Focalecig chat...Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2013
UK
Finally got the shipping notice for my Inoy squoker order, but I had to light a fire under Support's rear end by threatening to cancel if it didn't see any movement by the end of the week. I'm happy that at least they respond quickly to inquiries like this, but they could do a better job of relaying information about delays.
It took a month for the Xvo last group buy to ship, not sure I have the motivation to hassle Doris lots of people complaining about delays ...... and I hear the clone chip in them is a bit crapola so aother board to upgrade when it finally arrives :(

Sent from my App Runtime for Chrome using Tapatalk

Reactions: eLefAdEr

shatteredsoul76

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 23, 2014
    Portland, TN, USA
    My patience is starting to wear thin with FC, I ordered a velocity and a stumpy that were shown to have landed in the US on 10/27, still hasnt shown up. I sent an email last week stating I was about to open a PP claim and was told to wait longer. I honestly dont mind to wait and up until now Ive have great results with FC. Im actually wanting to place another order but cant bring myself to do it until this other order shows up and thats whats frustrating.

I guess I shall just continue to wait as it seems par for the course when ordering vape gear from China,maybe it will show up sometime before 2016.

roxynoodle

Unregistered Supplier
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 19, 2014
    Ohio
    Youre right Roxy, I guess Ill place another order, trying to stock up as much as I can when my budget allows in case the FDA closes up shop.

Me, too.

There is no rhyme or reason to customs. My Inoy flew through despite FC putting "mechanical mod" on the form. And, of course, it wasn't mechanical. It took 1.5 months to get silicone mod sleeves from FT because they sent them back to China!

eLefAdEr

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 16, 2013
    Chapel Hill, NC, USA
    I am starting to get a little disgusted, and it IS Focalecig... the Inoy is now 3 weeks "muster."

I suggest doing what I did and email support with a 'threat' to cancel if it doesn't ship soon, they'll likely put yours at the top of the fulfillment list to avoid losing out on a sale.

Reactions: Shawn Hoefer

ZeroOhm

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Nov 7, 2013
    UK
    I'm still waiting for my Xvostick & Kangxin, both just shipped. At this point I'm over the focalecig waiting game, I've had much better luck with angelecig due to their US warehouse.
    The Xvos are sweet well worth the wait a fantastic chassis, I expect the inoy to be a bit junky by comparison!:) I didn't have the patience with the DNA clone board in it though so I dumped it and installed an evolv I think it maybe the best clone I have ever tried!

b0f8cc2a071cee68941b15c27bfb1a78.jpg
    bebe613a3ecd33ca6fbdc995315ca796.jpg

Vape on!;)

fishwater

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 22, 2015
    New Hampshire
    I finally got my Xvostick clone last week & my Kangxin squonker last night. Here are my thoughts on the squonk box that I posted in another thread:

I finally received mine yesterday, sure took long enough. Anyway, I used it for the evening & while it's no REO it is a pretty nice device. As mentioned above there are some sharp corners, on my mod the lower corners on the door side & the door were the worst. I took a metal file to mine to smooth them out then covered them with black magic marker since I bought the black mod, the rest of the corners were smooth from the factory. The mod is wide for it's size but still fits in the hand (my hand at least) I'd prefer it to be a little slimmer but with the bottle size, battery & board I can't see them making it much slimmer. The width & height are nice.

I am running mine at 35W with my typical coil build of 6 wraps, 26AWG kanthal which comes out to .45, it's a very nice vape, smooth with no pulsing or anything weird. When I first filled the unit & watched the juice feed I got some leaking from the top of the bottle where the tube feeds through which left a little mess dripping down the outside of the bottle. I think that could be a concern if it makes its way to the board, I swapped the bottle top out with the spare bottle & no leaking now. When I first installed my Mephisto the 510 pin wouldn't make contact so I had to adjust the pin on the atty, no problem with this atty but might be with others. The atty sits flush but I would prefer a very slight air gap instead, ever since getting some atty rash on my brand new Snow Wolf I prefer a slight air gap. At first I got the new coil warning every couple of times I went to fire but once I adjusted the pin & cranked the atty down it has been fine. I did not find the mod switching to max 60V after sleeping, when I fired it up this morning it had the new coil message which I prefer over switching to max volts as noted above with @inswva. Hopefully I can find some time to do a TC build with some Ni200 or Ti but for now I'm happy with the performance with kanthal.

I'm headed for vacation today so I'll use it for the week, maybe when I get back I'll have a different opinion but for now I'm giving it a thumbs up. For the money it's a no brainer, the wait from FC was ridiculous though. I'm pretty sure I am done with group buys, pre-orders & waiting months for mods but besides that for someone looking to get into their first squonk box I think it's worth the money.

bussdriver

ECF Veteran
    Oct 17, 2013
    As stated in the other FT threads, stay away from group buys, pre-orders and not-in-stock items. If they don't have it in stock, then be prepared to wait. FC may have good intentions in such buys, but it's often beyond their control. Couple that with a lack of communicating ability, and now you're left hanging in the dark. Once they get it shipped, if ever, that thing has to come halfway around the world to get to you. Your package is handled by a whole bunch of nosy busybodies before it possibly ends up in someone's mailbox.

I order from China, from places just like Focal. But I parted ways with Focal a while back over a group buy, the no product routine, the lack of communication, and finally a refund that never happened. Screw'em!

Shawn Hoefer

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 21, 2015
    Arkansas Ozarks
    Ok... so someone said they emailed Doris (?) and got results. Can you PM me that email address. I've got to cancel this Inoy squonker order and give my money to someone that wants to ship me a mod... I am frustrated beyond belief. I gave them the benefit of the doubt, but that car don't roll no more...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread