Flux Nectar Flavor Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

5vz

ECF Veteran
Jan 19, 2011
in here somewhere USA
Cake Supreme.

OMG! I love this. Just got it, so no steeping. Tastes exactly like Italian Creme Cake, no way I can DIY this yummy goodness.

Italian-Cream-Cake-2.jpg

Also have True Orange, but haven't had a chance to try it yet. Smells delicious.

rse1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Aloha, OR USA (near portland)
This stupid thread is costing me a fortune. I hadn't tried any of the Flux juices yet and you guys just made me order a bunch of them. I'm really looking forward to trying the: Chrystal Flux; Belgian Waffle; Caramel Apple; Cafe de Creme; and CandyCane. I've made some unfortunate choices in the past but with all your input I have high confidence in these. We'll see.

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
This stupid thread is costing me a fortune. I hadn't tried any of the Flux juices yet and you guys just made me order a bunch of them. I'm really looking forward to trying the: Chrystal Flux; Belgian Waffle; Caramel Apple; Cafe de Creme; and CandyCane. I've made some unfortunate choices in the past but with all your input I have high confidence in these. We'll see.

Please, please remember, if at first they don't succeed...steeping is the key. Also, shake shake shake, shake shake shake, shake your bottles, shake your bottles.

RickH

Feb 4, 2012
NC
just curious if anyone else had my problem, I order some hardware from Gotvapes. While there saw the Sugar cookie ejuice and thought I would give a try, I haven't tried many vendors juices because I DIY but wanted to see what I was missing, I tried just a small amount b4 steeping... It left my tongue feelin raw feeling and made it difficult to taste other juices, is this normal for their juices?? or just from not steeping, my DIY doesn't do this??

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
just curious if anyone else had my problem, I order some hardware from Gotvapes. While there saw the Sugar cookie ejuice and thought I would give a try, I haven't tried many vendors juices because I DIY but wanted to see what I was missing, I tried just a small amount b4 steeping... It left my tongue feelin raw feeling and made it difficult to taste other juices, is this normal for their juices?? or just from not steeping, my DIY doesn't do this??

No, if say that isn't normal or typical at ALL. While I flat didn't like this flavor, it didn't have this effect on me. None of theirs have. A couple of questions, what is your usual vg/pg ratio and how does this compare? Two, do you have any known allergies?

I would suggest that you try putting just a very small drop on your skin to see if you develop a rash. But thats just what I would do.

Well, adding my thoughts on the flux nectar juice. Ordered the Caramel Apple and Gummy Bear, both in 17mg nic from GV, and initially didn't like either. The caramel apple at first tasted like baked, spiced apples, and I hate baked fruit. Excellent vapor production though, and this is coming from someone that vapes 100% VG at all times. My wife loved it though, and I'm trying to get her off the cigs. After 4-5 days though, i tried the caramel apple again, and wow, taste caramel on the inhale and definitely apple on the exhale.

The gummy bear... opened the bottle and it smelled delicious. Filled up a fluxomizer and let it sit for 30-45. Started vaping and... poor vapor production, muted taste, and the liquid starts turning to brown sludge as soon as it hits the coil. Just starts leaking brown liquid back down into the remaining juice after around 10 puffs. By 30-40 puffs all of the remaining liquid looks like brown sludge, and the vapor and taste go down another notch. Negligible vapor and gnarly taste by this point. Tried it on another fluxomizer and got the same results. These are 2.6-2.8 fluxo's on my 3.7v 808. Tried it on a 2.0 boge carto and it worked better for the first 10 hits, then the funky taste starts coming up, vapor production starts going down, and I check the polyfill to see it is already a raunchy brown looking color.

One week later, and I find that I still can't use the gummy bear in a fluxo. It just seems to mess them up too fast to bother with, BUT I have been having decent results by vaping it in a 2.0 Boge on my 5v passthrough. Carts don't seem to last too long like this, but it's the only way I've been able to vape it.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
Well, adding my thoughts on the flux nectar juice. Ordered the Caramel Apple and Gummy Bear, both in 17mg nic from GV, and initially didn't like either. The caramel apple at first tasted like baked, spiced apples, and I hate baked fruit. Excellent vapor production though, and this is coming from someone that vapes 100% VG at all times. My wife loved it though, and I'm trying to get her off the cigs. After 4-5 days though, i tried the caramel apple again, and wow, taste caramel on the inhale and definitely apple on the exhale.

The gummy bear... opened the bottle and it smelled delicious. Filled up a fluxomizer and let it sit for 30-45. Started vaping and... poor vapor production, muted taste, and the liquid starts turning to brown sludge as soon as it hits the coil. Just starts leaking brown liquid back down into the remaining juice after around 10 puffs. By 30-40 puffs all of the remaining liquid looks like brown sludge, and the vapor and taste go down another notch. Negligible vapor and gnarly taste by this point. Tried it on another fluxomizer and got the same results. These are 2.6-2.8 fluxo's on my 3.7v 808. Tried it on a 2.0 boge carto and it worked better for the first 10 hits, then the funky taste starts coming up, vapor production starts going down, and I check the polyfill to see it is already a raunchy brown looking color.

One week later, and I find that I still can't use the gummy bear in a fluxo. It just seems to mess them up too fast to bother with, BUT I have been having decent results by vaping it in a 2.0 Boge on my 5v passthrough. Carts don't seem to last too long like this, but it's the only way I've been able to vape it.

thank you for that, ill try to reformulate the gummy one more time to see if i can reduce the browning, this isnt easy at all, this is the hardest formula ive done, i appreciate the report and will see if chnages can be made to that specific flavor, im glad you like hte carmel apple, steeping does bring it out more.

burns_erin

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2010
The ArmPit of Texas
thank you for that, ill try to reformulate the gummy one more time to see if i can reduce the browning, this isnt easy at all, this is the hardest formula ive done, i appreciate the report and will see if chnages can be made to that specific flavor, im glad you like hte carmel apple, steeping does bring it out more.

Yeah, the gummy bears seems to be one of those way more sensitive to temp changes. I've been doing more dripping with this flavor. It behaves better that way.

Adrena

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2011
Washington
I Now have:
COLA e-Juice 36ml
CAFE de CREME
SMARTY
CAKE SUPREME
CHOCO Peanut Butta Cup
Belgian Waffle (new nic base)
Crushed Carmel Apple (new nic base)
ORIGINAL Gummy Bears (new nic base)

Belgian Waffle, Crushed Carmel Apple , ORIGINAL Gummy Bears all a staple of mine. And all live up to the past in taste but the nic is indeed different better in some awesome way.
Sampled after shipping I say all could use some steeping.
However Crushed Carmel Apple and SMARTY are good to go for me. spot on delish.
can already say Smarty and CAFE de CREME have a new home with me.

Got excited and have LiQUA High Quality Italian eJuice coming now. Non vedo l'ora!
So a detailed review of all coming in one to 2 weeks posted right here<3.

gummy bears now turns brown on me (did not do that before) I have not one but 2 bottles of this turning juice :( really sad here....

So looks like some tweaking is still going on. but I was under the impression I got the finale run. Sooooo now I really have nothing to report. The flavor was all ready subjective, but man that puts a damper on things don't it?

So to help Bad I post:

Gummy bears burns
Cola taste like lemons to me.
Choco Peanut Butta Cup need a touch more choco like the PB

Delish:
CAFE de CREME
SMARTY
CAKE SUPREME
Belgian Waffle
Crushed Carmel Apple

Last edited:
Status