Status
Not open for further replies.

MustangSallie

Mistress Blabber Mouth
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
USA
I've flown with my PVs serveral times. 510s and eGos. I put them in my carry on, and I was only stopped once. As soon as the TSA agent saw the eCigs with his eyes instead of in the xRay machine, he let me go. No hassle at all. I've also recently read that TSA would prefer that you carry your ecig on the plane instead of packing them. I believe this is due to potential battery issues in the non-pressurized luggage compartments on the plane. Carry them with you, you should have no trouble.

MustangSallie

Mistress Blabber Mouth
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
USA
I normally have them and any spare cartos/atties in a separate case, like a plastic pencil box or something. I'll put that in my computer bag, but it's easy to take out if they want to look at it. The liquid, I keep in a 1 quart baggie of course. Some people take their PVs out and put them on top of the rest of the stuff in a bin, or in one of the little change bowls they provide.

MustangSallie

Mistress Blabber Mouth
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
USA
I think you might be reading about indoor smoking laws. I don't live there anymore, but indoor smoking was banned when I did, and I believe indoor vaping is as well. That isn't the same as traveling with them. You can have them anywhere in the US, it's just a matter of where you're allowed to use them.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
The batteries we use in our PVs are not suppose to be put in checked luggage. Liquids can go in your checked bag but mine go in my 1 qt ziplock bag that I take in my carryon and one does have to put seperately in the bin going through security. Same rules as any other liquids you take on a plane with you. My Pv's go in my e-cig case and in my carryon. Sometimes the screener lets them go through no question and other times they will check. Once they verify they are e-cigs there is no problem. Really no problem at all, and only slows down the process by a minute or two at most. Not a big deal. :)

MustangSallie

Mistress Blabber Mouth
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
USA
Yes, I have. Then I read that TSA would prefer they NOT go in checked baggage. I will be carrying them on with me always, from now on. Just because one person had a good experience doesn't mean they will all go well. Do what you're comfortable with, but make sure it's a decision you can live with if something goes wrong.

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
im just trying to figure out if anyone has* put thier battery's non-carry on

Yes I'm sure people have put their PV batteries in their checked luggage and have managed to get them to their destination. But they should not since you will find listed on the TSA website that since Jan 1, 2008 the DOT no longer allows loose lithium batteries in checked luggage. For saftety reasons they want you to carry lithium batteries on the plane with you.

Last edited:

MustangSallie

Mistress Blabber Mouth
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
USA
The PVs themselves don't need to go in the bag, but it you want, that should be fine. You can probably just leave the PVs in your laptop bag. They'll show on the x-ray, but probably won't be a problem with TSA especially in NJ. If they know what they are here in Maine, I'm sure you'll be fine there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread