Flux Nectar Flavor Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

VaperEd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2011
Disney Land
The Gummy Bears I received has also turned brown. I read so many positive reviews I could not wait to try it. I loaded it into a Vision Giant and started to vape and it quickly turned to the color of molasses. I was not very impressed with the flavor either. It was a letdown for me. I have some Smarty I am steeping at the moment. I usually let new juices steep for two weeks. I will be giving it a try in the next day or two. I will post my opinion on it here. I am patiently waiting on the Menthol Mania? Thanks for this thread Erin. :)

c623cc

ECF Veteran
Jul 18, 2011
Tennessee/USA
Chris what happened to the Flux fruity flavors because I went to the site specifically to order the caramel apple one after reading all the rave reviews on here and now the only juices are the Liqua and the Flux tobaccos?I really want to try the caramel apple and was probably going to order one of the Flux tobaccos like the "crystal" or the "lasso" but,really don't want to want to order it all separate for shipping's $(I know it's not as high now but is still extra for another order)sake.Thanks for any answers you have.

rse1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 5, 2012
Aloha, OR USA (near portland)
Since I reported my initial buy here, I thought I'd report back on my reaction (YMMV) to the Flux's I've tried:Chrystal Flux; Belgian Waffle; Caramel Apple; Cafe de Creme; CandyCane, and Triple Orange.
Chrystal - smooth, inoffensive, light tobacco with great vapor
Candy Cane - has become an everday vape for me, I love it. I have to reset my tastebuds occasionally ( I use Chrystal).
Cafe de Creme - tastes great but it's quite dark and clogs up wicks/coils quite quickly for me (10 puffs on a Boge 2.0 carto or half a stardust tank).
Triple Orange - tastes just like TANG.
Caramel Apple - smells/tastes perfumy to me - although others apparently love it, I could never get into it and steeping didn't help.

tidegirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 21, 2011
Panama City, FL
The Gummy Bears I received has also turned brown. I read so many positive reviews I could not wait to try it. I loaded it into a Vision Giant and started to vape and it quickly turned to the color of molasses. I was not very impressed with the flavor either. It was a letdown for me. I have some Smarty I am steeping at the moment. I usually let new juices steep for two weeks. I will be giving it a try in the next day or two. I will post my opinion on it here. I am patiently waiting on the Menthol Mania? Thanks for this thread Erin. :)

FWIW, I loved my Smarty, but loved it even more when I added some DIY sweetener to it. :)

VaperEd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 1, 2011
Disney Land
I vaped about (3) Vision Extreme mini tanks full of the GotVapes 24mg Flux Nectar Smarty e-juice on a VV mod at 4.0 volts and an ego VV at 3.7 volts. It was a very enjoyable. Liked the taste. Vapor was good. Definitely a keeper. I have been abusing mint/menthol now for about two months and the Smarty got my undivided attention and that is saying a lot. :)

Last edited:

harmonic

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
Desoto, Mo
lovin the grape. just got a new bottle cant wait yummy...
my last bottle of orange might have been a bit heavy (was 60/40 only flux i ever got i think that wasn't 70/30) or perhaps i am just vaping too much of it lol

anyhow i wanted to say that i really like the new labels better then the old ones but i think they would be better if you guys got them trimmed a little smaller so the edges dont hang off the bottle. if i carry it around anywhere the edges get funny cuz they are on the bend of the bottle. trimming some off the sides fixes that problem lol
andi really love that is clear and i can see in there better

Katatonik

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 14, 2011
Dallas, TX
Crystal:
+'s:
Crisp, clean taste. Sufficient spice and great TH. Clear juice that doesn't gunk.
-'s:
On the bland side. When I use it I usually cut it 50/50 with other flavors.
Overall: Very good for tobacco

Sugar Cookie:
+'s:
Sweet. Some spice. Dark/Strong flavor. Decent vapor production
-'s:
Doesn't taste like sugar cookies. Dark juice and gunks up coils in no time flat.

Cake Supreme:
+'s:
Sweet, spice, dark/strong flavor. Decent vapor production
-'s:
Doesn't taste like cake. Dark juice and gunks up coils in no time flat
Overall:
Both Cake Supreme and Sugar Cookies are very tasty, but I don't really taste cake nor sugar cookies. Unless you don't care about chucking your filler cartos away after 2 days, I would advise using a ce2/3/4 where you can clean and dry burn the gunk off. They both have comparable taste--it's not apple and orange, more like peach and nectarine. So I probably won't buy both again. I'll just stick with one or the other in future orders, until I run out.

Bottles:
I really don't like the dropper bottles. I'm constantly paranoid that I'm going to tip one over and have it spill all over everything. And, I can't carry them around in my pocket and do a quick top off like I can with standard bottles. I really don't see why anyone would prefer the usability of them over others. Sure it looks fancier, but that's about it.

And +1 on Harmonic's label advice. The labels don't fit the bottle. If they were ~.5'' less wide they would look nice.

badkolo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 17, 2009
Whitestone , New York USA
thank you all so much for the feedback

the bottle choice is a tough one, so many swear by the pipette dropper while so many others prefer the regular dripper plug.
i wanted the clear but the old tops arent swappable soI will look at this issue more closely and see what is wanted.

on the sticker, i couldnt agree more, daniel even asked them and they didnt do it, so ill have someone chop them up so they look nicer, all the ones i cut to size like you both mentioned and then stuck on look marvelous.ololol

Briar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2009
A fool on the hill in Deposit, NY
Figured I'd resurrect this thread...

Tried Caramel Apple yesterday, at 11 mg. Had it on the Provari, in the ViVi tank. Two head resistances: 3.0 Ohm and 2.4 Ohm. Various voltages.

The consistency is pretty typical of this pg/vg combination (70/30) - fairly thin, shouldn't give any problems with just about any carto. It's light-colored, so shouldn't gunk up the coils.

The flavor is spot on, imo. It leans rather towards apple, but the caramel nuance is definitely there. The apple flavor is real apple, no candy-ness or artificial-ness. It's not too sweet, not too sour. Just very refreshing. At the lower power the caramel flavor is more pronounced and the flavor has more depth, at the higher power the apple flavor becomes stronger and sharper. For me, the flavor was perfect in the mid-range.

Vapor amount is great. I can't imagine anyone could complain about it. At 3.7 V it's not much less full VG.

TH. I've never given it much thought before, to be honest. TH is not a priority for me, in other words. However, for this occasion, I focused. I even had an analog for comparison. (the things I do because of my obsessive exactitude... :facepalm: ) So here is where it's at: the TH is exactly the same as Virginia Slims full flavor. For those not familiar with those, the TH is strong, but not overwhelming. Didn't make me choke or anything. Is that good? Is that bad? That's up to you. It was satisfying to me, is all I can say.

All-in-all, this is a very, very nice vape. Makes me want to try other GV juices. It's not at all tiresome, and I really like the flavor. Could easily be - and probably will be - my all-day vape. On the second tank of it now. Actually this is only the second time I qualify a juice as an "all day vape". There are flavors out there that are more "spectacular", but I get tired of them easily. This is not "demanding". It's just good. It's going to the front of my juice stash.

I found out a long time ago that for me flavors are at their best if I vape two concurrently, with complimenting flavors - if I don't do that, flavor just tends to peter out, my taste buds get used to it and no longer react as they do on the first few drags. It's a pretty common problem. CA goes perfectly with Boba's Bounty: Boba's is dark, deep flavored, exotic, complicated and tobacco-y, while CA is light, refreshing, easy, and mostly high notes with the deeper nuance provided by caramel accent. A great combination.

It also mixes great with Liqua bright tobacco, which I will review next.

My one complaint about it - and this applies to all GV juices - is that I wish it was available in other PG/VG proportions and a choice of sizes. I really would rather have it at 50/50 (with just a tad stronger flavor for that proportion). Reason being that too much PG aggravates my mouth and throat - I have to take a sip of water after every second drag, or, else, I end up in pain. Which is a bummer, since I like to chain-vape.

I think I'll do more juice reviews here and there - I try a lot of juices and it's fun. So I'm going to use a rating system: from 1 "vaper" to 5 "vapers" :). This one definitely gets five:

:vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor::vapor:

christopher6046

Mar 13, 2012
new york
I have the pear and golly jolly, all in 17MG.

The pear is right on, great taste ( really does taste like a pear ) and good amount of vapor. TH isnt really there, but I do like a strong TH. I suggest everyone to try this. Its my everyday vape for now on.

Golly Jolly, isn't what i expected. Has a perfume taste, so i m letting it steep for awhile and see what happens.

Also would like if they had the "nipple" on the bottle instead of what they gave me.

Last edited:

dannoman

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2010
Sugar Land, Texas USA
I've actually come to like the dropper. Maybe we can work in both or at least make it available for a small extra purchase.

thank you for the feedback, i love the pear myself as well. i might kill off the golly jolly for the same reason you mentioned.

im also working on getting the same clear bottles with nipples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread