• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Florida Panhandle check in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iamfoltzy

ECF Veteran
Mar 26, 2010
Freeport, FL
I've been to Pineapple Willy's, it's a great place to eat right on the beach. They have a large outdoor seating area as well looking over the beach, if the weather is nice. It's a bit touristy, but might not be bad since season is over. They are open for lunch as well so it would make for a good day meet up.

Los Rancheros is a decent mexican restaurant. The plus side to that restaurant is that it is right next to Rockit Lanes if folks are up for bowling/rollerskating :)

TateJ

Dec 15, 2010
Navarre, FL
OK - I know I'm chiming in a little late here, but I'd never even heard of vaping until three days ago. Haven't even gotten my first kit yet, but I have a real good feeling Santa may leave me something under the tree.

Anyway - Spectre, we're in the same neck of the woods. Likely the same employer as a matter of fact, as I'm traveling out to Hurlburt every day. TateJ from Navarre in the house!

Last edited:

HzG8rGrl

Trippy Tip Hoarder
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2009
*The Swamp*
www.youtube.com
OK - I know I'm chiming in a little late here, but I'd never even heard of vaping until three days ago. Haven't even gotten my first kit yet, but I have a real good feeling Santa may leave me something under the tree.

Anyway - Spectre, we're in the same neck of the woods. Likely the same employer as a matter of fact, as I'm traveling out Hurlburt every day. TateJ from Navarre in the house!

Welcome to the vaping community! Spec-you have a vaping cohort- you lucky dog.

SpEcTReCHieF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2010
Florida
Welcome to the vaping community! Spec-you have a vaping cohort- you lucky dog.
LOL@HzG8rGrl
Don't worry you will have one soon im sure!

Welcome to the ECF TateJ, glad you found us. Hopefully you will get a nice kit from Santa, just hope he does some good research for you on it before he picks you one up. My first kit wasn't a very wise investment so within a week I moded it to run off of "4 AA's" at 6v. lol If you need any help or have any questions let me know and maybe I can give you some input. I have done alot of research and everything on devices/juices, prices, etc.
Hopefully we can get a meet or something lined up in the near future for all of us in the Panhandle area, think it would be alot of fun. Tate, you are right about the employer, but I just retired :) , still work on base tho. I'm usually at Hurlburt, but sometimes work at Eglin and Duke also.
Take care all and Happy Holidays, lets get something setup for after the holidays. Anyone got any ideas?

TateJ

Dec 15, 2010
Navarre, FL
Welcome to the ECF TateJ, glad you found us. Hopefully you will get a nice kit from Santa, just hope he does some good research for you on it before he picks you one up. My first kit wasn't a very wise investment so within a week I moded it to run off of "4 AA's" at 6v. lol If you need any help or have any questions let me know and maybe I can give you some input. I have done alot of research and everything on devices/juices, prices, etc.

Well, as for the research, I've done quite a bit over the past few days and feel like I've submitted a pretty good COA to Santa. Though I'd like to jump straight into the mods, I decided that I'd go a little more conservative (and less expensive) until I know exactly what I like. Until then, I'm hoping for an eGo XL with 1000mah PT +2X 900mah bats just to get started. That should give me the power and versatility I need to try out various things: carts vs cartos vs drip. Standard 510 vs LR 510/306, etc. Ordering some sample juices from FSUSA, but will eventually DIY. By the time I know what I like and solidly make the switch from analogues, I should be able to start hunting down that perfect mod. I've got my eye on Super T Precise 18650 or Shockwave 26650. Read great things about GG also...

Hopefully we can get a meet or something lined up in the near future for all of us in the Panhandle area, think it would be alot of fun...Take care all and Happy Holidays, lets get something setup for after the holidays. Anyone got any ideas

I'm game, but may be difficult to get the hall pass from the wife, who's never been a smoker so doesn't quite get my new-found fascination with vaping. She's been patient so far with all my research (and Santa requests), but I can only imagine how she'd react to my wanting to go hang out with a bunch of "vapers" I'd just met on the internet: "What - is it some kind of junkie group?" Just need to give her some time to get used to my new hobby...

Tate, you are right about the employer, but I just retired :)

Congratulations on your retirement! :toast: Getting close myself. Was going to punch after this one, but with the economy still in the tank, and good potential for career progression in the near future, may go another round. We'll see - I still have about a year and a half before I have to make that decision.

TateJ

Dec 15, 2010
Navarre, FL
Alright. How about sometime after the holidays, we plan something at The Red Bar bar and grill at Grayton Beach, FL. It's about a mile west of Seaside, where The Truman Show was filmed. Nice area, pretty much centrally located to the majority. Plenty of hotels in surrounding Sandestin, Santa Rosa Beach and Seaside, for those who may want to stay the night. The Red Bar seems like a fun, casual place that would be vape-friendly, but I could call to verify.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Welcome to the Panhandle club TateJ!
I've added your location to the map in Post #24.

Nice to see some concrete suggestions.
Grayton Beach State Park is right next door. That might be a nice diversion if we do a daylight thing.

I've called the Red Bar to inquire as to their vaping friendliness.
Kinda hard to carry on a conversation over the phone, sounds like a good time was being had there!

However, they are not vaping friendly, sad to say.

I spoke with the manager on duty first. He asked me to call back in 10 minutes after he'd had
a chance to talk to his boss.
We would be subject to the same restrictions as cigarette smokers.
That is, relegated to an outdoor smoking patio.
Also, if it is slow, we may be provided with a private room and allowed to vape in isolation. :(

Here's the roster, so far:
boochips
ED-209
HzG8rGrl
Iamfoltzy
Krazirob
NCC
RIMP
Roy Von Rogers
SpEcTReCHieF
TateJ
Wench
Yankee802

TateJ

Dec 15, 2010
Navarre, FL
Well, now that's disappointing. I've heard great things about the place. If it weren't winter, I'd say no big deal. The outdoor doesn't look half bad in this photo...

35098283.jpg

In fact, I'd bet the outdoor is pretty nifty when it's warm and people are actually congregating on the patio. Maybe we can set this one aside until June or so.

Any other concrete suggestions? I'll be honest - I'd rather not have to make the 2hr drive to PCB, and like Spectre, I'll be making the drive back afterwards as well vs grabbing a room. But at least we know there's a wide selection of vape-friendly establishments there in PCB, so I'll try to be there if that's where it ends up.

Any of you PCB folks have any specific suggestions from the friendly list?

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Well, now that's disappointing. I've heard great things about the place. If it weren't winter, I'd say no big deal. The outdoor doesn't look half bad in this photo...
As I've probably already mentioned, this is My time of year. Summer on that patio would be a sweat fest, LOL
Any of you PCB folks have any specific suggestions from the friendly list?
Looking again at the list ...

There are only a few places I've been to:
-----------------------------
The Buccaneer isn't on Panama City Beach, it is actually in Panama City. It is actually a hotel lounge. So, folks who might not want to drive home late at night or after too much celebrating could get a room right there. It's not a loud, bustling place. You can carry on a conversation without yelling. And they have live music on weekends.

The Shrimp Boat. I'm a bit surprised to see this place on the list. I'd want to call and verify they're vape friendly, doesn't strike me that way when I was there. But, you never know unless you ask.
It's more pricey than the Buccaneer. Newer, more upscale, and very big. Not so much to my taste, but your mileage may vary.

Los Rancheros. Mexican cuisine and a tavern on the side. Relaxed atmosphere.
------------
Anyway, those are the only ones on the list that I've been to.

I'm sure there are lots of places in the Destin/Ft. Walton area that would be great. But, I haven't been to them either. :( Fudpuckers? Never been there, don't know.

Iamfoltzy is from near Destin/Ft. Walton, if I'm not mistaken. So, what's the word over there?

SpEcTReCHieF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2010
Florida
Hey all,

The Los Rancheros place which is (vape friendly) sounds pretty good and has been mentioned a couple times now and like Iamfoltzy mentioned before it is right by the bowling alley which might be fun also? Just a thought. I can make some phone calls tomorrow, like to Fudpuckers etc. but doubtful if they are vape friendly also a pretty touristy place. But will see what I can find out tomorrow and check a few places out. If nothing else maybe Tate and I can carpool hehe. Anyway, think this will be alot of fun. Maybe some of the others will feel free to chime in with their ideas.
Take care all!

laurel099

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I love seeing you guys planning here! In the tampa bay area we are also quite spread out so we rotate the meets through the area so not everyone is stuck with the longest drive time after time. You guys might do something similar. I cannot wait until you have your first meet and the snowball starts rolling!! An awesome thing :D

SpEcTReCHieF

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2010
Florida
Well I just got off the phone with Fudpuckers in Destin. I talked to their manager on duty and he was unfamiliar with e-cigarettes and their policy on them. He was going to talk to their HR dept and the front office tomorrow and have them give me a call back. I also thought about the Twisted Palm, but their hours are 3:30 to Midnight and no one was there yet. Not sure if that would work if we want to do an early daytime get together. Will do some more checkin around.

Also just sent an e-mail (rather than trying to explain on the phone) to McGuires Irish Pub. I have been to the one in Destin and the food and everything is very good. Here is a link to their webpage if you want some more info... http://www.mcguiresirishpub.com/ I will let you know what I hear back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread