• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Florida Panhandle check in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
Ran out of room in my tea boxes for storing STUFF. Picked up a plano 737 tacklebox-travel friendly.

I know I have seen a couple folks in (I think) the REO thread that are around my area. Ma'am and Patsy (I think, again). I have also seen a few others.

Duh-Never mind

Last edited:

SpEcTReCHieF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2010
Florida
So here's the new roster ...

boochips
ED-209
Iamfoltzy
HzG8rGrl
Krazirob
NCC
RIMP
SpEcTReCHief
Wench
Yankee802

Ten strong now.

So anyone been thinking if we can do a get together sometime? and if so where? Just thought I would ask, there are quite afew of us that are really close....I think it would be alot of fun, anyone else?

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Here's where we are located.
Panhandle.gif

Except for HzG8rGrl, who is over near Jacksonville. Off the map but still welcome!

Freeport centrally located? Not sure there's much to do there.

Let's hear some ideas. :)

EDIT: Since this image is hosted on my web space, I should be able to update it even after I'm unable to edit this post.

Last edited:

ED-209

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2010
Florida Panhandle
Well, if everyone goes to Santa Rosa you might as well got the Destin as that seems to be the closest place with more options? I haven't been to Santa Rosa beach but I've been over to Destin a couple of times, seems like they would have a lot of places to choose from.

According to mapquest Destin is about 18 miles from Santa Rosa Beach and 30 miles from Freeport, so not sure if that is too far but figured I would throw out the distances to give everyone an idea.

vape On and excited that we actually could have a meet up :)

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
For your consideration: some distances calculated to Destin for ...

011 - Krazirob
030 - Iamfoltzy
035 - SpEcTReChief
045 - Yankee802
048 - ED-209
048 - Wench
059 - NCC
063 - Roy Von Rogers
084 - boochips
100 - RIMP
362 - HzG8rGrl
498 - laurel099

according to MS Streets & Trips. (Obviously I don't have a life, LOL.)

Time of day? Day of week? Locations? Activities?

It would be good to hear from boochips and RIMP to know if a couple hours drive would be a problem. I love to take drives even without a specific destination, just for pleasure. :) Assuming there was no conflict with work, I'd have no problem with Pensacola, Tallahassee, or anywhere else in the area. Sounds like fun.

EDIT: Welcome to our latest check in, Roy Von Rogers!

Last edited:

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Woot! Looks like you guys have enough to plan something up that way! After you do one meet others will chime in and your group will grow :)

Amazing that I'm in same state and about 500 miles away lol!

Our last meet I drove 72 miles to get to it....was totally worth it too! Great food, great fun! I hope you guys get one planned sometime soon :) Fingers crossed :)

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Welcome aboard Roy Von Rogers. I was able to check my ability to update the map in post #24 even without editing the post and you're on there now.
Amazing that I'm in same state and about 500 miles away lol!
Just think, if you were in Key West that would be about 800 miles to Destin, YIKES!
Our last meet I drove 72 miles to get to it....was totally worth it too! Great food, great fun! I hope you guys get one planned sometime soon :) Fingers crossed :)
OK ya'll ... I haven't heard any objections to Destin. If there are any, let's hear them. Otherwise, anyone have ideas for things to do there, or a good date/time for this?

I'm more of an instigator than an organizer. Let's hear some suggestions! :)

Iamfoltzy

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2010
Freeport, FL
Nevermind, stopped by O'Quig's and they are NOT vaper-friendly. The bartender told me the owner went so far as to send out a memo to all employees that vaping isn't allowed inside. It is still a fine establishment, but to them vapers = smokers :( (it sounded like the owner doesn't want to deal with butthurt patrons who might feel offended that someone is fake "smoking" in the same space, can't blame him there)

Last edited:

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
As compared to Destin, Panama City Beach is further for some, and closer for others as follows:
-(45) 000 - Yankee802
-(43) 016 - NCC
-(44) 019 - Roy Von Rogers
+(07) 037 - Iamfoltzy
-(32) 052 - boochips
+(45) 056 - Krazirob
-(30) 070 - RIMP
+(47) 082 - SpEcTReCHieF
+(44) 092 - ED-209
+(44) 092 - Wench
-(29) 333 - HzG8rGrl

I personally don't care about the driving. Anywhere within a few hundred miles suits me.
I'm one of those strange people who actually enjoys a road trip. :)

So far, the only suggestions have been night spots. That's OK with me, even if it means a hotel overnight. I don't drive unfamiliar roads at night (it's an age thing), and don't drink & drive (not even 16 miles).

But, is that a consensus? Or could it be a daytime meet?

One good thing about PCBch is we're past the primary tourist season ... not much such a shoulder to shoulder crowd (with bumper to bumper traffic).

As compared to Destin, Panama City Beach is further for some, and closer for others as follows:
-(45) 000 - Yankee802
-(43) 016 - NCC
-(44) 019 - Roy Von Rogers
+(07) 037 - Iamfoltzy
-(32) 052 - boochips
+(45) 056 - Krazirob
-(30) 070 - RIMP
+(47) 082 - SpEcTReCHieF
+(44) 092 - ED-209
+(44) 092 - Wench
-(29) 333 - HzG8rGrl

I personally don't care about the driving. Anywhere within a few hundred miles suits me.
I'm one of those strange people who actually enjoys a road trip. :)

So far, the only suggestions have been night spots. That's OK with me, even if it means a hotel overnight. I don't drive unfamiliar roads at night (it's an age thing), and don't drink & drive (not even 16 miles).

But, is that a consensus? Or could it be a daytime meet?

One good thing about PCBch is we're past the primary tourist season ... not much such a shoulder to shoulder crowd (with bumper to bumper traffic).

Not to mention that Hotel/Motel rentals are very reasonable at this time of year.

Roy

SpEcTReCHieF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2010
Florida
I am up for day or night. No matter what we pick I will still be making the drive home afterwards. Only thing is that I don't have a set work schedule per say so will just have to see and maybe make some arrangements depending on the date/time that we choose so I can make it. Any idea's? Anyone in PCB area know which of the places that are e-cig friendly on that list that has good food/beverages/atmosphere and is reasonably priced?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread