Flavor West DIY flavor review

Status
Not open for further replies.

gtseng

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
CA
Mtbakervapor has them at $2.99 for 15 ml. Better deal assuming the concentration is the same.

all i've tried so far is

Orange (~5%) 4.5/5 very true flavor. Shake well.

I am planning a fairly large order of samples from diyjuice (FW's Sampler site, 7.5ml for $2.75). http://flavorwest.com/ is there main site, great prices, but large bottles.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
Great idea gtseng. After being at this quite some time I have found that I like Flavor West alot not every single flavor but many of them have proven useful. For anybody looking for combo flavors that you may have tried and liked of their juice company's vapor renu's juice or mtbakervaper they do offer the combo flavors in smaller sizes at diyjuice.com---same company smaller samples.

Since this has allready be rehashed and verified---vapor renu, diyjuice.com and Flavorwest are all the same people originating from the same address and there is no difference in strengths if you buy it directly from them.

Subscribing and right off the bat I will say I like Ecto, Gummy Bears, Swedish Fish, Caramel Candy, Butterscotch and Red Pop in their single flavors and vape them alot sometimes tweaked with other flavors. The other drink flavors like Red Bull and the Root Beers are pretty good too once you get your magic percentage down pat and do a good steep. I use their cotton candy as my EM solution all the time too.

Just mixed up two of their combos the other nite Smores and Caramel Mochacinno I think it is and will report back on those after they steep. I bought at least 8 of the combos.

Last edited:

Baums

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2013
NY
Great idea gtseng. After being at this quite some time I have found that I like Flavor West alot not every single flavor but many of them have proven useful. For anybody looking for combo flavors that you may have tried and liked of their juice company's vapor renu's juice or mtbakervaper they do offer the combo flavors in smaller sizes at diyjuice.com---same company smaller samples.

Since this has allready be rehashed and verified---vapor renu, diyjuice.com and Flavorwest are all the same people originating from the same address and there is no difference in strengths if you buy it directly from them.

Subscribing and right off the bat I will say I like Ecto, Gummy Bears, Swedish Fish, Caramel Candy, Butterscotch and Red Pop in their single flavors and vape them alot sometimes tweaked with other flavors. The other drink flavors like Red Bull and the Root Beers are pretty good too once you get your magic percentage down pat and do a good steep. I use their cotton candy as my EM solution all the time too.

Just mixed up two of their combos the other nite Smores and Caramel Mochacinno I think it is and will report back on those after they steep. I bought at least 8 of the combos.

Wow I was so excited about diyjuice as you mentioned until I got there and saw the prices. 2.75 for 7.5 ml? Ouch. Strange when they sell 4 oz for 6.78 on their site. That would be what, 44 bucks for the 4 oz at diyjuice. Too bad they weren't more reasonable.

DuaneNeveu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 3, 2012
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Wow, I never went above 10% with any I've tried so far. I'd suggest starting at 5% and working up. 20% start could be too much and actually reducing the flavor.
So it's not just me! Whenever I've seen someone posting about a Flavor West mix (or any other) at 25-30%, I've sat here dumbfounded, wondering how vaping that doesn't make them retch. I've got 76 different flavourings in my vape pantry (representing 4 different brands), and I've never found it necessary to mix any one of them above 16 percent!

Wow I was so excited about diyjuice as you mentioned until I got there and saw the prices. 2.75 for 7.5 ml? Ouch. Strange when they sell 4 oz for 6.78 on their site. That would be what, 44 bucks for the 4 oz at diyjuice. Too bad they weren't more reasonable.

Here in Canada (from my "go to" supplier), I pay $4.49 for 10ml of flavour, which is almost $0.10 more per milliliter than the price you quoted. It's certainly still cheaper than buying ready-to-vape juice from anybody, and I make my peace with it that way.

Baums

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2013
NY
Here in Canada (from my "go to" supplier), I pay $4.49 for 10ml of flavour, which is almost $0.10 more per milliliter than the price you quoted. It's certainly still cheaper than buying ready-to-vape juice from anybody, and I make my peace with it that way.

I'm not saying its expensive when comparing to ready made juice. I am not even saying its expensive in general terms. Really was commenting on the discrepancy between their regular site and that site. If they are run by the same people, I don't see why the big difference. I didn't really want to buy 4oz, but would love say, 30 ml. That's all I meant by that.

Now after that, I did check out Vapor Renu which has the combos for something like 6.50 for 30ml. Perfect!

Reactions: VegasVaap

akatina

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2013
Greenville, SC
I have FW concentrates from MBV: root beer, cinnamon roll, spearmint, cotton candy, and extreme ice. As mentioned above, I use the cotton candy as a EM sweetener and it does the job well. I personally love the root beer and don't feel it needs much of a steep. I also don't sweeten it, I like it as is. The mints can go from flavorful to bitter quickly if the percents are too high, so start low. I mixed up a haphazard 0nic cotton candy with extreme ice last night and it's a tasty combo.

Gummy Bare

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2012
San Diego, California
i'm finding some of the flavor west flavorings i have gotten to be extreamly strong... not sure about the high percentages in some of the post in this thread.

I only have a few, so far here is my list:
cotton candy = at %4 in a %12 mix with blueberry from another vendor... all i cou taste was cotton candy.

lemonade = holly smokes this is strong, made a first batch at %10 lemonde and %5 strawberry. Couldnt event tatse the strawberry and the lemonade was way way way to strong.

sweedish fish = havn't tried it yet

sweetener = not sure about this, %1 seems about right for some mixes. Someone on this forum said they use it at %10, i tried that and almost puked. There's a fine line in this sweetener between having a little extra kick of sweetness, and having a disgusting taste to your juice. If you do to high, it doesn't translate as sweet at that point, just some weird chemical taste.

Needless to say I’m rethinking my whole DIY way of mixing... I am now no longer listening to anyone on forums as far as what percentages they use. I'm using a method I read the other day were I’m starting with 4ml batches and %2.5 flavoring, then adding small amounts from there until I get to where it needs to be. I'm doing these batches with 50/50 PG/VG premix with no NIC. Once I find the correct percentage for flavorings, then I go back and make a bigger batch with NIC in it and let steep for a week. Do some more taste tests, and then make the first final batch.

I’m finding that if something tastes bad, it’s because there’s too much flavoring in it. If there’s too little flavoring in something, it doesn’t taste bad… it just tastes weak.
k.

gtseng

Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
CA
Hi, Shilo, can you share your % for those FW flavors that you like?
Also, what combo flavor you have tried and like?

bckane

ECF Veteran
Feb 11, 2013
miramar Fl
I was wondering the same thing, because Ive seen different in prices for flavor west from different vendors.
from One Stop Diy Shop 6ml $1.50
from Flavor West 4ml $6.78
from MBV 15ml $2.95
Im think the cheaper vendors cut there flavors with something

Has anyone confirmed if MBV and FW have the diy flavors at the same concentrations?

solardrgn

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2009
socal
I was wondering the same thing, because Ive seen different in prices for flavor west from different vendors.
from One Stop Diy Shop 6ml $1.50
from Flavor West 4ml $6.78
from MBV 15ml $2.95
Im think the cheaper vendors cut there flavors with something

i think youre getting mixed up a little, buying from FW directly is 4oz or about 240ml

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread