Focalecig ... A new Fasttech??

Status
Not open for further replies.

deanthemachine

ECF Veteran
Sep 26, 2013
OKC, OK
Why do people order batteries from China? A $25 clone of a $300 mod, ok I get it. But a top of the line 18650 is like 10 to 12 bucks in the states and you get in like 3 days. Unless you are buying like a hundred, why worry about saving a few bucks with potentially months of shipping and the possibility of a counterfeit for something that could go into thermal nasty or explode in your face.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Why do people order batteries from China? A $25 clone of a $300 mod, ok I get it. But a top of the line 18650 is like 10 to 12 bucks in the states and you get in like 3 days. Unless you are buying like a hundred, why worry about saving a few bucks with potentially months of shipping and the possibility of a counterfeit for something that could go into thermal nasty or explode in your face.
I was gonna order them to put in my flashlight...I order my mod batteries from RTDVapor

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
As I stated..its all around ..the lack of items, the lack of response to my emails..the complete lack of any customer service...my point has nothing to do with the shipper they selected...I think U missed my entire point....are U sure U read my post?

I didn't miss anything, and I was trying to be polite, and empathetic to your situation, whereas in reality, and all things considered I think you are overreacting, and since you like to use capital letters for emphasis, let me emphasis some things for YOU...

1. It has already been established in this thread that Focalecigs is a new company which is still growing, so no, they do not have the same variety, and inventory as Fasttech, yet the do have enough product to warrant some interest at this time. If you felt their offerings were so inferior WHY DID YOU ORDER FROM THEM??

2. While you stated that you have had difficulty in getting a response when U wanted one, you also stated that when THEY DID RESPOND it was with a generic status of package in transit ... So you have received a response, it just wasn't the response that U wanted. And for the record, if you know that your package has been shipped, which means it is now in the custody of the Swiss Postal system, then why are you baggering the vendor for a status that COMMON SENSE should tell you they cannot give U because the package is no longer in custody of the vendor??

Once a package has entered the postal system there is no reason to contact the vendor unless a) your package was received and your items were either defective or not as described. b) your tracking # indicates that your package was delivered to the wrong address, or that it was returned to the vendor ... if neither A or B applies to your situation there is no reason to contact the vendor for a status after your order has shipped because there is nothing to tell you, nor anything they can do for you at that point.

3. Your complaint that it took 5 days for your order to ship is RIDICULOUS considering the FACT that 95% of the items listed on that site says " shipping: 3 to 7 calender days from ordering " ... so what is the problem? And if that was not good enough for U, THEN WHY DID YOU ORDER FROM THEM??

Easy answer ... SELF DECEPTION. You ordered banned items from China because you wanted them at the cheapest price possible, and now you are mad because the Swiss Post is taking too long to deliver them, and you think Focalecigs should be able to tell you more than "package in transit" :blink: .... Ok, clearly it is U who does not understand, and being that I am not fluent in "hysterics", I have nothing further to add to your self induced hysteria which is being aggravated by your over inflated sense of entitlement to cheap China products..... Bye!

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Also...to Nikk....here's your answers..

1..I ordered because I wanted to try a new vendor and was curious, a normal thing.

2...I never stated what I ordered, but nothing was illegal...are you now the Ecig police?

3...I didn't choose a shipper, its not an option at checkout...Focale chose the shipper..

4..The shipper was Sweden Post not Swiss post, ...so your reply post
regarding my poor judgement of shippers is totally unfounded., and I am very familiar with all shippers and trackers and how all postal systems work..

5..I tried to contact Focale because they never provided me a tracking number as they should have...I had no intentions of ever contacting them for any reasons but was left with no choice since these were Christmas gifts for family and friends, and I wanted to know the status before Christmas and Focale had provide absolutely no information other than the shipper was Sweden post, after I finally contacted Wallbuy for the info (based on a hunch they were associated with Focale and had the same paypal transaction ID). and it had been over a month (30 days to you) and Christmas was knocking on the door, and I had not received the order nor any tracking or any information at all regarding my order..

6...I was never notified when the order was shipped, I presume it was 3-5 business days based on the site's info next to the items..this was not a complaint by me or ridiculous thinking on my part...

7...I am not ignorant and did nothing to create a bad experience with Focale

8..I had no SELF Deception or hysteria in my previous post.....how you came to that conclusion is simply amazing.

9..I did not use CAPS throughout my previous post...please have your eyes checked..

*...I don't appreciate you calling me names, total bashing , your condescending attitude and insinuating I did something illegal, wrong, and I should have expected all this because I did so many things incorrectly...Please read and comprehend before you decide to bash me or anybody in the future...

Last edited:

danimal40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
Boston

I agree about reg batteries they can be had for close enough to the same money like the efest 30a 18650 for 7.79 at 101vape. But I need ego batteries for my wife and they cant be got anywhere near the 4 or 5 bucks that china sellers have them for

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
looks promising. bookmarking. thanks for the heads up.

i was treated very badly. i really mean that.

had fasttech treated me the way focalecig treated you, i might be back for another order.

if i truncate and short hand every detail, it's a very long story including faulty equipment, fraud, accusations, theft, months, etc.. ordered 10/16, still battling and nowhere near an acceptable resolution.

i'll spare you the details.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
@ szot, I already said I was done ...

But to clarify all those who may be viewing this thread ... when you place an order at Focalecigs you WILL NOT receive an email confirmation of the order from them. You must go to the website and enter the email address attached to your Paypal, and the order # and your order status will appear, and is updated regularly. You will receive a payment confirmation from Paypal for your order.

Secondly, if you make an order for batteries (with the exception of Ego type) you DO NOT get to chose your shipping method. Your order will automatically be shipped via Sweden Post because Hong Kong Post, Singapore Post, and China Post does not ship batteries because the are BANNED from air mail ... as such, you should expect to wait ... for a while, most especially if you place an order around the Holiday season.

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
As I stated clearly...I was provided NO information at all, either at the website or through customer service...no tracking number, NO ORDER number, nor did my PP log in at the side contain ANY info,..in fact my PP log in info didn't even work at the site, when clicking on order info....

of course I also received PP confirmation ...so what?..it was useless, still is, as far as obtaining Focale information and my order status...but PP retains a log of all transactions and an ID for me to dispute my purchase from Focale

When I order from any vendor I expect a tracking number and a customer service rep be available to answer any questions or resolve any problems that may arise (lost shipment, damaged goods, wrong product sent, etc)...Focale provided neither...

Don't try to educate somebody that has already been there and done that 1000x...about Focale, or any Chinese vendor.

BTW...a 37 day wait NOW with no status and no tracking is not normal with ANY shipper in China, especially when U paid for a tracking number by placing orders over $15...I order from China weekly , as I have a vape shop and a Sports bar that I own and sell vaping items daily from them both..I am no noob to China and the vaping world, nor to the business industry in the US or in China....

anyways, that's my very bad experience with both Focale and Wallbuys in China, and don't recommend them at all to anybody who wants to order from them..

Last edited:

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Well decided to put FC up against FT on delivery of EGO batteries. FC order was $17.82 and FT order was $20.67. Don't like not getting an email of my order from FC, and when I try to look it up the site gives an error for my order #. I go to tracking and it shows paid and processing, but that's all the info I can access. I think they have a lot of work on the site to be up to FT. These orders are just to test delivery. Will let you know in a few weeks who won.

Vape On
:vapor:

szot

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
I have 2 orders with Focale and 2 orders With Wallbuys, their owner and sister site...but still NOT received any orders since 22 Nov and no info or no tracking for either...and they both used Swiss Post and Sweden Post for these orders, the slowest shippers in China to the US..and no illegal items in all 4 orders..and I have opened up 4 Paypal disputes now for each order....

I also made 4 orders on 22 Nov with Fasttech, and received tracking numbers immediately and were shipped out the next day, for all 4 orders..2 orders with USPS epacket China Post shipping arrived within 10 days to my home in the US, and 2 other orders with ego batts and shipped Registered Airmail Singapore Post (Not USPS First Class) were received within 17 days...and I had no need to contact Customer Service for anything..

These 8 orders of 4 from FT, and 4 from Focale-Wallbuys (which are the same company and monies are distributed into the same Paypal account ID), were complete opposites of each other and had completely different experiences and results....so this was my "Test Run" of these 3 sites/vendors..and its easily to see that my experiences with Focale and Wallbuys were just very unsatisfactory and I learned a lesson to never use either again..

DelboyinDorset

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 10, 2013
Dorset - UK
Cheers for the link, bought a cheap Kraken @ $13, some wool, batteries and a couple DCT's with fill ports and air screws, with the reduc it came to £12 or something crazy like that so hopefully it will be a good go as Vaporbreak are still doing best in my experience, M16 and a few bits ordered 18th Dec, arrived here today 10 days later which has overtaken some Nov ordered FT items. My Nemesis and Russian ordered Xmas day are already with the carrier that VB use so if Focale end up FT wise then I will stick with VB as they do get their stuff pretty quick to us in the UK.

Addendum:

What I am having problems with is Everbuying which seem to be a clone of Ahappydeal, had an order extant now since mid August and PP saying that the company resent the order so I should wait, EB saying I should wait but hey, its four months plus, why should I wait???

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
i dunno, i personally dont see an issue with the delays. but then again i do international orders all the time, very rarely are many of them speedy in their deliveries.

bought an atty from Finland took 7 weeks, 3 1/2 of those were sitting in customs being examined over there at their border.
from Russia was 6 1/2 weeks i believe
Germany took 5 weeks
last fastech order almost 8 weeks
from Hungary 2 1/2 weeks
Scotland took right around 3 weeks

my point being international mail goes through a lot and will vary depending on whats going on over there with regards to customs, local shipping practices and things like decelerations, inspections and duties. how bad does XXXX shipper want every package from YYY country examined. etc.

this is just par for the course and while it sucks my feeling is if you cant handle a delay or cannot wait do not order from overseas. If you really need something or are depending on something in the order just dont do it.

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
Gonna let you in on a little secret...they are all from China DHGate.com (they just order the EXACT same thing you would get from FT...but in bulk...and then mark it up)

Last edited:

Barbara21

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 21, 2013
Greenville, SC, USA
I have been waiting since 22 Nov for several orders from Focale and Wallbuys via Swiss Post and Sweden Post, and still no delivery yet (35 days later)..Focale's CS does not respond and U must contact their partner/owner Wallbuys who also do not respond usually but do on a rare occasion with the standard "in transit" reply....as frustrating as FT is, I will never use Focale or Wallbuys again...as bad as FT's CS is , at least FT's CS does respond eventually and also their forums staff does help with order support..and Wallbuys and Focale both have limited supplies and are same priced as FT, and has the same shipping problems and tracking as FT..

and yes, Focale does ship all batteries via Swiss and Sweden Post, but receiving them may be a different story...also Focale and Wallbuys takes 5 business days to ship an order, so I am nearing my 45 day paypal dispute deadline and just opened up a dispute this morning regarding these 2 sites and orders..'

FT is using Malaysia Post with some success for 18650's, along with the costly DHL...ego batts are easily shipped via USPS epacket via China Post, USPS First Class, and Registered Airmail Singapore Post..epacket being the fastest of all, followed by Registered Airmail Singapore Post, and USPS being the worse..

I'm not a great fan of FT (but do buy from them after learning the ins and outs of their ways over the past year) but I can honestly say they are heads and shoulders in ever possible way above these Focale and Wallbuys sites..these 2 sites are cheap imitations of FT with no regard for the customer once an item is purchased..

FT is not sending ego batts via ePacket (to the US). This is the email I got from them when I tried it (3 times for 3 orders)...

As you may notice that your order is shipped via Sweden Post, this is caused due to the battery (or liquid) in your order.

Since e-packet you choose cannot ship any kinds of battery including built-in battery such as ego battery and liquid, we transferred to shipping method for it.

Thanks for your understanding in advance. Merry Christmas and happy new year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread