Focalecig ... A new Fasttech??

Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddJohnson

ECF Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
Nanaimo BC
I have 2 orders with Focale and 2 orders With Wallbuys, their owner and sister site...but still NOT received any orders since 22 Nov and no info or no tracking for either...and they both used Swiss Post and Sweden Post for these orders, the slowest shippers in China to the US..and no illegal items in all 4 orders..and I have opened up 4 Paypal disputes now for each order....

I also made 4 orders on 22 Nov with fasttech, and received tracking numbers immediately and were shipped out the next day, for all 4 orders..2 orders with USPS epacket China Post shipping arrived within 10 days to my home in the US, and 2 other orders with ego batts and shipped Registered Airmail Singapore Post (Not USPS First Class) were received within 17 days...and I had no need to contact Customer Service for anything..

These 8 orders of 4 from FT, and 4 from Focale-Wallbuys (which are the same company and monies are distributed into the same Paypal account ID), were complete opposites of each other and had completely different experiences and results....so this was my "Test Run" of these 3 sites/vendors..and its easily to see that my experiences with Focale and Wallbuys were just very unsatisfactory and I learned a lesson to never use either again..

szot could you please clarify your November Focalecig - Fastech experiences?

In a post earlier this month on the http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ion/505181-my-first-experience-chinabuye.html thread you posted:

"I also have tried a few smaller Chinese vendors, wallbuys.com and focalecigs.com (affiliates), which has same prices as FastTtech (FT), but had better luck with shipping/ordering from wallbuys and focalecigs than I did with FT.....I have 4 orders on 28 Nov shipped with FT, that are still in China..and 4 orders with wallbuys and focalecigs from same date shipped 28 Nov , that have been delivered already to me in the US..all orders were ego batts and tanks etc..so another option , U may want to consider is wallbuys and focalecigs....I have a feeling FT had burned some bridges and not well received by postal in China, and that's why I did this lil 8 order test run...and the products and prices are all fairly equal in quality from all 3 of these Chinese vendors..and they all use Singapore Post, Swiss Post, Sweden Post, HK Post, China Post etc then USPS for shipping.."

Did you do 2 test-runs with such vastly different results? 2x4 on the 22nd and 2x4 on the 28th?

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York

In a post earlier this month on the http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...ion/505181-my-first-experience-chinabuye.html thread you posted:

"I also have tried a few smaller Chinese vendors, wallbuys.com and focalecigs.com (affiliates), which has same prices as FastTtech (FT), but had better luck with shipping/ordering from wallbuys and focalecigs than I did with FT.....I have 4 orders on 28 Nov shipped with FT, that are still in China..and 4 orders with wallbuys and focalecigs from same date shipped 28 Nov , that have been delivered already to me in the US..all orders were ego batts and tanks etc..so another option , U may want to consider is wallbuys and focalecigs....I have a feeling FT had burned some bridges and not well received by postal in China, and that's why I did this lil 8 order test run...and the products and prices are all fairly equal in quality from all 3 of these Chinese vendors..and they all use Singapore Post, Swiss Post, Sweden Post, HK Post, China Post etc then USPS for shipping.."

Did you do 2 test-runs with such vastly different results? 2x4 on the 22nd and 2x4 on the 28th?

Wow!! @BuddJohnson I love you!! LOL ... you are more on point than me, and thank you for confirming what my gut, and powers of perception already told me. ;-) ... some people I tell ya!

Last edited:

danimal40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
Boston

sounds like someone is riding both sides of the fence...:facepalm:

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Took a look. Did a little reading.

Nothing to make me feel secure in using them over any other China Vender.

Do not like the idea they lack the ability(or desire) to send a simple email conformation of an order.
I only deal with companies that reply to a purchase and provide Tracking.

Ahh, I think you are misunderstanding some things ... Yes, its true that you do not receive an email confirmation of your order, but you can track your order directly on their website. Secondly, they absolutely do provide a tracking # as I just received mine today to confirm shipping, which I also previously commented about today...

Also I have stated at least twice within this thread that Focalecig is a new vendor, and they are AWARE THAT THEIR SYSTEM NEEDS SOME IMPROVEMENT... and they are working on it.

I am not trying to convince anyone that they should order from Focalecig, I am merely making those who are not aware, that there is another vendor from China on the block, and have created a space to have an open discussion regarding customer experiences with them ... period.

Perception Vs Reality is a very interesting thing ... On 12/25/13 I made a purchase with Chinabuye (1st), and Focalecig (2nd), they are both new vendors to me, and I was interested in trying both companies. Now Chinabuye did send an email confirmation after I placed my order, for an item which was listed as In Stock. Approx 30 hours after placing my order I received an email from Chinabuye which stated my order would take approx 3 to 7 days to ship .. Now they tell me? More than 30 hours AFTER my purchase, interesting ... , whereas Focalecig had this information posted upfront, on the item listing itself.

While Focalecig did not send an email confirmation of my order, I have been able to log into their website using my email and order# to obtain a status of my order.

Perception: Chinabuye seems better, based on appearances, and email confirmations. Reality: my order still hasn't shipped yet, and it was just a one piece order for a stainless steel Rocket, and I placed it at least 3 hours before my order with Focal.

Perception: Focalecigs can improve their website and ordering system. Reality: they got the job done because my order has shipped today, and I have had my tracking# for my 1st order since about 9am this morning. And this evening I received the tracking # for a second order.

At the end of the day its not about who looks better on paper and the internet, it is about who can deliver the goods.

If you or anyone else is not interested in Focalecigs that is fine ... :)

danimal40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 29, 2012
Boston
Perception Vs Reality is a very interesting thing ... On 12/25/13 I made a purchase with Chinabuye (1st), and Focalecig (2nd), they are both new vendors to me, and I was interested in trying both companies. Now Chinabuye did send an email confirmation after I placed my order, for an item which was listed as In Stock. Approx 30 hours after placing my order I received an email from Chinabuye which stated my order would take approx 3 to 7 days to ship .. Now they tell me? More than 30 hours AFTER my purchase, interesting ... , whereas Focalecig had this information posted upfront, on the item listing itself.

:)

12-25 :?:.... I always say if you don't like your Christmas gifts buy yourself some...lol

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
I keep trying new Chinese companies too I just bought the Russian clone from from vaporbreak because they had 112 in stock, sent them paypal 2 days later I get email saying sorry out of stock will ship asap when they get more..ugh cant win

Damn, that sucks .. I have come across that vendor several times too, and their prices seem ok until you find out the shipping charge ;-) So I have never ordered from them, but I have been to their site several times.

I like to have a variety of vendors to choose from, both within the US, and outside, most especially when you shop as often as gear addicted vapers do, lol.

elfy

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2013
Elfland, everywhere, USA
ok my stuff is in the mail, but no idea on how to tell where it is at the moment...i can see the tracking number but ...meh..it will get here when it gets here

I ordered a steam turbine and a protank II - from what I was told I'll maybe need to get another glass sleeve for the Turbine and probably screws for it too, since the stock ones might rust. But thats not a big deal.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
ok my stuff is in the mail, but no idea on how to tell where it is at the moment...i can see the tracking number but ...meh..it will get here when it gets here

I ordered a steam turbine and a protank II - from what I was told I'll maybe need to get another glass sleeve for the Turbine and probably screws for it too, since the stock ones might rust. But thats not a big deal.

I agree .. even as I have my tracking# it doesn't make sense to drive yourself crazy checking it all time. Most people know that it takes a few days for your tracking to show in the system anyway, and international can be fast or slow ... if you check it everyday it's slower :laugh:

Let us know how the Steam Turbine is when you receive it because I had that one on my list as well, but decided to go with the Kraken ... I regret not ordering the Pulse G though. I had it in cart, but deleted it at the last second.

**edit** you should be able to use your tracking# here .. if you just rec'd it, I would wait at least three days before trying to track it.

https://tools.usps.com/go/TrackConfirmAction?qtc_tLabels1

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
12-25 :?:.... I always say if you don't like your Christmas gifts buy yourself some...lol

Ahaha .. I spent all of Christmas day on the internet shopping. I asked my family to give me gift cards only so that I could buy my own gifts ... smart eh? lol .. as I posted in another thread, forget the 12 days of Christmas, I am all about the 12 days after Christmas and VAPE MAIL!! 8 orders total, two received, and six more to go!!:banana:

tonyorion

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2010
Michigan

Getting those little 1.4 mm and smaller screws is not that easy. Online, you need to get large quantities. Ace Hardware stores generally carry small screws, but they are slot heads. Wish I could find some with Allen heads or Phillips cross heads. A Cobra I have has them and they are easy to work with.

Good luck with your Kraken. 2/3 I got from the other Chinese retailer had to go back. One had a short thread. How that ever got through any QC is beyond me since it is painfully visible. The other had an internal short. There is a fix for that, but it's a pain to do. Why bother when I can claim a defect. They are on the way back now. Odd, since the finish on these is pretty good.

The third vapes like a beast.

elfy

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2013
Elfland, everywhere, USA

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
Hahaha Chinatrye i can post my complete experience from early November for a KFL clone @ $34 that was stated in stock when ordered (everything they sell says in stock i suspect only items listed as quickship are) got the usual emails not in stock, then 3-7 days, then we have to get the supplier to make them, then the supplier sent the wrong stock.... blah blah blah there responses were like a George bush speech lies (replies), excuses more excuses then even more excuses opened a PayPal dispute after 4 weeks (order wasn't sent) weird PayPal refunded me in less than 2 hours why so fast i wonder? Bye Bye Chinatrye roll the dice!

I feel the love for my Chinese cousins, i know it's just business.

Happy new year! And welcome to the Horse for Chinese new year 2014!

Vape on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York

I ordered this one, but have not rec'd it as it just shipped yesterday, but I am looking forward to it. I can't swear by it, but I think this is the same as the clone made by EHpro, which is a really good Caravela clone based on several reviews that I have watched. I believe it is the same based on the build of the individual parts ie: bottom and top cap design, as well as the spare parts that come with it ... You can search Caravela clone on youtube and compare them to the photos listed with the item, and I am sure you will agree that it is most likely an EHpro.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Hahaha Chinatrye i can post my complete experience from early November for a KFL clone @ $34 that was stated in stock when ordered (everything they sell says in stock i suspect only items listed as quickship are) got the usual emails not in stock, then 3-7 days, then we have to get the supplier to make them, then the supplier sent the wrong stock.... blah blah blah there responses were like a George bush speech lies (replies), excuses more excuses then even more excuses opened a PayPal dispute after 4 weeks (order wasn't sent) weird PayPal refunded me in less than 2 hours why so fast i wonder? Bye Bye Chinatrye roll the dice!

I feel the love for my Chinese cousins, i know it's just business.

Happy new year! And welcome to the Horse for Chinese new year 2014!

Vape on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for sharing ... I still have not rec'd any shipping confirmation from Chinabuye, and tomorrow will one week since I ordered ... Like I already stated, I don't plan to ever buy from then again, and I would not have bought from them this time, but they were the only vendor (US and China) that I could find that had a brushed stainless steel Rocket ... most vendors only have the chromed brass, or the polished stainless version, which is not what I wanted.

I am very happy with Focalecig so far ... everything with my order has gone well so far, so now I am just waiting to receive.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Nikkita6 - you must have missed all the BS print on preperation/Shipping/etc. at ChinaBuye.
I used ChinaBuye several times, purchasing starter kits for new Vapers. Knew from the get go that there would be delays. Unfortunately each order took progressively longer, with most of the lost time in Processing.
Also a little known fact - ChinaBuye is only one store front for a company that has at least 6 faces. Deception through Diversity.

I hold no feelings either way over anyone shopping where they please and only occasionally suggest a Vender when I know they have an item someone needs.

I am surprised however that you say you are only offering an alternative. What I have read of this thread points to paragraph after paragraph of justification and explanation. Even a few rude battles seem to have broken out.

Since I am pretty old, have enough gear to outlast my lifetime and only started reading this thread out of curiosity I will politely exit and everyone can continue on topic.

Always good to have extra suppliers in your bookmarks.........just in case.:)

Have a Great 2014 Everyone!:thumb:
Happy New Year to all - gotta be midnight somewhere:party:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread