Status
Not open for further replies.

baseballmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
SE PA
sincemylastcigarette.com
@baseballmom have you got any notes on the Cake Batter Dip yet? Percentages?

I recently got a bottle and it smells divine! Only used it in a couple recipes so far (at 3% with some white choc), steeping at the moment.
It smells to me like a nicer version of TFA's Vanilla Cupcake.

Hoping it will be as amazing as it smells.

I've only tried solos,(15% and and at lower %)but I absolutely love that stuff!!! It's just a lovely tasty cake-ish-icing-animal cracker flavoring that I think is better than a lot of other bakery type flavors...so.darn.good.so delicious. Even on it's own...my older son smelled it and was like mom, you made this(!!!before mixed in flavor bottle), this smells really good, told him it's just one flavor alone. Oh I can imagine it'll be great with white chocolate, I really got to play around with it more soon.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I've only tried solos,(15% and and at lower %)but I absolutely love that stuff!!! It's just a lovely tasty cake-ish-icing-animal cracker flavoring that I think is better than a lot of other bakery type flavors...so.darn.good.so delicious. Even on it's own...my older son smelled it and was like mom, you made this(!!!), this smells really good, told him it's just one flavor alone. Oh I can imagine it'll be great with white chocolate, I really got to play around with it more soon.
Glad to hear that. I had heard good things about it so I got a 30 ml bottle :)

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Hmm perhaps that is why I like CAP and FW better than Inawera and TFA so far. Too much chemical taste in those for me.

Well i know Inawera is rated very highly for flavorings , don't know much about most of their offerings though , supposedly on of the highest in concentration as well .

Many say FW and Especially Capella are (in general ) sweeter tasting flavorings than many others , maybe you like that , many do .

I have a few FW , every flavoring company has certain flavorings that many consider better than everyone else's , thats why it's a good idea to not just use flavorings from a single company but try a few from different ones.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Got a bottle of that Shisha Strawberry, horrible stuff to me. Very chemical. Cursed taste buds....

Wow, seems people are loving that one from the talk i have seen . Never tried it though , Medicine Flower flavors are what a lot of talk is about now since ECX started carrying it.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Well i know Inawera is rated very highly for flavorings , don't know much about most of their offerings though , supposedly on of the highest in concentration as well .

Many say FW and Especially Capella are (in general ) sweeter tasting flavorings than many others , maybe you like that , many do .

I have a few FW , every flavoring company has certain flavorings that many consider better than everyone else's , thats why it's a good idea to not just use flavorings from a single company but try a few from different ones.

Ohh I tired several TFA flavors and several Inawera flavorings. Wound up trashing them all except for TFA Brown Sugar. I would start at 1% flavor and work up. Just chemical taste. I have only had to trash a couple of the CAP and FA flavorings so far.

I do have the bitter gene for tasting and can tolerate no artificial sweeteners I guess that is why I am sensitive to many flavorings. I only found one commercial ejuice I could tolerate. It was an elcheapo tobacco flavor. I have actual physical reactions to some commercial flavorings and juices. Will actually swell up my mouth some and be very uncomfortable for a few days with no sense of taste at all.
I learned that if a juice or flavoring makes my lips tingle throw it out.
Just a curse I bear.

One thing for sure if I like how something tastes virtually everyone who tries it likes it unless they just do not care for that particular flavor.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Ohh I tired several TFA flavors and several Inawera flavorings. Wound up trashing them all except for TFA Brown Sugar. I would start at 1% flavor and work up. Just chemical taste. I have only had to trash a couple of the CAP and FA flavorings so far.

I do have the bitter gene for tasting and can tolerate no artificial sweeteners I guess that is why I am sensitive to many flavorings. I only found one commercial ejuice I could tolerate. It was an elcheapo tobacco flavor. I have actual physical reactions to some commercial flavorings and juices. Will actually swell up my mouth some and be very uncomfortable for a few days with no sense of taste at all.
I learned that if a juice or flavoring makes my lips tingle throw it out.
Just a curse I bear.

Wow, thats something i never heard of before , that makes things much more difficult for you no doubt about it. Maybe Natures Flavors which i believe is organic but i never tried them.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Wow, thats something i never heard of before , that makes things much more difficult for you no doubt about it. Maybe Natures Flavors which i believe is organic but i never tried them.
The ones I have tried are ok and for fruit flavors I like Flavor Concentrates brand. No artificial ingredients at all and the flavor never goes wierd on you add more the flavor just gets stronger. Their blueberry is fantastic.

CAP Vanilla Custard V1 at 4% is my current ADV. With just a bit of CAP Vanilla Whipped Cream in there.
Most people tend to mix CAP VC1 at around 10% or more. Just horrible to me at that concentration.

Reactions: Kenna

baseballmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
SE PA
sincemylastcigarette.com

I like their raspberry especially mixed with fw razzleberry, don't like biscuit even though many love it, even diluted, it just tastes weird and I can't get to work in my mixes right.

Yes, I noticed with these two, I don't need to add any sweeteners so far, know reply was to rc, but I noticed this too...I do like the prices too and I seem to like the domestic flavors over the imported ones so far.

This is very true, each has gems and duds...takes some trial and error finding...took time finding good raspberries, working on my preferred vanillas. I don't like fw cantaloupe, and coconut cream pie wasn't all that for me...plenty of tfa I don't like either, even fa(bilberry for me is sweaty socks flavor)...plenty I do like though that others don't too.

Wow, seems people are loving that one from the talk i have seen . Never tried it though , Medicine Flower flavors are what a lot of talk is about now since ECX started carrying it.

Have seen love for mf/lotus on other forums, hope to see more carry them hopefully diluted too:) and yeah, shisha strawberry becoming really popular too....pretty happy with cap ss and tfa ripe mixed, but I am still curious.

Last edited:

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
The ones I have tried are ok and for fruit flavors I like Flavor Concentrates brand. No artificial ingredients at all and the flavor never goes wierd on you add more the flavor just gets stronger. Their blueberry is fantastic.

CAP Vanilla Custard V1 at 4% is my current ADV. With just a bit of CAP Vanilla Whipped Cream in there.
Most people tend to mix CAP VC1 at around 10% or more. Just horrible to me at that concentration.

Cap V1 at 4 % , wow , that is lower than what most use but everyone likes different things.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Cap V1 at 4 % , wow , that is lower than what most use but everyone likes different things.
Some of us have more sensitive buds than others.
5% is a bit strong for me. But as you and I say that is just for me. Sensitivities and tastes vary widely.
On the bright side flavorings last me a long time ;)

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
I like their raspberry especially mixed with fw razzleberry, don't like biscuit even though many love it, even diluted, it just tastes weird and I can't get to work in my mixes right.

Yes, I noticed with these two, I don't need to add any sweeteners so far, know reply was to rc, but I noticed this too...I do like the prices too and I seem to like the domestic flavors over the imported ones so far.

This is very true, each has gems and duds...takes some trial and error finding...took time finding good raspberries, working on my preferred vanillas. I don't like fw cantaloupe, and coconut cream pie wasn't all that for me...plenty of tfa I don't like either, even fa(bilberry for me is sweaty socks flavor)...plenty I do like though that others don't too.

Have seen love for mf/lotus on other forums, hope to see more carry them hopefully diluted too:) and yeah, shisha strawberry becoming really popular too....pretty happy with cap ss and tfa ripe mixed, but I am still curious.

I like those two a lot myself , both are excellent and a must have imo.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Some of us have more sensitive buds than others.
5% is a bit strong for me. But as you and I say that is just for me. Sensitivities and tastes vary widely.
On the bright side flavorings last me a long time ;)

I buy bottles in the 10ml sizes when they are just used sparingly but just started to buy larger sizes of the most used flavors .

Custard i need to buy in the 4 oz size , i also but Capella's Sweet Strawberry in the 4 oz size , i love FA Vienna Cream , that stuff is fantastic.

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
I buy bottles in the 10ml sizes when they are just used sparingly but just started to buy larger sizes of the most used flavors .

Custard i need to buy in the 4 oz size , i also but Capella's Sweet Strawberry in the 4 oz size , i love FA Vienna Cream , that stuff is fantastic.
I have about 16 oz of the CAP VC1 :) Sweet strawberry tastes nice but something in it does not like me. Got the FA Vienna Cream but not tried it yet.

DoubleEwe

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2014
Hiding up a tree
I've only tried solos,(15% and and at lower %)but I absolutely love that stuff!!! It's just a lovely tasty cake-ish-icing-animal cracker flavoring that I think is better than a lot of other bakery type flavors...so.darn.good.so delicious. Even on it's own...my older son smelled it and was like mom, you made this(!!!before mixed in flavor bottle), this smells really good, told him it's just one flavor alone. Oh I can imagine it'll be great with white chocolate, I really got to play around with it more soon.

I am glad that early tests have come out well, even passing the 'older son test'!
I just mixed a single flavour batch this eve (7%) to give it a proper taste on its own, I am looking forward to it in all honesty. It does smell so good that it's going to be a battle to allow it to steep before I vape it.

I will give a (nearly) 2 week old mix a taste test tomorrow (with the 3% CBD in) and report back, I am having real troubles at the moment in letting things mature, just so eager to try out all my (potentially) wonderfully delicious creations!

baseballmom

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2013
SE PA
sincemylastcigarette.com
I am glad that early tests have come out well, even passing the 'older son test'!
I just mixed a single flavour batch this eve (7%) to give it a proper taste on its own, I am looking forward to it in all honesty. It does smell so good that it's going to be a battle to allow it to steep before I vape it.

I will give a (nearly) 2 week old mix a taste test tomorrow (with the 3% CBD in) and report back, I am having real troubles at the moment in letting things mature, just so eager to try out all my (potentially) wonderfully delicious creations!

Yes, do report back, I hope tastes as good as smells for you too..most do but some throw a curve ball...which white chocolate are you using? I like tfa' s but it's gotta age or I get that initial peppery thing from it...also mixes well with fw candy cane(I used to avoid mints at all times until this gem...very, very authentic true to taste)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread