• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Florida Panhandle check in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chefanim

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Panama City, FL
Nice to know I'm not the only Panama City vaper here. Has anyone been to Smokin Vapor on Thomas Dr? I stopped by there last week pretty much expecting an over sized mall kiosk, but was pretty impressed with what they had. I picked up some juice, some CE-2 XL cartos, and an extra eGo cone there. She also has a decent list of vape friendly restaurants there.

One more thing, Ive been going to the TGI Fridays on Back Beach every Monday for a couple months now, They dont mind me vaping up a storm in the bar area.

How were the prices for juices, and does he/she carry other stuff besides eGo. Btw I'm in Parker.....

Roy

Nice to know I'm not the only Panama City vaper here. Has anyone been to Smokin Vapor on Thomas Dr? I stopped by there last week pretty much expecting an over sized mall kiosk, but was pretty impressed with what they had. I picked up some juice, some CE-2 XL cartos, and an extra eGo cone there. She also has a decent list of Vape friendly restaurants there.

One more thing, Ive been going to the TGI Fridays on Back Beach every Monday for a couple months now, They dont mind me vaping up a storm in the bar area.

Chefanim

ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2011
Panama City, FL
I bought a 10ml bottle of her 'razzleberry' juice 80/20 PG/VG 18MG for $10...

Not the best price, but comparable. It was one she recommended to me, so I figured it was worth a shot. I do like it, but I think I like more mellow, caramelly flavors.

She had eGo kits, eGo-T kits, 510's, PCC's, 808's.... A whole bunch of stuff.... I was really impressed with the stock, since her website doesnt list any of that.

Honestly I went there looking for XL Cartos for my eGo, and she had them, but I went with the CE-2's instead, she was using one on her 510, and I liked the vapor she was getting. She even syringe filled one of the ones I bought for me so I could vape it on the way home.

I dont remember what the 5 Pack of CE2s cost, but I spent a total of $30 for the 10ML juice, 5 CE2 XLs, and 1 atty cone.

The CE2s were still in the gotvapes.com box, so Im sure I could get them cheaper from the website, but its nice to know there is a local place with all that just in case.

No Mods of any sort, I asked her why, and she told me most of her customers are over 50 and wouldnt even bother with something that looked like that.

I will shop there again, Im the kind of person who doesnt mind paying a little extra to not wait (read: Impatient)

Maybe she would host a small vape meet there....?
:)

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
The CE2s were still in the gotvapes.com box, so Im sure I could get them cheaper from the website, but its nice to know there is a local place with all that just in case.
It's been a while since I stopped in. From what you've said, they have some new items since I was there though. Absolutely nice to know we have a Brick & Mortar in the 'neighborhood' ... although a good half hour drive from me. I mentioned that when I was there ... they commute further than my drive to them, LOL.
No Mods of any sort, I asked her why, and she told me most of her customers are over 50 and wouldnt even bother with something that looked like that.
I may have to stop in again, with my ID card in one hand to prove I'm over 50, and my Precise 18650 in my other hand. I believe she made that call completely wrong. They could have at least a couple to showcase.

But, that stop will have to wait a couple weeks. Tomorrow starts vacation, Yay, vacation!!!

Last edited:

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Wow, a couple weeks have gone by without any activity in the thread.
I may have to stop in again, with my ID card in one hand to prove I'm over 50, and my Precise 18650 in my other hand. I believe she made that call completely wrong. They could have at least a couple to showcase.
I stopped by the shop, two mods in tow ... BSB with MAP Tank mod & P18 with blue pyrex drip tip. They were pretty busy at the time and only had two people working the floor. Maybe my PVs were noticed and they decided I was overqualified for what they offer, LOL. But, for whatever the reason I was totally ignored while I scoped out their shelves.

Very heavy on NJoy, with some 510 stuff and a few kit with brands unfamiliar to me. Big on minis. And, maybe they're correct. The customers I saw were being instructed in the fundamentals of vaping. Probably wouldn't "get" mods like the ones I carried. In fact, if they saw them at all they probably didn't recognize them as being PVs. I still think it wouldn't hurt to have a couple high end Mods on display though.

So, anything happening in the Panhandle?

Panhandler

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wakulla Florida
Hiya folks,
Living just south of Tallahassee.
I'm a workin man.....sometimes on Sunday too.
I don't usually work Saturday.
A meet and greet on Friday night or Saturday would work best for me.
You can toss me on your map NCC if you like.
I'd be up for driving to PC and maybe consider Destin.
Inside/outside or a park is OK, as long as it's not too hot.
If it's a summer meet I would prefer a indoor vape friendly place.

Panhandler

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2011
Wakulla Florida
Glad to see you check in Panhandler! I'll get you on the map asap. Is that the town of Wakulla, located just east of Edward Ball Wakulla Springs State Park? Wanna get the marker correct.

Hope this group wakes up sometime. Been snoozing lately.

Yep it's more like a intersection than a town. Used to be a railroad station called Wakulla Station.
We just got a traffic light there last year.LOL

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
There was a vaping event in Mobile??? Wah! I didn't know anything about it.

I enjoy road trips. Well, RIMP, Take charge and get this thing organized, LOL.

I've updated the map in Post #24 to include Panhandler and Chefanim.

The area on the map now stretches 178 miles from Pensacola to Wakulla.

Have I missed anyone?

Last edited:

RIMP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
There was a vaping event in Mobile??? Wah! I didn't know anything about it.

I enjoy road trips. Well, RIMP, Take charge and get this thing organized, LOL.

I've updated the map in Post #24 to include Panhandler and Chefanim.

The area on the map now stretches 178 miles from Pensacola to Wakulla.

Have I missed anyone?

Good try NCC, but I'm not an organized kind of girl. What about Destin? I'm game for anything within 150 miles:evil: Would love to meet the other panhandlers and trade tips/stories:)
RIMP:evil:

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Hey !! You guys better not miss Vapestock !!! I might just cry !!!

Even tho I live in Pasco County and could just drive it back and forth...we got a room for the weekend !

There are people coming from all over...not just Florida !!! Would sure hate to miss meeting you guys !!!!

Make it a mini vacation !!!! Help make it fun!!!!

(It's free !)

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Classy, thanks for the invitation from down there in the real Florida. I can't speak for the others, but for myself ...
I calculate it would cost me at least $600 to be there. Pretty hefty price to spend two days inside a hotel room, IMO.
I don't exit air conditioned spaces very much in Florida Summer.

I'll see how desperate I am for a mini-vacation come June, and won't rule it out at this time.
But, that puts me only a few weeks away from
OutSmarting the Dragon III, which I won't miss and which will also cost me at least $600.

--------

I see from the thread that y'all are claiming the "Redneck Riviera". WRONG!
The Panhandle has a firm grip on that title, LOL.

Last edited:

Yankee802

ECF Veteran
Mar 13, 2010
Panama City, Florida
I've been to Smokin Vapor as well, she pretty much just carries the basics, and heavy on the nJoy. She is also the one that I WAS going to open up shop with, but she decided to go it alone. Her prices are higher than online, about double, but it IS a brick and mortar store, and she does have higher overhead, as you would expect, so the prices are fair if you take that into consideration.

I'd love to do a get together guys, and going to Vapestock might be more than I'm willing to spend. Any ideas where we can meet HERE in Panama City? :) (being central to everyone on the map in post #24)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread