Flavor descriptions....

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by JMK67, Oct 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. JMK67

JMK67 Full Member Verified Member

Why do e-juice vendors think that they don't owe the people spending their hard earned money a description of the flavor they are buying? Do they think everyone wants a surprise when they fill their tanks? I've seen them actually say TRY TO FIGURE IT OUT. Now I've found a vendor that won't even tell me the VG/PG ratio for fear of being copied????

2. venemous

venemous Senior Member ECF Veteran

I find this annoying too. At least give me a general description like " flavors of x and y with something special". The pg/vg ratio thing drives me nuts since I can't vape anything over 50% pg.

3. EdOz

EdOz Full Member

Maybe just too lazy to write a description. ;) seriously, wine companies actually hire people whose sole job is to write those wine descriptions you read at the store..

4. Caridwen

Caridwen ECF Moderator Senior Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I agree.

5. Susan W.

Susan W. Provarinati in fideliam ☆ Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    I agree too on some descriptions. I hate it when I get a picture of a monster or something and I have to click on it to get a description and then it's so brief, there's no telling what the flavor is.

6. xtwosm0kesx

xtwosm0kesx Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

They really should at least give the % mix numbers, always annoying when its not listed/available.

7. JonnyB88

JonnyB88 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I absolutely hate it.

Why would I spend money on that if I have ZERO clue what it's going to taste like?! Especially on juices that have zero reviews, or the reviews they DO have, the user makes no mention of the flavor.

And obviously, the above is just an amalgamation of many juices from many vendors.

8. Mohamed

Mohamed Super Member ECF Veteran

I agree. I was in another thread called All Day Vapes or something similar to that. From all of the different names I had no clue what they were supposed to taste like. Apparently they want you to research from other users what it tastes like. For instance Boba's Bounty (I think) was on quite a few of people's all day vape. I researched it and so many people have differing opinions as to what it tastes like. And apparently it tastes differently as it ages...maybe that's why they don't give a description?

Still be nice to have a general idea if it was in the tobacco, fruit, or sweet category though.

9. vapolizer

vapolizer Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Yep cause if i bought some cause the name was appealing and it tasted like cat p i would be UPset !! Im just saying Vape On

10. JMK67

So they lied to you and owe you a refund JonnyB88! :confused:

11. Carla Sebrina Spahos

Carla Sebrina Spahos Senior Member ECF Veteran

There's so many juices I won't try because of lack of description. And it seems like the reviewers are in on it, as well because I can't even get an idea of what it tastes like when all the reviews say, "this is awesome! I poured some into my Protank and now it's my ADV!"

Seriously... why bother?

12. JMK67

Has anyone tasted something foul in a company's liquid, every flavor, and you seem to be the only person that tastes it?
    Spinfuel magazine gives it their highest award, and nobody says anything about a taste or smell that is in every flavor? I'm guessing it must be a base they use? I have whole orders from 3 or 4 companies that are unusable in my opinion, but others rave about them... The cheap company's liquid all tastes like it has dishwashing detergent in it, for example.

13. wbart

wbart Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I have had that issue as well... I had one juice that actually made me ill. It is a B&M not around me though

14. Caridwen

Caridwen ECF Moderator Senior Moderator Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Yes, a lot of the bigger suppliers have very unique bases. Either you're going to love it or hate it.

15. Mohamed

Mohamed Super Member ECF Veteran

Care to shed some light on that...i figured the base was nic% and PG/VG ratio? What do you mean by base?

16. MrGimp

MrGimp Senior Member ECF Veteran

El Dorado Hills, California, United States
    even for the juices that supposedly change as the age like Bobba's Bounty (for the record I have never tried it) where everyones decription is different. They sure as hell know what they put into it, or I HOPE they do, why not say has X, and y plus a trade secret? Another is Gorrilla joe, is that banana coffee? but the worst I have seen is PC hype no description at all. And i'm not picking on AV there's also things like:
    DEADLY SIN
    A sweet, bakery tobacco vape. A description will never do this one justice. It's my all day vape. It's become the only juice I vape. Some flavors are made for each other and blend perfectly.

Unless they is NO consistency in the juices make up TELL ME what i'm paying for, or make it seem worth my while to gambleI.E. Mystery flavor SAVE $2 per ML, but you get what you get.. unlabeled XPG/YVG zzMG/ML juice..

17. rd2ruin

rd2ruin Full Member

Doesn't Spinfuel give everybody their highest award? :blink:

I have fallen for a couple of these 'GUESS WHAT IT IS!' juices, and it turns out it's always hazelnut.

18. Susan W.

Susan W. Provarinati in fideliam ☆ Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    No, but I can use plastic clearos and not taste the plastic either. And metal drip tips don't bother me either. That's not to say what you're saying isn't true, it's just that my taste isn't that acute.

I'm not understanding the Spinfuel magazine awards. Seems like the ads and sponsors are the juices they reviewed.

19. glointhedark

glointhedark Super Member ECF Veteran

Sorry. Meant to add that both juices were 18 nic. I got 2 of the Maple Rum Tobacco - one 5 ml that I ordered at 50/50 pg/vg, one 5 ml was a free sample at 100 pg. The Vapor Room French Toast was 80 pg/20 vg.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.