Flavor breakdowns

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
As far as I know, there is no such "breakdown of taste" for all flavors. First, it would be a nearly impossible task, or at the very least...extremely time consuming for someone to make such a thing. There are probably literally thousands of flavorings made by all the different manufacturers. Second, since everyone's tastes are different, there would be no way to say any flavoring would have the same taste for ALL people...as it did for the person who complied the breakdown.

However, many manufacturers (TFA, CAP, etc.) will give a description of each flavoring on their own websites and/or have it also on other websites that sell their flavorings. Sometimes they'll have info. on how strong or concentrated it is, or if it is a creamy version of the flavor, or it's on the sour side, or if it's sweet or not, etc., etc. Very often with fruit flavorings in particular, they may say whether it tastes like the fruit when it's ripe, or if it's slightly tart, etc.

If you're just starting out with DIY, the best and first thing to do, is to find recipes that sound good to you...that you'd like to make. Then buy the flavorings necessary to make them. You are always able to "tweak" them to your own liking...by decreasing the amount of a flavoring or several, as well as increasing the amount of one or more, too.

It is not recommended that you try "making up your own" recipes until you get a very good handle on DIY by making some recipes you find, learning about the types of flavorings used in recipes (primary ones, secondary ones, accents, additives, etc.), and how each type helps to make the recipe its best. Aging or steeping the eliquids you make will also have an effect on their taste, how flavors will develop and change, etc. There is more to learn as you go along, too, by making other people's recipes, before you try making up your own.

You might want to take a look at several very good and informative threads/discussions on here, that are chock full of recipes and usually comments from people who've made them. One is called "Recipes for Dummies" and it's found right here in the DIY e-liquid forum. Another is the eliquid Recipes subforum found at the top of the first page of the DIY e-liquid forum.

Don't hesitate to browse the many many discussions in here either. You'll most likely find lots of them that may deal with the same questions you're having, too. But by all means, feel free to ask questions on here, too. There are many very helpful and knowledgeable people on here who will do all they can to answer them and help you.

Last edited:

BrotherBob

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 24, 2014
Sunnyvale,CA,USA
Good Morning Everyone ! Where can I find information on each flavor to be able to get an idea of its breakdown in tastes to help me when I am making a recipe? Or is there such a thing here ? I am a new enough mixer to also ask dumb questions hahaha...
These may help:
http://forum...................../u.../7e11864d5abacd5bea3420f033ab6f05f28884d1.png
http://www.thevaperstable.com/diy/e-liquid-flavour-pairing
Mixing e-liquid, for me, is very similar to cooking but is different. I found that each flavor really needs to be evaluated by my taste buds, on it's own, before I used it in a mix. After I mix a known recipe, I will often go back and add or subtract flavors or increase/decrease percentages to my taste. This baby steps approach works well for me.
Might want to read through @dannyv45 blog to get a real feel for mixing:
dannyv45's blog | E-Cigarette Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread