ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
what - you mean this one?
P9190132.jpg
or maybe you meant this one
P8260105.jpg
naa could have been this one i think......
P9040108.jpg

:2cool:

( i sold them and just have an all brass now)
i heard those VR copies are pretty dead on if thats true 60 bucks shipped for a near 1/1 isnt bad at all

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Oh well now you are just rubbing it in! :p ... I have studied the Poldiac, so yeah, they are amazing 1:1's but I have a "thing" about shipping costs as I used to be an online retailer, therefore I also know what it actually cost to ship within the US from first class to overnight, and online retailers get a break in shipping costs from USPS, so it's hard for me to not feel taken advantage of .. its the principal of the matter.

And I'll take pic #1 for the win, lol ... very nice ... me and the Poldiac were meant to be together so it will happen ... one day :laugh:

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa
Ever since the shipping disaster at fasttech began in October, I had been hoping that I could find some new, and reliable vendors out of China . After searching the internet, I found Focalecig.com, which appears to be a new e cigarette vendor, as I had not heard them mentioned on ECF before. Shortly there after I also noticed that Gotsmok.com frequently ran various promotional ads for them, and so I decided to check them out.

They carry a lot of the same products that fasttech does (adding more products every week), and at comparable prices too. They have enough of variety that both new vapers, and intermediate/advanced vapers can find something that appeals to them ... I did a bit more internet searching and found that this vendor is somewhat known on a few UK ecig sites , and that they have a good reputation for reliability, and customer service. So after a few weeks of watching their site I finally decided to place my first order for a Kraken RBA, and Caravela 18350 Mod. There was another product that I was interested in, but had questions about, so I sent an email to to the contact address listed on their website and I received a very quick and courteous reply from the sale manager Doris, who answered all of my questions, and seemed very eager to please a new customer.

Focalecigs does offer free shipping on all orders .... The one thing to be aware of is that once you place an order, the order can only be tracked from your user account on the website as they do not send email confirmations for orders placed at this time. However, you would still receive an email confirmation of order/payment from Paypal. I checked my order today via their website and it is currently in the "processing" stage (order placed last night).

So far I have a very good feeling about Focalecigs, and I hope they turn out to be a reliable vendor because quite frankly I feel that Fasttech has way more business then they can handle at times, as items are frequently restocking with long delays, and their customer service has gone down because they have difficulty keeping up the with customer demand.

Once I receive my order I will come back with a review of the items I purchased, and overall service from this vendor, but so far it looks good ... and with my fingers crossed I am hoping Focalecigs will become the next Fasttech. #goteamcheapmod :p

Google Focalecig.com as the links do not work from ECF ... also here is a 10% off coupon code FOCALECIGSHARING

** another note ** their mech mods are categorized under the "ecig tools and accessories" sections

Thanks for this!

I'm a little leery of some of the Chinese import sites, there's a reason they sometimes have a bad rep, but this is all very similar to the clone Gibson guitars that you can buy from similar sites - they're known as "Chibsons" in the guitar world. There's a lot of honest sellers out there, even though the gear they sell is a straight rip off of Gibson, and lots of people are happy customers.

That's really the reason why I've not bought from Fasttech, is I like to buy the real thing. I know I won't stop clones, but I can choose where I spend - but honestly, some of Fasttech's prices...it's hard to say no. :)

Same for a Chibson. I want a Les Paul, badly. I can't justify $2k for one. Those Chibsons, at $300....it's so tempting...

Edited to add: Oooh, a nemesis for $21? A Chi You for $22? A RED 134? Must. Not. Get. Out. CC.

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
@BillyWJ you don't have to tell me ... I have no problem spending money, but who says I need to spend it all in one place, or on one thing. I want quality and quantity! I guess I am lucky because I have done my fair share of business with China, and I don't ever receive garbage product .. but I am also selective and I do research before I do or buy anything, so I think this pays off for me.

That is why I started the thread because I understand the "weariness" of buying abroad, but like you said, there are good reputable vendors in China, and its just a matter of finding out who they are... and of course there is only one way to find out! ;-)

BillyWJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2013
usa
@BillyWJ you don't have to tell me ... I have no problem spending money, but who says I need to spend it all in one place, or on one thing. I want quality and quantity! I guess I am lucky because I have done my fair share of business with China, and I don't ever receive garbage product .. but I am also selective and I do research before I do or buy anything, so I think this pays off for me.

That is why I started the thread because I understand the "weariness" of buying abroad, but like you said, there are good reputable vendors in China, and its just a matter of finding out who they are... and of course there is only one way to find out! ;-)

I think I might be finding out, too, that site has lots of shiny with nice, small numbers next to them!

Ahoy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
Philly
I am really curious as to how their customer service is and how peoples experiences are going to be. Prices are pretty comparable to FT.

I wonder how their shipping will be too, I have had some very fast china shipments (5-7days) and some insane ones (1+months) to me, I would rather just pay an in-state company and support a small business than wait a month for something in the mail unless its very rare.

Small business is the backbone of our economy in the US..meh ill throw an extra 10$ to help out :)

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan
I have placed several large orders with Fasttech, and my orders have arrived in under 25 days. It baffles me as to why Fasttech would ship through Singapore which is 1,600 miles away with the only route being by sea due to the battery issue (maybe juice as well) prohibiting them from shipping by air.

It has to make a nightmare of the logistics. Fasttech must not have bribed the right officials to be forced to go through such circuitous route.

My last two orders are somewhere in the US, but the USPS tracking system is not telling me much more right now. There are some other orders from US vendors (non e cig related) also floating in the system, but that is probably due to the Christmas mail rush and the terrible weather east of the Mississippi. We have large chunks of Michigan without electric power, and Michigan generally handles bad weather pretty well.

I hope you have better luck with your Krakens than I have had with mine. One has a defective thread, and the other has an internal short. My TEC mod stopped working after a few days. I created a ticket and am now sending these back to Fasttech. One cannot blame Fasttech for QC issues with product. It's happened with US vendors, but the good ones stand up for the products they sell.

At least, I do not have to send them back to China but to an address in Miami. Let's see how Fasttech follows up with replacements.

Thanks for the information, though. It's good to have a second source, and I will place a test order with them.

It's scary in a way to see the mind boggling explosion of choices in product and suppliers.

Be aware, though, the Chinese New Year is coming up in about a month so any orders hitting the Chinese system in that time period will be held up another two weeks.

Cromeus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 12, 2013
FSJ, BC, Canada
Do they actually ship batteries?

I'll let you know - I ordered their mahogany e-pipe, which comes with 2 el cheapo 16350s, so if it gets lost I'm only out $40. $40 for mahogany 510 threaded isn't too bad, though I don't like the look of their clearomizers

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
I have been waiting since 22 Nov for several orders from Focale and Wallbuys via Swiss Post and Sweden Post, and still no delivery yet (35 days later)..Focale's CS does not respond and U must contact their partner/owner Wallbuys who also do not respond usually but do on a rare occasion with the standard "in transit" reply....as frustrating as FT is, I will never use Focale or Wallbuys again...as bad as FT's CS is , at least FT's CS does respond eventually and also their forums staff does help with order support..and Wallbuys and Focale both have limited supplies and are same priced as FT, and has the same shipping problems and tracking as FT..

and yes, Focale does ship all batteries via Swiss and Sweden Post, but receiving them may be a different story...also Focale and Wallbuys takes 5 business days to ship an order, so I am nearing my 45 day paypal dispute deadline and just opened up a dispute this morning regarding these 2 sites and orders..'

FT is using Malaysia Post with some success for 18650's, along with the costly DHL...ego batts are easily shipped via USPS epacket via China Post, USPS First Class, and Registered Airmail Singapore Post..epacket being the fastest of all, followed by Registered Airmail Singapore Post, and USPS being the worse..

I'm not a great fan of FT (but do buy from them after learning the ins and outs of their ways over the past year) but I can honestly say they are heads and shoulders in ever possible way above these Focale and Wallbuys sites..these 2 sites are cheap imitations of FT with no regard for the customer once an item is purchased..

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Wow, I understand your frustration, but isn't that the risk you take when ordering batteries from China? .. Fasttech has many 60 day + outstanding shipments for non battery related items that frustrated customers are still waiting for. And in defense of both companies, once the items ship there is nothing they can do about delivery times. As a customer it is maddening I know, but you can't blame the vendor for the slow shipping of the Swiss post because neither company works for Swiss Post ... what other response aside from "in transit" could they give you?

Now if you are talking about 35 days later and your item still has not shipped, then ok your anger is justified, and Fasttech has plenty of those.

I don't see the problem with items taking 5 days to ship, most especially when it says clear as day on the item listing " ships in 3 to 7 days" , unless otherwise noted, as some items are listed to ship within 30 hours. The only thing I would have a problem with is deception, but as long as the terms of sale are clearly outlined prior to my purchase, then I am good.

Oh, and lets not forget that it is the Holiday season, and once buyers found out that Chinese vendors were willing to ship the previously banned batteries via Swiss or Malaysian Post, once again the masses flooded them with orders ... so I don't see anything unusual, or questionable about your situation, although I do empathize with your frustration because I want everything NOW too ... but I also accept the responsibility and the risk of long shipping times when I order from China.

I have been waiting since 22 Nov for several orders from Focale and Wallbuys via Swiss Post and Sweden Post, and still no delivery yet (35 days later)..Focale's CS does not respond and U must contact their partner/owner Wallbuys who also do not respond usually but do on a rare occasion with the standard "in transit" reply....as frustrating as FT is, I will never use Focale or Wallbuys again...as bad as FT's CS is , at least FT's CS does respond eventually and also their forums staff does help with order support..and Wallbuys and Focale both have limited supplies and are same priced as FT, and has the same shipping problems and tracking as FT..

and yes, Focale does ship all batteries via Swiss and Sweden Post, but receiving them may be a different story...also Focale and Wallbuys takes 5 business days to ship an order, so I am nearing my 45 day paypal dispute deadline and just opened up a dispute this morning regarding these 2 sites and orders..'

FT is using Malaysia Post with some success for 18650's, along with the costly DHL...ego batts are easily shipped via USPS epacket via China Post, USPS First Class, and Registered Airmail Singapore Post..epacket being the fastest of all, followed by Registered Airmail Singapore Post, and USPS being the worse..

I'm not a great fan of FT (but do buy from them after learning the ins and outs of their ways over the past year) but I can honestly say they are heads and shoulders in ever possible way above these Focale and Wallbuys sites..these 2 sites are cheap imitations of FT with no regard for the customer once an item is purchased..

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
I have placed several large orders with Fasttech, and my orders have arrived in under 25 days. It baffles me as to why Fasttech would ship through Singapore which is 1,600 miles away with the only route being by sea due to the battery issue (maybe juice as well) prohibiting them from shipping by air.

It has to make a nightmare of the logistics. Fasttech must not have bribed the right officials to be forced to go through such circuitous route.

My last two orders are somewhere in the US, but the USPS tracking system is not telling me much more right now. There are some other orders from US vendors (non e cig related) also floating in the system, but that is probably due to the Christmas mail rush and the terrible weather east of the Mississippi. We have large chunks of Michigan without electric power, and Michigan generally handles bad weather pretty well.

I hope you have better luck with your Krakens than I have had with mine. One has a defective thread, and the other has an internal short. My TEC mod stopped working after a few days. I created a ticket and am now sending these back to Fasttech. One cannot blame Fasttech for QC issues with product. It's happened with US vendors, but the good ones stand up for the products they sell.

At least, I do not have to send them back to China but to an address in Miami. Let's see how Fasttech follows up with replacements.

Thanks for the information, though. It's good to have a second source, and I will place a test order with them.

It's scary in a way to see the mind boggling explosion of choices in product and suppliers.

Be aware, though, the Chinese New Year is coming up in about a month so any orders hitting the Chinese system in that time period will be held up another two weeks.
Fix for the Kracken...you can get a drillbit, disassemble, remove the gaskets/insulators from top and bottom where the center pin goes, drill out the flashing/crappy machining down the center channel where the center pin sits (apparently they hire the stupidest Chinaman [or one with one leg shorter than the other] to run the lathe to machine out the center conductor hole...not only the Kracken but a few other tanks as well...seems to be a common occurrence...it's Chinese QC...not FT issue...but they WILL make it right, which is a HUGE + for them.

Last edited:

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Wow, I understand your frustration, but isn't that the risk you take when ordering batteries from China? .. Fasttech has many 60 day + outstanding shipments for non battery related items that frustrated customers are still waiting for. And in defense of both companies, once the items ship there is nothing they can do about delivery times. As a customer it is maddening I know, but you can't blame the vendor for the slow shipping of the Swiss post because neither company works for Swiss Post ... what other response aside from "in transit" could they give you?

Now if you are talking about 35 days later and your item still has not shipped, then ok your anger is justified, and Fasttech has plenty of those.

I don't see the problem with items taking 5 days to ship, most especially when it says clear as day on the item listing " ships in 3 to 7 days" , unless otherwise noted, as some items are listed to ship within 30 hours. The only thing I would have a problem with is deception, but as long as the terms of sale are clearly outlined prior to my purchase, then I am good.

Oh, and lets not forget that it is the Holiday season, and once buyers found out that Chinese vendors were willing to ship the previously banned batteries via Swiss or Malaysian Post, once again the masses flooded them with orders ... so I don't see anything unusual, or questionable about your situation, although I do empathize with your frustration because I want everything NOW too ... but I also accept the responsibility and the risk of long shipping times when I order from China.

As I stated..its all around ..the lack of items, the lack of response to my emails..the complete lack of any customer service...my point has nothing to do with the shipper they selected...I think U missed my entire point....are U sure U read my post?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread