Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
So I’m at work (working the night shift) and I came outside and enjoyed my whopper a coworker picked up for me and to my surprise it is quite cool out and a nice breeze blowing. We had rain showers come through today followed by dryer air. Our first cold front of the year will be coming through this weekend. I may get to sit outside, vape and enjoy the couple days of fall we get every year. Now that I’m done with my dinner the last 15 min of my lunch break I’ll just take in the lovely weather and enjoy my favorite juices (one of my favorites anyways). Anyone else in Florida looking forward to this fall/winter (the few days it will last until summer hits us in February/March? Chime in and let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wheelin247

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 17, 2013
Lakeland, Fl. USA
@Coastal Cowboy, I’m in Lakeland so we get the warmer weather in the summer and colder temps in the winter just for being inland. On the coast you have the sea breeze keeping temps cooler even though when it’s 95+ out a couple degrees don’t matter...it’s just freaking HOT! Where do you live on the coast?

Coastal Cowboy

This aggression will not stand, man!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Alabama Gulf Coast
www.ibleedcrimsonred.com
@Coastal Cowboy, I’m in Lakeland so we get the warmer weather in the summer and colder temps in the winter just for being inland. On the coast you have the sea breeze keeping temps cooler even though when it’s 95+ out a couple degrees don’t matter...it’s just freaking HOT! Where do you live on the coast?

I'm on Mobile Bay. The climate is moderated by the Gulf. It never gets as hot as it does elsewhere in Alabama, nor as cold.

Temps in upper 90s are as rare as hard freezes.

MrStik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 6, 2013
SoCal
weather.PNG

Yep, just a typical SoCal autumn.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I'm just growing wistful at all the mentions of trees. We don't have any (real) trees around here. Might need to take a trip to Madera Canyon, that was a site of Roosevelt's tree planting initiative, so there really are some trees (I embarrassed myself at my team's retreat the year we went there by climbing a bunch of them-- but I NEEDED TO), a trip there to see some leaves doing their thing might not go amiss.

Oh, we could go to that other place, Chiricahua national monument, they have some trees (not to mention some rocks) but I kind of soured myself on it by going there one time when I was really sick and engaging on a Death Hike. We walked 10 miles in over 90 degree heat, and it didn't go very well. Thank goodness the Husband was equipped with lots of water, beef jerky, and peanut m&m's or I'm not sure I'd have made it back out. Given that I'm still sick, more driving, more trees and less walking is appealing. Though it is sad there is a need to drive about an hour to encounter a decent tree. I guess it's better than nothing.....

Anna

OlderNDirt

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2014
Nebraska
Cold? No trees? Mowing every 10 days?

I'm about ready to switch out the mower for the snowblower. Not only have the leaves changed color, but they are now all over the yard. All are welcome to join me in raking them up into a big pile, then jumping in it! But then you have to help loading them in the pickup and hauling them to the compost site. Should only take about 6 loads/trips.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
I wanna go, OlderthanDirt! I haven't seen fall leaves in over 6 years, and I'm sure we'd have fun, LOL. Except, now I gotta think of packing my (ill) self up in the car and driving to... somewhere.... uh, maybe next year. I'll just lay in the Mesquite leaves (spines, really) if any fall off, it's not quite time yet.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread