Not open for further replies.

rasmith1959

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2013
Guthrie, OK
Shame this thread played out.
I

I'll say! Just stumbled on it myself. I have some Flavor West Bannana split steeping right now, eight days old, should be about ready. Was hoping to find tips and tricks to jazz it up a little!

Well we can always keep it going...

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
Glad to see this thread come back alive.
I just ordered 3 new to me FW flavors: Boom, Jawbreaker, and Shirley Temple and will post my findings after trying them out.
Anyone tried these?

It seems difficult to get flavor descriptions for FW.
My last trial was Unicorn Vomit. No description mentioned watermelon - arghh - if you like watermelon - which I don't - UV might be a good flavor.

jleeper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Dallas, TX
I'll say! Just stumbled on it myself. I have some Flavor West Bannana split steeping right now, eight days old, should be about ready. Was hoping to find tips and tricks to jazz it up a little!

I added just few drops of Acetyl Pyrazine 5% (TFA) to 10ml of 15% Banana Split. it adds a nice nutty bottom note to the Banana Split that really rounds it out. I think it was three drops.

I find that, for me, the Banana Split is a shake-and-vape. i generally start using it as soon as I mix it and I don't find any improvement by letting it age. Actully, I find most FW to be shake-and-vape.

Canno

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2014
SE Tennessee, USA
When I first started DIY I bought some Yellow Cake thinking of mixing it with other flavors trying to come up with something. No great inspiration came so the other day I just mixed some as a stand alone. I was pleasantly surprised, mixed up a 90 ml. bottle this morning. Kind of a nice break from all the fruity stuff. Did 12.5 % at about 70/30 pg/vg. I vape mostly a tobacco flavor but had to stray from FW on that one. All my other flavors are FW though. I like em.

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
It's been steeping for eleven days now. Tried it yesterday, one at 15%, one at 20%. I know that's high, but I do like stronger flavors. I'm giving this a shot because a friend of mine loves church. I looked into it, common opinion is it's mainly FW Bannana Split. All I really got was sweet banana. It was good, but not church. I ordered a bottle of Cosmic Fogs church, it has a terrific hot fudge taste to me. As you can tell, DIY isn't really my area :blush:, I mainly do it just to save money on juice. I have some wonderful recipes from the pros who were kind enough to share. I'm just playing around with this.

Reactions: Kenna

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
I added just few drops of Acetyl Pyrazine 5% (TFA) to 10ml of 15% Banana Split. it adds a nice nutty bottom note to the Banana Split that really rounds it out. I think it was three drops.

I find that, for me, the Banana Split is a shake-and-vape. i generally start using it as soon as I mix it and I don't find any improvement by letting it age. Actully, I find most FW to be shake-and-vape.
I didn't know it was shake in vape. I've been waiting forever to try this stuff! Oh man, wish I had known that before :oops:. I do have Acetyl Pyrazine 5%, I'll sure give it a try! Thanks!

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
Glad to see this thread come back alive.
I just ordered 3 new to me FW flavors: Boom, Jawbreaker, and Shirley Temple and will post my findings after trying them out.
Anyone tried these?

It seems difficult to get flavor descriptions for FW.
My last trial was Unicorn Vomit. No description mentioned watermelon - arghh - if you like watermelon - which I don't - UV might be a good flavor.
I love watermelon! I'm vapeing it right now! I had no idea Unicorn Vomit tasted like watermelon. Could you, or anyone who's had this go into more detail? If it's a watermelon flavor I'll have to order some. I just mix my watermelon with whipped cream, it's good, but would love to try something new.

jleeper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Dallas, TX
It's been steeping for eleven days now. Tried it yesterday, one at 15%, one at 20%. I know that's high, but I do like stronger flavors. I'm giving this a shot because a friend of mine loves church. I looked into it, common opinion is it's mainly FW Bannana Split. All I really got was sweet banana. It was good, but not church. I ordered a bottle of Cosmic Fogs church, it has a terrific hot fudge taste to me. As you can tell, DIY isn't really my area :blush:, I mainly do it just to save money on juice. I have some wonderful recipes from the pros who were kind enough to share. I'm just playing around with this.

When you've added the Acetyl Pyrazine 5%, let us know how it compares to Church. It's been a while since I've had a bottle of Church and my taste memory isn't that great. My take is that the AP does get it closer to Church, but not all the way there.

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
When you've added the Acetyl Pyrazine 5%, let us know how it compares to Church. It's been a while since I've had a bottle of Church and my taste memory isn't that great. My take is that the AP does get it closer to Church, but not all the way there.
I'm going to add it when I get home tonight. I'll keep ya posted ;)

westhc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area, CA, USA
I love watermelon! I'm vapeing it right now! I had no idea Unicorn Vomit tasted like watermelon. Could you, or anyone who's had this go into more detail? If it's a watermelon flavor I'll have to order some. I just mix my watermelon with whipped cream, it's good, but would love to try something new.
Sorry I can't give you more information other than it is a fruit blend. As soon as I tasted watermelon, the primary flavor, I stopped evaluating Unicorn Vomit. My notes say Watermelon-NO.
The 1 review on the FW site says "A nice change from sweet fruit juices vapes ,it's kind of tart with lots of flavor after tones".
Perhaps someone else can give a better flavor description.

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
Sorry I can't give you more information other than it is a fruit blend. As soon as I tasted watermelon, the primary flavor, I stopped evaluating Unicorn Vomit. My notes say Watermelon-NO.
The 1 review on the FW site says "A nice change from sweet fruit juices vapes ,it's kind of tart with lots of flavor after tones".
Perhaps someone else can give a better flavor description.
No problem, I looked into more reviews, found out people compare it to a watermelon Jolly Rancher. Long story short, my order is already on the way! I would have never know if I hadn't found this thread. Thanks for the info!

jleeper

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Dallas, TX
I was thinking that it would be nice if the FW site had more reviews. Then I realized that I hadn't given any myself. Maybe I will.

I don't bother with reviews on vendor sites, unless I'm very sure the reviews aren't edited or removed by the vendor. Ordered some juice before I did DIY based on vendor site reviews; got some real bummers.

Jugband

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
PA, USA
Okay, I added the Acetyl Pyrazine 5% last night. I let it sit overnight, cap off. Gave it a good minute shake. Just loaded some in my Reo. You were right! Definitely closer to Church. The only thing I would say is still off, Church seems to have a richer sweeter flavor. It's not bad at all though! This is exactly what I did, 70/30 PG/VG mix, 6mg nic, 15% FW Bannana Split, 3 drops per 10ml of AP. I made a 60ml bottle. It's very close, but not exact. Thanks for the tip! Helped!
Just tried it again, big difference is, without the Acetyl Pyrazine I was mainly getting BANNANA! Now I'm getting more of a Bannana Split.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread