Flavor combinations help please

Status
Not open for further replies.

guava

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2010
ca
I don't think any of us can top the combinations Geoff has created, so I would suggest trying some of his premium flavors (which are flavor combinations). There is a darned good reason TV is so popular. :)

I've had a few good DYI flavor combos from TV such as Orange/Lime and also Lemonade with Pineapple & Raspberry.

Combining some TV premium flavors are also oftentimes delicious!

The TV staff are willing to discuss flavors, so if you are shooting for any particular flavor I think an online chat on their website would be beneficial.

:)

markimar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Orlando
I agree to the above! The premium flavors are tried and true. For beginners to tastyvapor I recommend sticking with premiums then venturing into DIY. I've had my share of bad choices. Also keep in mind DIY you can only do 3 flavors most of the premiums have up to 5 or more in the mix . So you get some great spot on flavors with subtle notes.

ChloeEranu

ECF Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
Laurel, MT
I haven't tried the CYO option yet.. I haven't been vaping long enough to get through all of the premiums :). However, I agree with guava's suggestion about mixing some of the premiums. Cafe Macchiato and Bananas Foster mix amazingly well. I also love Waffle mixed with TastyFinger. I just received my Dulce de Leche.. in a few weeks (after it steeps) I will start mixing that with some juices for that little something extra. My absolute favorite is the customizable cupcake, though. For my cupcake I chose vanilla custard and butter cream. Yum! I have vaped a little over 150mls of it and still haven't grown tired of it.

~C

Moshmarr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 2, 2010
Minneapolis
I agree, the premium flavors are the way to go, starting out. The best way to experience the mixing mastery!
Some CYO flavors I have enjoyed, however,
Raspberry Lemonade (both flavors are quite good alone as well)
Tobacco Caramel Vanilla
Grape Menthol
Double Chocolate Caramel Peanut Butter
- and I really liked Bubblegum Watermelon too!

Mr. Tasty Vapor

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Well, rule of thumb with combinations (Customize Your Own) and since taste is subjective, at first it's good to stick with flavors you know and like. You're always welcome to call us and discuss with us, but it helps us to first know which flavors strike your fancy. Asking us "well, what's good?" doesn't really help us as only you know what YOU like, we know what we like.

Also, flavors vary in strength, so it helps us to know when doing a custom mix which flavors you want more prominent than others, then we can translate that here, depending on the strength of the flavoring, how to accommodate your request.

Some people are fine with just choosing and leaving it to us to do the gauging of the flavors. If there is a combination that gets ordered, say Peanut Butter/Wintergreen/Lime, of course, you'll get a call from us just to make sure this is what you want, OR if this is the bottle of liquid you're daring your friends to vape just to see the repulsed look on their faces.

Last edited:

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!
wow i love this weeks special......so this atomic cinnacide addict has got to venture out......any suggestions?
i like very strong flavors, anything cinnamon, pear, cherry, tobacco,...
i have always wanted to order almond horn....but its not on special. is the "almond" on the CYO anything like almond horn? or can you even create your own almond horn? i heard it tastes like marzipan which i looooooooooooooooooooove!

Woot! CYO flavors on special this week!

markimar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2010
Orlando
If I'm not mistaken and correct me if I'm wrong geoff. The ameretto flavor is more martian flavor than plain almond. For my taste I try to add a flavor that tends to mellow things out. Like vanilla, vanilla custard, dairy. For me I can't vape straight fruit. Even my fav bubblegum watermelon has one hell of a kick for me, but I love it sooo much! It's always in one of my PV's. I love raspberry so I ventured out and did a raspberry bubblegum. Keep in mind that flavors like almond horn are complex and have more than just 3 flavors.

WhatAClumsyGirl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 1, 2009
Mtns of Tennessee
A few suggestions of things I've tried that are great :

Peppermint with sweetener is a candy cane flavor.....i vape it alot. It's a strong and satisfying vape.

I also Love Geoff's Wintergreen just plain.

I also like Watermelon with Menthol.

Pear / Cinnamon is also a great flavor mixed.

Pineapple/Orange is good too.

Last edited:

texastumbleweed

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 17, 2008
DEEP IN THE HEART OF TEXAS!
oh yeah..cinnamon pear is such an incredible flavor mixture. i vape that often from my local supplier...will have to try TV's...

A few suggestions of things I've tried that are great :

Peppermint with sweetener is a candy cane flavor.....i vape it alot. It's a strong and satisfying vape.

I also Love Geoff's Wintergreen just plain.

I also like Watermelon with Menthol.

Pear / Cinnamon is also a great flavor mixed.

Pineapple/Orange is good too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread