• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Florida Panhandle check in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
I'd love to do a get together guys, and going to Vapestock might be more than I'm willing to spend. Any ideas where we can meet HERE in Panama City? :) (being central to everyone on the map in post #24)
I'll leave the selection up to y'all. I really haven't been 'going out' for a long time and am kinda clueless regarding the kind of locations are groovy
RollEyes.gif
nowadays. vape friendly bar, or a park or both ...
DontKnow.gif

and do a group storm into Smokin' Vapor?
HelloWave.gif
HelloWave.gif
HelloWave.gif
HelloWave.gif
HelloWave.gif
HelloWave.gif
HelloWave.gif
HelloWave.gif
HelloWave.gif
HelloWave.gif
HelloWave.gif
HelloWave.gif
for a friendly visit, heh. Might convince her to have a couple nice mods on display.

ED-209

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 17, 2010
Florida Panhandle
Classy, thanks for the invitation from down there in the real Florida. I can't speak for the others, but for myself ...
I calculate it would cost me at least $600 to be there. Pretty hefty price to spend two days inside a hotel room, IMO.
I don't exit air conditioned spaces very much in Florida Summer.

Unfortunately Ditto for me, just can't shell out that much even though I know it would be soooo much fun.

Hope everyone has fun and hoping something can be setup closer by even it is just for a quick get together.

Vape On

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
boo, I've got you on the map ... although your location was kinda vague (south of Marianna). I'm thinking I'm going to HAVE to get out of the house this weekend, even if it's just a pleasure drive with no destination in mind, LOL.

A visit to Marianna Caverns State Park perhaps. Anyone for a walk around the nature trails and/or a guided cave tour.
It's the kind of thing I might do solo, if anyone else might be interested all the merrier. Kinda far for folks in the western Panhandle for such a thing. But, there are a number of us within an hour's drive.

Y'all might suggest other places to go/things to do in the vicinity as well.

Last edited:

boochips

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Marianna, Florida
Hey NCC...I am working this weekend but the Caverns Park is a great place for a meet! The picnic areas and the Blue Hole for swimming. We should all discuss this....lol

boo, I've got you on the map ... although your location was kinda vague (south of Marianna). I'm thinking I'm going to HAVE to get out of the house this weekend, even if it's just a pleasure drive with no destination in mind, LOL.

A visit to Marianna Caverns State Park perhaps. Anyone for a walk around the nature trails and/or a guided cave tour.
It's the kind of thing I might do solo, if anyone else might be interested all the merrier. Kinda far for folks in the western Panhandle for such a thing. But, there are a number of us within an hour's drive.

Y'all might suggest other places to go/things to do in the vicinity as well.

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Hey NCC...I am working this weekend but the Caverns Park is a great place for a meet! The picnic areas and the Blue Hole for swimming. We should all discuss this....lol
Do you work every weekend? My schedule is kinda weird, but I usually have weekends off. I did go to Marianna today, and Cottondale, and Chipley. Just cruisin' for the enjoyment. That's why I say I don't mind a road trip ... I enjoy it. Anywhere in the panhandle is an easy drive for me, Pensacola to Tallahassee is fine.

Anyone else like Florida Caverns, or any other park? Or is it a wine & dine thing y'all have in mind?

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
I thought you were located on the Space Coast. Sorry, the map doesn't go that far. But, if we ever get our act together we'd sure welcome you up here on the Redneck Riviera. :)

Space coast??? lol.. nooooooooooo... I'm a purified resident of the Redneck Riviera.

pssst. just south of Pcola

leannebug

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2010
the deep south
lol... "real" Florida. hehe.. you mean the part that's always included in the maps? :)

I know there are a few others in my area, if I run into them again, I'll send them this way. Also: note for those on this end of the Panhandle.. there is also a "Gulf Coast" group run by Joker.

OK.. MY 2cents...

For meet ups, my preferences are:
the closer the better. (I have arthritis, so driving long distances are difficult, at best)
I must be old too, because daytime driving suits me just fine!
so.. afternoon-- that could lead into night if anyone wanted to stay over.
A park sounds nice, along the beach maybe..?
Then we could essentially meet anywhere (as long as it's not too hot)

(I'm not much of an organizer, but I'm a great cheerleader! Let's go! Go team! :p )

boochips

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2009
Marianna, Florida
Do you work every weekend? My schedule is kinda weird, but I usually have weekends off. I did go to Marianna today, and Cottondale, and Chipley. Just cruisin' for the enjoyment. That's why I say I don't mind a road trip ... I enjoy it. Anywhere in the panhandle is an easy drive for me, Pensacola to Tallahassee is fine.

Anyone else like Florida Caverns, or any other park? Or is it a wine & dine thing y'all have in mind?

I am usually off on Sundays but I can ask for any day off as long as I know a week ahead of time.

Now....no one with any ideas on a meeting place yet?

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Now....no one with any ideas on a meeting place yet?
There have been a number of suggestions made. Including most recently by leannebug. But it seem like only the person doing the suggestion likes them (I like most of them! :) ). I'm with leannebug about not wishing to do a long haul at night. I'd get a hotel room in the vicinity of the event if driving home at night or getting a room are the choices. Unlike leannebug, I enjoy road trips.

If distance is a problem for some folks we could have a number of smaller gatherings for people centered around Pensacola, Fort Walton, Panama City ... just to get our collective feet wet. And those like me, who don't have a problem traveling a hundred miles could crash the party(ies). If those go well we could then plan a larger Panhandle wide gathering. Just a thought.

classwife

Admin
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 9, 2010
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Y'all have been kicking this around since October ! Some one call it ! Pick a place ...set a date and a time ! Just go for it ! Have some fun ! Life is short !

Git er done !

You can't accomodate everyone everytime...some can go to one...some can go to another.....We usually have a different person find the next spot...and for my non-vaping husband, he counts it as date night !

Have some fun !

Post it up and it will get passed to "other forum" area people too !

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
Yeah, what classwife said! And, basically what I was attempting to say in my post #116, above.

Oh, gotta get MvGratz on the map tonight sometime. Welcome aboard.

I'll go on record (think not the first time) as being game for any place within 150 miles or so of Panama City. I've taken longer pleasure drives with no destination in mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread