Flower Contest!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
I have some sort of small roses wit lots of thorns that were at my house when I moved in. They grow out of control - this year the roses have not opened yet but the thorns are growing hands that seem to come out and grab you when you walk by. I have cut them back but I think I want to get rid of them al together.

I love roses! If I were close I would take them off your hands ;) You can trim them back if they grow in a way you do not want them to or tie them off to keep them out of your way :)

Skypea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
The Shoals, Alabama
wvducklady, I think thats where the term "2 man rock" came from. Or in your case woman. lol! I would have flipped out as I watched it roll back down the hill.

Oh my gosh Big Moe, I would cut them way back. I have this bush in front of my house that has thorns. It has pretty berries, but If I don't keep it cut back it will take over the front patio and bite me. Here's what it looks like. Raindrops hanging off the berries.

image.jpg

wvducklady

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2013
US
wvducklady, I think thats where the term "2 man rock" came from. Or in your case woman. lol! I would have flipped out as I watched it roll back down the hill.

Oh my gosh Big Moe, I would cut them way back. I have this bush in front of my house that has thorns. It has pretty berries, but If I don't keep it cut back it will take over the front patio and bite me. Here's what it looks like. Raindrops hanging off the berries.

View attachment 332265

Lol I like that "2 man rock".....haha

Wow that is a beautiful berry bush plant! Do you know what it is called?

vvaappeerr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Tennessee, USA
Would love to see the burning bush!

Here is the burning bush for now. I hope it blooms soon, I can't wait to see the color. It has just been in the ground for two weeks. We just did the mulch and figured out the gutters are leaking and making the mulch shift. We are going to need some more mulch.

download.jpg

I sure hate that the deer ate your roses, Skypea.

Skypea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
The Shoals, Alabama
Wow! This is the first thing I have ever won on ecf. Today is a good day! I'm thrilled and thank you. I wish everyone on this thread could win. I'm enjoying talking with you all and seeing your gardens and plants. I hope we can keep it going.

Tick22 I love all that green! Vvaappeerr looking forward to seeing the bush in bloom. :)

Thought I would share my beautiful pink rhododendron that's in bloom. They are pretty much a garden staple here in the NW.
image.jpg

Last edited:

Skypea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
The Shoals, Alabama
Congrats Skypea! It is a great feeling winning your first contest! It happened to me not too long ago!

Wow that is beautiful! I have 4 rhododendrons! They are so pretty! They are the state flower here.
Oh wow it is? I should know that I lived in Morgantown for about 5 months, years ago. What colors do you have?

What did you win in your first contest? It is awesome. I picked out blackberry smoothie for my juice. Sounded so yummy. :)

Skypea

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2011
The Shoals, Alabama
Congrats Skypea! I have subscribed to this thread because I really like gardening and flowers, although there is not much that is blooming here right now. I realized I could have taken pics of a few things, like some dandelions and violets, that's all I had. Nice contest, thanks! :vapor:
Hope you post a photo soon. I love dandelions. When my girls were little they would call them wishing flowers. After they seeded they would blow them into the wind and make a wish.

Here's mine. image.jpg

Thanks for all the congrats everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread