Status
Not open for further replies.

retrox

Flavor Chaser
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
NC, USA
So I just got in a few big bottles of my FW favorites and, on an impulse and against my better judgement, sprang for a 4oz bottle of Captain Crunch. I never go that big with a flavor I've never tried, but I'm a big fan of the cereal, you see.

The bad news: It doesn't taste like Cap'n Crunch to me. Boo!
The good news: It tastes freaking amazing.

10%, 50/50, 10mg with a cotton-wicked Russian + Nemesis @ ~15W:

I'm getting almond, brown sugar, and vanilla with a delicate bakery note on the exhale; almost like freshly-baked biscotti. Sweet enough to classify as a dessert vape, yet not so sweet that it'll keep me from vaping it all day. Which is what I've been happily doing.

Now I'm super-curious about the others: Apple Jacks and Rice Krispies. Please chime in if you've tried either of these! I'm going to go ahead and strongly recommend the Captain for anyone who likes bakery-type flavors. I'm quite pleased with myself for ordering 4oz of it. :D

Reactions: LeeLee26

retrox

Flavor Chaser
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
NC, USA
Apple Jacks and Rice Krispies incoming! I've been absolutely murdering this poor bottle of Captain Crunch. Added some of FW's peanut butter, and yep... Peanut Butter Crunch! Tastes more like a pb cookie actually... Going to try some strawberry in my next batch, see if I can get some Crunch Berries going on.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Vaporrenu.com is owned by FW, so you can get all of the stuff on FW's main site (and then some) from there! 30ml bottles of flavoring for $6.50. Their tobacco's are a little steeper at $9.00/30ml, but I only use one tobacco, and it comes from VZ.
I'll have to spend a little quality time on the Vaporrenu site. Quite a list of flavors!! I've been using more and more FW flavorings so it will be nice to be able to get their products in a size more suited to me. It has become so hard to keep track of all the sites and what is availabl
Thanks for the info.

horton

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 11, 2010
Left Side of Florida
Vaporrenu.com is owned by FW, so you can get all of the stuff on FW's main site (and then some) from there! 30ml bottles of flavoring for $6.50. Their tobacco's are a little steeper at $9.00/30ml, but I only use one tobacco, and it comes from VZ.
I'll have to spend a little quality time on the Vaporrenu site. Quite a list of flavors!! I've been using more and more FW flavorings so it will be nice to be able to get their products in a size more suited to me. It has become so hard to keep track of all the sites and what is availabl
Thanks for the info.

retrox

Flavor Chaser
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2013
NC, USA
Aha! Finally, one that I don't care for!

I tried FW's Honey flavoring a few months back, and found it didn't taste like honey at all to me; for whatever reason, it tasted more like grape soda (!!!) and overpowered everything I mixed it with, even at 1%. Unfortunately the Honey Nut Cheerios has the same honey flavoring in it and, as I suspected, it overwhelms any taste of nut or Cheerio. I can barely detect a hint of the underlying grain flavor that appears to be the "base" flavoring for all the varieties of FW cereal on the exhale, and then that dang honey smacks me in the mouth again and I lose it.

I mixed this up last night at 10%, UC-steeped for 2 hours, and let it sit uncapped for 24 afterwards. I've found that this is roughly equivalent to a 2-week steep with all my other recipes. I'm going to let the remaining 6ml sit for a while longer and come back to it, but I'm not terribly hopeful as I've already been through this with a 6% Honey mix: 2 months steep and still grape soda. :(

Three out of four ain't bad! The Apple Jacks, Rice Krispies, and Captain Crunch are winners. The RK in particular is a perfect neutral and sweet "grainy" starting point for a few recipes I've got bouncing around in my skull. I've already tried it with the FW Peanut Butter, and it trumps the Captain in that recipe. Tastes EXACTLY like Peanut Butter Crunch and makes me want to drink milk while I'm vaping it!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread