• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Flying out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shihan Virtouso

Mar 4, 2017
Hi guys, I just wanna share you my story and experience flying in and out of Singapore with our vape toy. I reside in Indonesia and we have no problems with vaping. I have been flying in and out of Singapore for 6 times already with my vape toy(mod+atomizer+eJuice) and I have no issue of getting caught. But, unfortunately last 27th Feb 2017 flying in to Singapore on my way to the exit door and be free from customs officials has run out. A customs official asked kindly if they could scan my laptop bag. Its a normal procedure, so I obliged. I had no problems with my laptop bag being scanned with my vape toy in it and usually get pass the check, exit the airport and on my way to the train station. Unfortunately that day I was checked, I forgot to do my SOP on bringing in our vape toy to Singapore. What I mean by my SOP is a standard operating procedure that I usually do to get pass the check point, where in I disassemble the Vape mod from its Atomizer. Moving on, they run a scan on my laptop bag with my vape mod still connected to the atomizer and finally determined that I'm bringing an eCig. They called it eCig when they asked me to hand over it to them... I didn't get penalized since its my 1st time getting caught and the fact that its okay to Vape in Indonesia and I wasn't aware that Vape toys are prohibited in Singapore.
The funny thing is when I asked the customs official to why they forbid bringing in eCig to Singapore. One official replied that its because there is a case that a person died using an eCig. I smirked and replied that there is a lot more people are dying from smoking a cigarette and yet its still okay/allowed to smoke in Singapore at a placed smoking areas. They just remained silent after that and bid enjoy my stay in Singapore.

Nwei, Tips of flying in with our Vape Toy to Singapore:
1. Disassemble your vape toy.
2. Make sure that your vape mod is set way part from the atomizer.
3. Don't remove the batteries inside the vape mod(cause it disguises itself and be seen in the scanner as a power bank). Even better if you put a USB cable charger beside it.
4. Just bring one eJuice, so it will just seen as bottle of perfume.
5. Tried and tested.
6. Make it as an SOP.

Critics are welcome, its a free world.
Vape on Vapers. GLHF!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread