Not open for further replies.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
Firstly, I am a complete noob....

My first try @ a simple juice was last night with the FW USA Blend. The concentrate tastes very sharp and chemical-ish. Possibly because of the alcohol in it, or because it is just crappy quality.

I do not know how much I should really rely on steeping to aid in the possible enjoyment / use of this flavor if it is this bad straight out of the bottle.

What percentage of flavoring did you use? Tobaccos must steep at least a week by any brand to know what the real flavor so I wouldn't give up yet. It can be salvaged too by adding softening flavors or EM too. I didn't even know Flavor West had a USA Mix. You might want to try Flavour Art tobacco's too.

Shilo

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2011
Here & There
I'm sorry, but the FW tobacco flavors are crappy. Yeah the cat pee, too sweet, weak, stinky in general. And they don't mix well. So I guess I get what I paid for. My opinion, steer clear of FW tobacco flavors. :thumbdown:

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk

Tell us how you really feel Mister. LOL To each his own as far as this brand or any brand goes.

Bejeebus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2009
VT ~ USA
I am not sure this is the right place to ask this but will anyway :p I love, yes love, Rockstars Imported Tobacco flavor. I have been trying to figure out what FW flavor is in it to make it smell the way it does. Do any of you have a nose that can figure it out? I asked 'Austin' from Rockstar and remember him saying they are a branch of VaporRenu (I think) and they use FW flavors. He said it was a tobacco flavor mixed with a nut but he wasn't positive. I can't find the email... still looking, but got impatient - figured I would ask the guru's.

mistere372002

Jan 6, 2012
United States
Ok, I've spent all weekend trying to come up with a vapeable juice using FW. My earlier comments where harsh so here is my Mild Cigar recipe.

50/50 PG/VG @ 18mg for 5 ml
FW Cigar 30 drops
FA Dark Vapure 6 drops
FW Chocolate Tobacco 3 drops
FA Tuscan Reserve 2 drops
FA Black Fire 3 drops
FA MTS 3 drops
40 drops = 1ml
Steep in hot tap water for 15 minutes.

I used my android app to calculate the recipe.
Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk

KumariHPX

ECF Veteran
Hi, I am looking for a review of Ankara tobacco. I want to try it but I don't feel very brave right now! Any opinions?

BTW, I want to make a plug for Honeywood Tobacco - I really like it - and a classmate of mine told me that it smells like the honey when you put it in tea. I think it's spot on honey. I don't know about the wood or tobacco, though, those seem to be missing... I recommend it anyway! I can use it as an all day flavor.

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
I got some of that cherry balsam. 5% was overpowering and I put 2 drops of that in a 15ml FP blend and it still smacks you in the face when you open the cap. This stuff seems like it can be diluted as much as TA and it will still have a dominate note.
Medicinal cherry at the front. Slight bitterness from the balsam as it's vaped and no tobacco to note.
I'll try again when I have the FP good enough to make a large batch.

Disk4mat

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 9, 2012
USA
Got my Ankara... This is a tough one. The color is medium to dark brown. The aroma is strong and the first things that came to mind were: sour coffee, a sharp herbal sent but I cant place it. I get a weird sweetness in in the sent as well.

On to the mix... I made a 5ml test batch at 24mg as below... Aprox 4% flavoring.

.20ml Ankara (pg)
.20ml 48mg 100% pg
3ml 24mg 50/50 pg/vg
1.60ml 24mg 100%pg

The steeping? 10 minute shake, stand in hot water for 5 minutes, shaken and vaped. Using a 2.8ohm carto on a 3.7v battery.

First impressions... Herbal (not floral) with a sharp non-sweet taste. Almost on the bitter side. Slightly acidic. The after taste seems stronger than the draw and inhale. It smells sweeter than it tastes.

Honestly, if you've ever had some of the cheaper, tobacco liquids out there, then you've more than likely vaped it before. It really comes off to me as bitter + herbal. I would rate this as a 5 on a 1 to 10 scale.

I can see this as a base flavor for making other things. But alone, its just not appealing enough and like so many flavors far from a true tobacco taste.

I dont feel at 4% that its too much flavor. I can imagine 3% but no lower. Its not a great flavor but could be by adding EM. I can imagine almost any fruit flavor going nicely with it. Maybe grape or a sweet berry.

In the end, I wouldnt recommend this particular flavor.

Edit: I diluted my mix down to 2% flavor and its much better. Has more of a dry, savory taste. Still Im not sure I could recommend it as a stand alone flavor.

Last edited:

BikerBob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
VA
anyone else tried the FW havana? it tastes like channle Number 5 very perfumey and not likable :([/I]

I have a 3ml sample of that, and should get to trying it over the weekend. I was expecting a 'cigar' when I ordered it, but didn't smell anything like a cigar. Did you make up a sample? if so, what flavor % did you try?

I have a 3ml sample of that, and should get to trying it over the weekend. I was expecting a 'cigar' when I ordered it, but didn't smell anything like a cigar. Did you make up a sample? if so, what flavor % did you try?

I actually just started doing diy juice mixing with concentrates with tobacco flavors from fw :) Been vaping on china flavors since I started vaping last year and wanted a change. I got from fw: Vanilla tobacco, honeywood, virginia, american and havana. I made a ten ml bottle of each flavor at 16mg with 1ml flavor per bottle so that'd be 10% flavor. I guess that'd be pretty strong :s But still that havana is definitely perfumey. When I've added it to familiar juices it stands out quite a bit as a perfume which can work either way. I have a china tobacco juice that taste like an old sock,that I don't like, but when I added the havana to it, it was ok. The havana perfumey flavor does work as an offset to very dank musty flavors.

BikerBob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2012
VA
I think I have some of that flavor--I call it "dirty gym sock", but it is labeled "The Flavor Apprentice RY4-Asian". My 1st sample was only 1ml, and my notes say 8% tasted like a fairly flavorless analog, and at 10% started to take on the gym sock notes. I'm tempted to try it again around 15%-20% for a 1ml sample, and if I need to cut it down to 10% would only take another 1ml of pg/vg.

FW American USA blend is currently in my rotation, 20% flavor (15% for a lighter flavor), as a fairly lightly sweet tobacco-ish flavor...kinda like hay, without the harsher notes of fresh cut hay. At 5%-10%, is has a bit of a 'celery' note. I want to play with this and a bit of Tobacco Absolute and see what I come up with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread