a go. A little concerned though, is this juice remade or made to order? The reason I ask is I have read a lot about steeping it. However when I got mine two days ago, it was almost Black in color as if it had been steeping for about 6 months. I ordered it in 6mg. I have not tried it yet, probably going to give id it a go today, but wanted to ask about this first. I have had bobas of the past so this is first time trying this new line. Something just does not seem right about the color for being so new out of the mail and in only 6mg.

Jshill520

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2012
Cumberland, MD
Question on Flavor 39, I just ordered some to give it a go. A little concerned though, is this juice remade or made to order? The reason I ask is I have read a lot about steeping it. However when I got mine two days ago, it was almost Black in color as if it had been steeping for about 6 months. I ordered it in 6mg. I have not tried it yet, probably going to give id it a go today, but wanted to ask about this first. I have had bobas of the past so this is first time trying this new line. Something just does not seem right about the color for being so new out of the mail and in only 6mg.
mine was very dark this time too. Still tastes the same but seems to gunk up my coils a little more than usual. I know with Bobas it was made to order so I would say this is too.

Wookie1

Supplier Associate
ECF Veteran
Jul 9, 2013
Lancaster, CA
www.avejuice.com
Apologies for the delayed response!

Flavor 39 is easily one of our darkest products. Oddly enough, the 3mg and 6mg are a little darker than the higher strengths, though only slightly. We do make our juices to-order, but occasionally an extra bottle is made or left over from an altered order, so they sometimes get the chance to sit around for a day or two before hitching a ride on another order, but certainly not long enough to suggest a week-long steep, much less a month long one.

Based on some of the returns we have had in the past month or two, we have gotten back some very dark liquids that are in a near-water state with how thin they are. Much thinner than what we have sent out. This is likely due to the heat, but I hesitate to suggest that's the sole cause of Zildjian's dark liquid, especially if folks aren't having the same issues with their other flavors.

My best guess is that Zildjian's bottle may have gotten a bit of extra flavoring by accident and should be quite safe to vape. As always, if you find something "off" about your order, we do offer exchanges for recently purchased juices. Naturally, we want you to be taken care of.

Reactions: jifjifjif

FerrariRed_82

Jun 4, 2016
Same here. Can't wait. Another supplier I really like has a similar base to all their juices, if you like one you like them all, but all a little different. I would really like to see this done with flavor 39. It's pretty good and I'm enjoying it but I can't help to think how awesome it would be with variations done with it, I like the banana version too, but keep them coming!
Whi h suppluer has a similar base?

BentWookie

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
SF Bay Area CA USA
20170201_193926.jpg
20170201_193926.jpg

And try flavor 39

Last edited:
I'm going to post this here in hopes someone will see it, and I'm not particularly advocating another company.

I got a 100ml bottle of 39 immediately...hell I stayed up LATE to order the night it became available, and I, even knowing it was only similar, was disappointed for no real good reason...but I found a silver lining in research. I found that one missing note was that similar to raisins. Well wouldn't you know it, but HHV sells Sludge, which is tobacco with raisin tones. So I got 100ml of it. when mixed 1/2 or even quarter (sludge) to 1/2-3/4 39, it becomes even closer to Bobas.

I am now selling ALL of the vapes I've acquired in the long wait and search, and just keep these 2 in stock, refilling to whatever ratio I want. As long as neither you nor their flavors change again anytime soon, that's pretty much my go to ADV for the foreseeable future.
I just ordered some 39 , still have some bobas siting around. I find that its missing the sweet raison note as well. I cut mine in tank with boyds bounty and I find it more enjoyable. Only problem is that its hard to get boyds.

Reactions: Jshill520

FerrariRed_82

Jun 4, 2016
So apparently is you mix Flavor 39 with Sludge from Heather's Heavenly Vapes you get a juice similar in flavor to Boba's. Ive never had Sludge personally but, Ive heard it adds that sort of raisin/prune flavor that was prominent In BB. I would also think adding a juice with Graham cracker or mabye Gingerbread notes that may also help. You would think after all this time there would be some sort of legit replacement but, there's always hope. Doesn't matter what I vape these days nothing compares to Boba's Bounty.

Reactions: jifjifjif

Jshill520

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2012
Cumberland, MD
So apparently is you mix Flavor 39 with Sludge from Heather's Heavenly Vapes you get a juice similar in flavor to Boba's. Ive never had Sludge personally but, Ive heard it adds that sort of raisin/prune flavor that was prominent In BB. I would also think adding a juice with Graham cracker or mabye Gingerbread notes that may also help. You would think after all this time there would be some sort of legit replacement but, there's always hope. Doesn't matter what I vape these days nothing compares to Boba's Bounty.
I can guarantee that sludge or anything else from hhv is nowhere close to bobas. Even with mixing. Just trying to save anyone the hassle of wasting more money on a pipe dream.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread