Status
Not open for further replies.

Capt.shay

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2013
W. Ma. U.S.A.
I can't find any local but I'm gonna keep searching. I only have 2 30ml glass bottles now, it would be nice to have a couple so i could steep a bunch of juice at one time

Check your local health food/vitamin type store. People use them to make holistic tinctures and such. That was where I got a few 30 Ml cobalt dropper bottles before I broke down and E-Bay-ed a dozen.

P.S. Baby food jars are marvelous things :)

Reactions: Kenna

Bman123

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2014
Akron Ohio
What brand were you vaping before? I'd love to get a good crunch berry or fruity pebble juice.
I tried the vapewild crunchberry e liquid pre mix and it was terrible.
The local shop has fruity COPYRIGHTDMCA and it's really good but it's $6 per 10ml and since I started diy there's no way I'd pay that much for 10ml

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Upstomp created Crunch Berries first. Everyone had a copy within a month.
I like it but many people love it. Crunch Berries 30ml 12mg Nic @ L Js E-Smokes

LJ's also carries his extremely popular Christmas Morning (they call it Peppermint Latte).
He'd been trying to create a coffee flavor that he likes for over 4 years and he finally nailed it late last year.
I always have Christmas Morning going in a tank. It would be my ADEDV if I didn't DIY.

Last edited:

FATKAT

Verified Member
Sep 28, 2014
Georgia
So I have purchased some FW flavorings, one is Banana Split. First go was with 20% flavor and it was way too much. Second go was with 10% and is much better but it seems to be missing something that I can't put my finger on.
I also got Banana Nut Bread and was surprised at how dark the flavor is. My first attempt was the same as above and now the second at 10% seems to still be too much flavor. I will go to maybe 5% or 7% on the next attempt.

The aroma from both is great but taste is a little off. I may also let them sit longer the next time. The local Vape Shop has a Banana Milk Shake flavor that I like and I want to try to find the flavor for that so I have ordered more FW sample sizes with Banana flavor along with a bunch of cream flavors that I am waiting on. This may turn out ok just got to keep playing around I suppose.

Anyone have suggestions for using the flavors I have already?

At the moment I am mixing 50/50 at 3mg/ml Nic. Nic is from My Freedom Smokes (100 mg/ml) and VG/PG is from Flavor West

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Could you explain your reasoning on this? Why the higher percentage in warm weather?

Higher VG needs a higher flavor %.

My 40/60 PG/VG wasn't wicking while walking the dogs this winter so I bumped it to 50/50.
It made a surprisingly significant difference.
I still need to keep my hand wrapped around my tank and switch hands often when it's in the single digits.

lirruping

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
Vieques
Higher VG needs a higher flavor %.

My 40/60 PG/VG wasn't wicking while walking the dogs this winter so I bumped it to 50/50.
It made a surprisingly significant difference.
I still need to keep my hand wrapped around my tank and switch hands often when it's in the single digits.

I have certainly heard this before--about VG needing additional flavoring--but have not found it to be the case at all in my own DIY. I wonder if the fact that I never mix or vape at any temperature below about 75 degrees F could have something to do with it.

Last edited:

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I have certainly heard this before--about VG needing additional flavoring--but have not found it to be the case at all in my own DIY. I wonder if the fact that I never mix or vape at any temperature below about 75 degrees F could have something to do with it.

Man, I can't leave any liquid in the cold or it just turns to goop. Not like 100% VG, but like goop. It's probably 2x as thick as normal 100% VG. It doesn't take long to warm up and thin out, but it happens to me if I am outside too long or if I leave a bottle in a car. My liquids are generally 50% or higher in VG though.

lirruping

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
Vieques
Man, I can't leave any liquid in the cold or it just turns to goop. Not like 100% VG, but like goop. It's probably 2x as thick as normal 100% VG. It doesn't take long to warm up and thin out, but it happens to me if I am outside too long or if I leave a bottle in a car. My liquids are generally 50% or higher in VG though.

My nicotine is in 100% VG, and the first time I took it out of the freezer to mix with it, it was so thick I broke an 18 gauge needle trying to expel it from the syringe--not the metal part of the needle, but the needle bit came popping and into the bottle I was mixing base in. I learned:

- to be more patient and wait until it comes to room temperature and
- that I don't really want that needle tip on there anyway (it's still floating in the bottle of base, lol) except possibly for the additional reach into narrow-necked bottles it gives.

Oh, I also spilled a good bit during that same fiasco - probably 1/16th of my liter blurbed out all over the sink when I overfilled an amber bottle in poor lighting conditions. Live and learn :)

lirruping

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
Vieques
Can someone familiar with FW Mango (or other mango flavors for that matter) give me an opinion on which mango I should use to achieve a somewhat candied-yet-tart effect? The juice I'm hoping to end up with has peach, mango, raspberry, probably vanilla and a small percentage of cake or cream base. It is extremely sweet, but with a definite tang, which I believe comes from the mango flavoring in it.

Or, if you just want to say your experience with what FW Mango is like, that would be extremely helpful too. Thanks.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Can someone familiar with FW Mango (or other mango flavors for that matter) give me an opinion on which mango I should use to achieve a somewhat candied-yet-tart effect? The juice I'm hoping to end up with has peach, mango, raspberry, probably vanilla and a small percentage of cake or cream base. It is extremely sweet, but with a definite tang, which I believe comes from the mango flavoring in it.

Or, if you just want to say your experience with what FW Mango is like, that would be extremely helpful too. Thanks.

For me, the best mango I've had is Sweet Mango from Capella. And what's cool about it is that it is really strong. I can use as little as .4% and still have a really strong flavor of mango. I've seen some use it all the way to 4-5%, but to me that's overkill. YMMV. For the tart or tang that you are looking for, you could try to use TPA's Sweet/Tart (?). I've never used that, but supposedly it can be used to give that tang effect you are talking about (if I have my info correct).

lirruping

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2014
Vieques
For me, the best mango I've had is Sweet Mango from Capella. And what's cool about it is that it is really strong. I can use as little as .4% and still have a really strong flavor of mango. I've seen some use it all the way to 4-5%, but to me that's overkill. YMMV. For the tart or tang that you are looking for, you could try to use TPA's Sweet/Tart (?). I've never used that, but supposedly it can be used to give that tang effect you are talking about (if I have my info correct).
I will give this a try, and probably also the TFA version. WTH, maybe even FW. If I can justify an order of one flavor, I can always manage to justify more, because of shipping. :) I have to go through and remind myself which place has the cheapest Capellas. What is the name of the place that sells rebottled Caps as "Ella's"--anyone remember?

tfa sweeTart is more like Smarties candy to me. I may need some citrus or mt. dew in there to replicate the tang I want. I'll just have to mess around a bit. If I can do it, though, I'll be a super happy camper. The juice I want to make isn't anything particularly well known, but it's SO delicious.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread