Travel and Vaping Flying with vape gear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burn14me

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2013
El paso Texas
Taking flight to Georgia next month I only bring a single carry-on bag. Looking for information on what can and can not be taken on planes such as juice quantities, batteries and mods, kanthal, mesh, some of these mods look dangerous to uninformed people has anyone flown with vape gear in carry-on bag.
Thanks for any info

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I've flown internationally and domestic many dozens of times, vape gear always carried on, never had a single problem.
Liquids go in a quart size baggie, 3oz per container limit, as many as you can stuff in your liquids baggie. Everything goes in a bin going through security, never been asked a question.
---> http://http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/travel-e-cig/

basylica

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Dallas, Tx
LOL...I flew for the first time since I started vaping. clearos will leak, be prepared.
also, I got stopped and asked if I had a electronic cig (I even put it in the bin with my shoes!) but later while going through my bag realized they had let me pass TWICE through security with my pocket "geek tool" that has knives and such. WHA??

evidently 3oz of liquids spell trouble, but a pocket full of blades is cool?
and to be clear, I had NO IDEA I had it (it lives in my laptop bag and I forgot i'd put it there. I used to travel ALL the time and never put it in my bag back then)

N2rock

ECF Veteran
Jan 29, 2011
Sugar Land, TX
I have never had a problem flying with my mods except through LAX. And yes, certain atomizers will leak due to the pressure differential so I always have some paper towel and alcohol wipes on hand.

TSA: Touching Someones As...

What was the problem at LAX? I'm traveling from Houston to LAX and back in a couple weeks.

In all my previous trips to LA, I've always been going for a week stay. So I always had to pack a lot of clothes which meant checking my bags. As such, I always put all my vape gear in my checked bags. This upcoming trip is going to be just 2 days- so I can fit everything in carry on. But now I'm wondering if my Zmax will make it thru security. Would definitely suck to get out to LA and not have any vape.

Endor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2012
Southern California
I fly a lot on business with vape gear, even international (in fact, I'm in Australia now with US vape gear and a ton of juice). LAX is the easiest (I am on TSA PreCheck though). Ft Lauderdale FLL is the worst... I get inspected almost every time I fly through there.

Tips:
- any tank will leak and make a mess. Vape them dry and pack them individually in those small snack size zip locks.
- if you're using a mod like a vamo or provari, remove the battery before going through security. It looks much less suspicious under the x-ray and made my additional screenings disappear (even in FLL)
- Juice is no problem. I dont even remove it from my carry on. No issues with needle filler caps either.

You CAN carry on everything legally. A large mod may get extra screening, that's all. Just make sure you give yourself time just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread